Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

Lana is fucking wild. Always has been

The Lana we “know” or “think of” is not Lizzy Grant, she’s not even her either

She is a woman who has lived however many years of life and we really don’t know her. She’s an artist and that’s not to say it’s all been nothing, I think art is literally interpretation and explanation without knowing what you’re doing. 
im rambling this is just so wild but im not surprised and don’t understand the whole situation and I guess i hope she’s just happy (and makes more music)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Lana is fucking wild. Always has been

The Lana we “know” or “think of” is not Lizzy Grant, she’s not even her either

She is a woman who has lived however many years of life and we really don’t know her. She’s an artist and that’s not to say it’s all been nothing, I think art is literally interpretation and explanation without knowing what you’re doing. 
im rambling this is just so wild but im not surprised and don’t understand the whole situation and I guess i hope she’s just happy (and makes more music)

Exactly. She's not Sparkle Jump Rope Queen or May Jailer either. None of us know her (except Elle, I think), and even if we did, it wouldn't be anything like complete knowledge. She's adopted all these personas for a reason, perhaps one related to what she sang about in WFWF. That's part of our fascination with her. 

15 hours ago, Manchild said:

Since she knows the world is already aware of her wedding, so I don't understand why she doesn't just post something or issue a statement like " Hi Guys, As you probably know i've gotten married. We had a wonderful day and are very happy. Thank you to everybody who has sent good wishes. Please respect mine and Jeremys privacy while we enjoy this time and settle into our new life blah blah blah" She always says how much she loves her fans and must know people want to hear from her, but she maintains this willful silence and has everybody else doing it too. It would take 5 minutes. I really am finding it hard to understand Lana these days.

Right but you're forgetting the part where she owes you/us nothing.

2 minutes ago, KETAMINE said:

Thats a good first post ketamine :mariah:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

25 minutes ago, KETAMINE said:

But it's also understandable that her fans worry about her. That they are interested in her political views and who she says yes to. She is a figure of identification for many, especially younger people, even if she perhaps doesn't care.

How many times do we speculate that Lana’s been married or engaged before? In her music she always alludes to weddings, baby doll dress for her I do,  “say yes” to heaven, ultraviolence video for some examples but there’s plenty more. 

There’s something about her getting married that’s just so….. expected. Do we think her actual wedding, if it’s her real first wedding, lived up to her expectations written about/fantasised about in her music? I wonder.

I’m like not surprised one bit that it wasn’t glamorous, and I don’t give a fuck who she got married to. I’m happy if she’s happy and living her life the way she wants to.

besides his political views and that whole debate... i've seen many people online (reddit) claim that she's trying to act poor/white trash... which i find to be very stupid and really ignorant, she's cosplaying as someone poor/white trash because she's getting married in the south? or because she had an outdoorsy wedding? it really goes to show how they view the south! people are literally so shallow, dumb, and ignorant, i even saw people say that stuff about she thrifted her dress :eyeroll:

remember, i'll always love you, bye

3 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:  besides his political views and that whole debate... i've seen many people online (reddit) claim that she's trying to act poor/white trash... which i find to be very stupid and really ignorant, she's cosplaying as someone poor/white trash because she's getting married in the south? or because she had an outdoorsy wedding? it really goes to show how they view the south! people are literally so shallow, dumb, and ignorant, i even saw people say that stuff about she thrifted her dress   this is especially funny when you remember that she neither shared anything related to the weeding nor anything about the relationship at all. if not for paparazzi, speculations, TMZ and Dailymail we wouldn't even know she has a new SO      

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Private lives and romantic lives are messy---look at our own. 

We like to think we know all the facts and what's in Lana's heart and mind, but we don't. We form a picture of her based on what we do know to be fact, but what we assemble from those partial facts is only an estimation and not exact, and will never be exact--especially because we live in an age where people reject objective-as-possible fact in favor of their own interpretation or belief system, and find it hard to live with unknowns

Almost 70 years after her death, some of the facts of Marilyn Monroe's life, character, and death are still unknown but hotly debated. There's nary a major public figure about which this is not true: Jackie Kennedy, Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston, Elvis Presley, and figures with lower global profiles, like Janice Joplin and Jeff Buckley. 

Stanning is not far from hero worship, which makes a cult out of the hero in question, and worship often turns into hate when the worshipped figure does not act in accordance with what is expected--and in which followers are deeply invested.  

I agree, this marriage and relationship appear awkward to my eyes, and her husband appears gauche, even coarse based on some of his social media, but I don't know the truth, the facts, what lies in their hearts or what they share. I don't know either of them.

To me, it seems better to draw what conclusions I can from the hard but partial facts, but otherwise give the entire situation the benefit of the doubt, live with all the unknowns, and wish Lana the best. 

girl I don’t know you and I don’t mean to be a dick but he reposted the picture of a trans person beaten up into a pulp suggesting it was okay to do that if he had found them in the same public toilets as his daughter, are you okay? we literally do not need to know ALL the facts, like that ONE fact would be enough for literally anyone with a single brain cell to get the gist of his character and stay tf away from him, instead she decided to marry him. I’m sorry but your examination of why and how we worship celebs has little to do with this, she has simply shown her true colours, just another brand of straight white privileged hypocrite and the mere fact of having written a whole paragraph going for Kanye’s throat for supporting Trump and then getting in bed with a Trump supporter like this fact itself would shame her into oblivion if it came up in interviews (which I’m betting you her management will pay magazines for it to never be asked). Revolting. I’m just surprised at how this shitstorm hasn’t hit IG yet and her comments are still lukewarm. 

I think it's best for her and us to just stop talking about her wedding. I've seen many people cricticise and talking shit about her husband, while we know nothing about him, just some post he's made that indicate nothing. I have realized as time goes by that people (I'm not talking for lanaboards members specifically) are trying to reach a conclusion by a digital persona. What I am trying to say is that political opinions,posts and all of these show literally nothing about the soul the quality or the depth of someone. This is just my interpretation. And I'm not talking about jereme only, we literally know nothing about Lana too. How she acts in her personal relationships, her opinions. There is just a public image of her, and we admire her as an artist, not a person (except if you know her). This is why I find pointless making assumptions about the future of the couple and the career of Lana Del Rey.

Sour taste in my mouth after this, and i have defended lana for a lot. Which is funny cuz its her literal wedding aka happiest day for her but this guy is the walking image of everything i hate. 

obviously me saying this has no impact on anything cuz not like shes gna be like “WHAT!! SYTH DOESNT LIKE THIS.. NOOO” but idk i guess i just have an indifference recently. Which is weird cuz she used to be like my #1 for upwards of 10 years

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

idk with all the bad boys and trailer park aesthetic lana sings about and has cultivated in her world-building i guess now that the initial shock of it has worn off, it just makes sense. "forget that lefty shit your mom drilled in your mind"

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d