Strangelove

LDR Songs That Would Benefit From A Complete Rework

The entire Blue Banisters album :oprah3:The production just comes off as lazy and makes the whole album sound more like a demos album. The album feels like a giant snoozefest sometimes and I would love if it had a more interesting production instead of all the piano ballad, voice memo crap. I would've loved to hear more strings/orchestra and melodramatic instrumentation :keyboard:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

13 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

lets just say thank god none of you are music producers :) 

ot: tough - should have been re-worked to the trash bin on the desktop!

:eek3:

edit: some of these rework ideas are bad tho.

i need those sweeping sounds in the background of sweet to be removed😭

and TJF without auto tune would be cute

also this isn’t really a rework problem just a side note, i love the intro for the grants soooo much but i wish it was its own intro track before the actual song to open the album because sometimes i just wanna listen to the piano start of that song straight away hehe

and maybe just a new production for don’t let me be misunderstood :) 

peppers desperately needs a rework with a tommy genesis acapella instead of just looping her song with instrumental and all, the way it is right now is very dissonant and messy

If I don't like a lana song that much (and there's only like 3) I don't think a rework could save it.

But I do think a superior version of many songs could be made by fusing parts from Demos + Final version. That's not exactly a rework tho.

On 7/15/2024 at 12:50 PM, oldandugly said:

Why does margaret have like 30 secs of silence at the start

Fade in is really common on jack's production and I HATE IT, specially in margaret cause the intro could have been another born to die / nfr epic cinematic intro :derpna:

Also sweet needed an orchestral break, the song should b more emotional :hooker:

something like this: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8aQ2fDuABS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Spoiler

if someone has a remix like that one share it with me pls :)

Posted (edited)

Ok so I just came up with a rework… sort of? Picture a polished up finalized version of the demo for Fucked My Way Up To The Top with a new vocal take closer to the album version but with less reverb, and a more classic rock drum kit (same drum pattern tho) for a radio mix of the song.

Edited by DemonMic2003

one thing i will say is that national anthem should have kept the “yes, of course i will my darling” from the demos. i instinctively hear it in my head when i listen to the studio version but i should be hearing it out loud and into my ear drums :true:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

On 7/13/2024 at 7:23 PM, Strangelove said:

2. West Coast. Keep the drums and guitars throughout the entire song and ditch the melodramatic chorus. The song should sound similar to a generic 1980’s rock album song from the beginning, but, it doesn’t. Ditch the flushed out vocals and reverb.

WHAT

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

WHAT

You have this AMAZING rock build up up until “your love…”… just to go slow-mo in the chorus without any cool drums or guitars that don’t give it that classic rock element.