That Venice Bitch

2024 US Presidential Election - Kamala Harris/Tim Walz vs. Donald Trump/J.D. Vance

4 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i agree that we should have more options, and it would probably be better for our country if we did, but that just simply isn't going to happen during this current election, i don't believe we should blindly worship democrats, or any political party, or any political figure, but any democrat, despite how flawed they might be, would be better than donald trump! we should be worrying about donald trump and him possibly winning more than anyone else right now

I hope we learn something from this election and build up third/alternative parties.

The Democrats actively go out of their way to stop third parties (Greens, etc.) from being on the ballot. They know that if people put enough effort in, they could easily make this a multiparty system.

My problem with Kamala - and it grows with every Republican who joins her - is that her platform is being poisoned by the idea that she should aim to get those peoples' votes.

I remember when Dick Cheney was protested every other day. But now that he's supporting Kamala, his image was rehabilitated. That's not okay. He was worse than Trump in the sense that his lies and manipulations resulted in the War in Iraq and an endless "Global War on Terror".

Just now, Embach said:

I'm not sure but I think Trump hates Palestine more than any other US politican, at least Harris half-recognizes Palestine. Didn't Trump use Palestinian word as a "slur" when he said to Biden that "you're a very bad Palestinian"? I feel like with his extreme tactics, he would make the situation in Gaza even worse than ever before.

True. 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, baddisease said:

Nothing changes if we do nothing to make it change.

But honestly, it bothers me that Democrats feel owed to the votes of people it doesn't care about and that people are just...okay with that.

Tbh I’d vote third party if more people were on board earlier in the race. It’s way too late for a third party candidate to have any chance in winning this election unfortunately. Neither would be the perfect choice for the Palestine crisis, but I don’t think trump would handle it any better 

492482-1.png

♡︎

the problem we have as a country is we put SO much thought, attention, and money on the presidential race but largely ignore municipality and state elections, which ultimately have a bit of a bigger impact on our day to day.

Thats not to say the figure head of the country isn’t important, and the president does have a good deal of power, but ultimately they have to work with the house and senate, both of which aren’t elected in 4 year cycles. 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

the problem we have as a country is we put SO much thought, attention, and money on the presidential race but largely ignore municipality and state elections, which ultimately have a bit of a bigger impact on our day to day.

Thats not to say the figure head of the country isn’t important, and the president does have a good deal of power, but ultimately they have to work with the house and senate, both of which aren’t elected in 4 year cycles. 

:true:

52 minutes ago, dexter said:

whoever wins Pennsylvania wins the election

This is one of the real problems that often gets overlooked. The electoral college needs to go. The fact that a candidate can win the popular vote by millions and lose the election is ridiculous and not what the founders intended. 

51 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i agree that we should have more options, and it would probably be better for our country if we did, but that just simply isn't going to happen during this current election, i don't believe we should blindly worship democrats, or any political party, or any political figure, but any democrat, despite how flawed they might be, would be better than donald trump! we should be worrying about donald trump and him possibly winning more than anyone else right now

I could not agree more. 

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

This is a problem, but it’s also a problem that so much thought and effort goes into winning swing state voters in a few states. Though not a swing state, I’m glad the democrats did away with Iowa being the first in the nation for primaries. No offense to Iowa, but that state does not represent America as a whole. 

On 9/8/2024 at 12:24 PM, baddisease said:

The Democrats are admitting that Kamala is flip-flopping to win the votes of people like Dick Cheney because she "wants to win the election", meanwhile does not see a problem with her bleeding votes due to that strategy.

Arabs (and specifically Palestinians) are flocking to Jill Stein

Black people (and specifically black men) are flocking to both TRUMP of all people and Dr. Cornel West

Queer people are flocking to Jill Stein or going the no-vote route.

I know how this election is going to end.

Most candidates sway to the center to win voters. It happens every cycle. As dumb as Trump is, even he has been pandering to get some sway. To his detriment, he’s wildly inconsistent and still holds many “policy ideas” that disgust large swaths of the electorate. 

While Harris may be pandering to some degree, I think she’s also simply evolved on issues.

For example, I think that climate change is real and it is an existential problem. However, I don’t think the wise solution is to ban fracking “on day 1” and ban gas powered automobiles, for example. The massaging/approach, in my opinion,  should be to create jobs and incentives for Americans to make decisions that are better for the environment. You can do that, while still having longer term goals to get rid of outdated, destructive technology.

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

18 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The third/alternative parties, like the Green Party and the Working Families Party, both run candidates on a state and city level.

The Philadelphia City Council, for instance, has a member of the Working Families Party on it. And the Working Families Party is very popular in New York and has several candidates in power.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, dexter said:

whoever wins Pennsylvania wins the election

Look to NE-2 on election night. It’s a tiny district, so the votes will be counted much quicker in the night than any other large swing state, and it has backed the winner of the Electoral College in every election except 2012 since 2000. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

I’m scared :deadbanana: This is probably the most important debate in US history. It’s Kamala’s chance to break through to the public and gain the traction she needs to bring home the victory.  But Trump also has the same goal, and more experience to boot.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Trump’s best case scenario: he keeps a cool head, stays calm, and Harris gives long wordy answers that the Trump campaign can use to make it seem like she doesn’t have a platform/stance. 

Harris’ best case scenario: she gives poignant answers, makes her stances very clear to the largest audience she’s been in front of, and her attempts to belittle Trump work and he loses his cool and starts yelling over the muted microphone. 

That man was not gonna shake her hand omfg already hes fucking up.