Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

Lana is fucking wild. Always has been

The Lana we “know” or “think of” is not Lizzy Grant, she’s not even her either

She is a woman who has lived however many years of life and we really don’t know her. She’s an artist and that’s not to say it’s all been nothing, I think art is literally interpretation and explanation without knowing what you’re doing. 
im rambling this is just so wild but im not surprised and don’t understand the whole situation and I guess i hope she’s just happy (and makes more music)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

Lana is fucking wild. Always has been

The Lana we “know” or “think of” is not Lizzy Grant, she’s not even her either

She is a woman who has lived however many years of life and we really don’t know her. She’s an artist and that’s not to say it’s all been nothing, I think art is literally interpretation and explanation without knowing what you’re doing. 
im rambling this is just so wild but im not surprised and don’t understand the whole situation and I guess i hope she’s just happy (and makes more music)

Exactly. She's not Sparkle Jump Rope Queen or May Jailer either. None of us know her (except Elle, I think), and even if we did, it wouldn't be anything like complete knowledge. She's adopted all these personas for a reason, perhaps one related to what she sang about in WFWF. That's part of our fascination with her. 

15 hours ago, Manchild said:

Since she knows the world is already aware of her wedding, so I don't understand why she doesn't just post something or issue a statement like " Hi Guys, As you probably know i've gotten married. We had a wonderful day and are very happy. Thank you to everybody who has sent good wishes. Please respect mine and Jeremys privacy while we enjoy this time and settle into our new life blah blah blah" She always says how much she loves her fans and must know people want to hear from her, but she maintains this willful silence and has everybody else doing it too. It would take 5 minutes. I really am finding it hard to understand Lana these days.

Right but you're forgetting the part where she owes you/us nothing.

2 minutes ago, KETAMINE said:

Thats a good first post ketamine :mariah:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

25 minutes ago, KETAMINE said:

But it's also understandable that her fans worry about her. That they are interested in her political views and who she says yes to. She is a figure of identification for many, especially younger people, even if she perhaps doesn't care.

How many times do we speculate that Lana’s been married or engaged before? In her music she always alludes to weddings, baby doll dress for her I do,  “say yes” to heaven, ultraviolence video for some examples but there’s plenty more. 

There’s something about her getting married that’s just so….. expected. Do we think her actual wedding, if it’s her real first wedding, lived up to her expectations written about/fantasised about in her music? I wonder.

I’m like not surprised one bit that it wasn’t glamorous, and I don’t give a fuck who she got married to. I’m happy if she’s happy and living her life the way she wants to.