Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

16 minutes ago, dexter said:

Lana del rey mentioned in the new Fortnite survey for the 4th time this year.. we want Lana del Rey with a Jeremy dufrene edit style and the wedding as an in game location :ma:

Literally the only way to get me to spend another dime in Fortnite cosmetics is if they release her skin. I will buy on SIGHT:slayty:

I love how we’re 50% in pure despair, and 50% in circus celebration mode. Regardless of what happens, we don’t know these people and they don’t know us. Trump supporters exist and do things like get married every day and this is no different. Liking boomer tier facebook memes is a pretty low bar to judge someone, even though they implicate him having regressive ideas. If you came across Jeremy in a dark alley, i don’t think he would beat you up, even if you’re trans. And people were hating on Jeremy before his political beliefs even came out, calling him ugly and stuff, so i think people will just be dissatisfied regardless. 

TLDR: Deep breaths lipsters….

F_kSvzVXYAAQfoO.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

43 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i honestly see both sides of the argument, and i feel like it's somewhat nuanced, i feel happy for her, and i genuinely wish her the best, and i don't think we should automatically assume it's going to end badly, make silly, snide jokes about her upcoming divorce album, or completely denounce her as a person, but... i do believe we have every right to be disappointed in and concerned about the man she's choosing to marry

i don't think some of you really understand how alarming it is that she's choosing to be with somebody who actively and fervently supports someone who wants to strip away the rights of many, perhaps you don't think it will make any difference to you, but many people, LGBT, POC, women, ETC will be negatively impacted by him becoming president once again, if he wins, it could affect the rights and the general life happiness and satisfaction of LGBT people, women may no longer be able to acesss abortions, or perhaps even birth control, and some republicans have even stated that interracial marriage should be left to the states, it genuinely could impact you and your life, and if not you, it could impact somebody you care about and love, her husband literally shared graphic violence towards transgender women on facebook, and, no matter how you feel about certain sociopolitical matters, violence, discrimination and hatred isn't okay, and it isn't normal or something we should just look past, and we have every right to be disappointed that she married somebody who feels that way, and we shouldn't just brush it off as us being parasocial, or needing to touch grass

ultimately, we're all very invested in her, and we're all parasocial to an extent, we're literally registered on a website entirely dedicated to her, some of us have thousands of posts, so it shouldn't come as any surprise that we naturally want to discuss what's happening in her life, she is a public figure after all, and it was inevitable people were going to find out about her husband's political views, she made the choice to marry someone like that, and although we ultimately should respect her autonomy and ability to make decisions, it's silly to expect people who are very invested in her as an artist, and even as a person, to not have thoughts on it

i think we just need to keep it as civil as possible, despite the fact that we are discussing pretty heavy topics that people often feel strongly about

A-fcking-MEN

2 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

I love how we’re 50% in pure despair, and 50% in circus celebration mode. Regardless of what happens, we don’t know these people and they don’t know us. Trump supporters exist and do things like get married every day and this is no different. Liking boomer tier facebook memes is a pretty low bar to judge someone, even though they implicate him having regressive ideas. If you came across Jeremy in a dark alley, i don’t think he would beat you up, even if you’re trans. And people were hating on Jeremy before his political beliefs even came out, calling him ugly and stuff, so i think people will just be dissatisfied regardless. 

TLDR: Deep breaths lipsters….

F_kSvzVXYAAQfoO.jpg

off topic sorry but that photo reminded me of "lana how i hate those guys" meme :blush:

but about this thread it pretty much sums up how half of us are in despair and half of us are circus celebrating...

2.gif

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

off topic sorry but that photo reminded me of "lana how i hate those guys" meme :blush:

but about this thread it pretty much sums up how half of us are in despair and half of us are circus celebrating...

I’ll be an over dramatic drama queen like the Italian southerner I am but I honestly feel huge detachment from her right now, I’ve been riding with her for 13 years and right now even looking at her albums on Spotify kinda repulses me, let alone listen to her music. And before some of you come for me with that parasocial narrative, this is just me sharing a feeling of disappointment as a part of the queer community. 

6 minutes ago, Peachycream said:

Can someone find out if his middle name is Michael for me? I may have found tea about something but I’m not saying a word until it’s confirmed his middle name is Michael. 

It is according to the marriage license they took out. 

4 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

even looking at her albums on Spotify kinda repulses me, let alone listen to her music

:air:

Listen to this then

4 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

:air:

Listen to this then

ew once was enough :oprah8:I’m going in on Marilyn Manson hard today that’s how mad the biatch got me also fjm dropped a song called Screamland and it’s gorgeous 

1 minute ago, tombombadil01 said:

I’m going in on Marilyn Manson hard today that’s how mad the biatch got me

:air::air::air:

Well then i recommend his first album! Portrait of an American Family!

Spoiler

PS : Look at the second to last track on the Smells Like Children album 😱😱😱😱

Well, he is a redneck. I don't mean that as an insult; he just literally is. So it would be more surprising if he weren't a Trump supporter, as that's the norm in the rural South. I bet his family and friends are shocked he's marrying a Los Angeles celebrity, pretty much the most liberal people in the US. They are from polar opposite worlds, so they must feel it's worth it. Maybe they don't talk about politics. Maybe they agree to disagree. Maybe they talk about it a lot, and they have found common ground. She's been so private about him that she clearly doesn't want to share anything publicly, perhaps bc of exactly the kind of criticism we're seeing here. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

13 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

ew once was enough :oprah8:I’m going in on Marilyn Manson hard today that’s how mad the biatch got me also fjm dropped a song called Screamland and it’s gorgeous 

I feel like I have to point this out since, from reading your posts, you seem to be someone with a strong moral instinct - but you do know that Marilyn Manson is a known abuser, right? :rip: So it’s not like listening to him is better than not listening to Lana lol. 

8 hours ago, fishtails said:

What Lana says, does, and who she marries does have an impact, way more than what an individual person who does not have any of that would have.

In addition to that, now that they are married, he likely shares all of her wealth and any money she makes as "Lana Del Rey" will be his as well, meaning he can have even more influence and power when it comes to making his political beliefs a reality.

Not everyone can just ignore that when our basic human rights are at risk of being taken away.

@fishtails said it best

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

8 minutes ago, BoardingSchool said:

Well, he is a redneck. I don't mean that as an insult; he just literally is. So it would be more surprising if he weren't a Trump supporter, as that's the norm in the rural South. I bet his family and friends are shocked he's marrying a Los Angeles celebrity, pretty much the most liberal people in the US. They are from polar opposite worlds, so they must feel it's worth it. Maybe they don't talk about politics. Maybe they agree to disagree. Maybe they talk about it a lot, and they have found common ground. She's been so private about him that she clearly doesn't want to share anything publicly, perhaps bc of exactly the kind of criticism we're seeing here. 

yeah too bad he’s doing all the work himself 💀

I know that so many of us are worried about this wedding. But we need to remember that she is an independent person with her own thought processes and I think she is capable enough to take decisions for herself. Even if there’s a remote possibility of her being “brainwashed” by Jeremy, I don’t think Chuck, Charlie or Daddy Grant would let anything bad happen to her. 
so we need to chill and relax and end this thread.

1 minute ago, Crys10 said:

I think she is capable enough to take decisions for herself

well she definitely is

that doesn't mean they're good decisions

38 minutes ago, Peachycream said:

Can someone find out if his middle name is Michael for me? I may have found tea about something but I’m not saying a word until it’s confirmed his middle name is Michael. 

it's confirmed to be michael boo we're waiting

46 minutes ago, Peachycream said:

I’m sat :smile4:

𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙖 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣' 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙤𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119tm0xa5wga61up5ptu

33 minutes ago, tombombadil01 said:

So Marilyn Manson meets the standard of moral integrity that Lana does not? I hate to be the one to tell you but-