Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

I keep thinking about the lyrics “sometimes love is not enough” and “they said that love was enough but it wasn’t” and how they are true in real life — there is so much more than just “love” as an abstract feeling when it comes to picking a partner. I don’t even think most people know what love abstractly is. Love is a choice in a lot of ways, which may or may not be an unpopular opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She knows him personally. You don't.

And we don't want to know him personally. We know everything we need to by his political views because, in 2024, still voting for or supporting Trump is an active vote for HATRED and IGNORANCE. 
Fans being upset that their favorite singer is married to someone with those views and that type of person is 100% valid. Yes, we don't know them at all, this is parasocial but just like you are a huge fan of her and respect her, we do too. But this is really a sour taste given a lot of her fanbase are apart of the minorities that her husband's views actively smear. 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s still the same “ if they’re nice to me I don’t care” direct quote from her.

I love her but...she's a complete airhead. I hope that his Trumpism, at some point, directly impacts her so that maybe then she could see what he supports against the rest of us.

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

I love her but...she's a complete airhead. I hope that his Trumpism, at some point, directly impacts her so that maybe then she could see what he supports against the rest of us.

I wonder what her views on abortion are since that’s really the only thing I can think of will be affected by Trump for her. As a woman, you would think she wants to keep her human rights. But I guess for people like her, she doesn’t have to worry about losing much else from a Trump presidency.

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

If she does adopt her husband's name in an official capacity with her work, what should we refer to her as in posts? Would this board's name even be appropriate anymore?

(e.g. half of the board screaming in apoplexy)

p.png

OR stick with her previous stage name?

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Well I doubt all her family are pleased but it’s better to keep contact than to cause an argument- I doubt fans will influence her opinions 

Just now, ivory almond said:

I wonder what her views on abortion are since that’s really the only thing I can think of will be affected by Trump for her. As a woman, you would think she wants to keep her human rights. But I guess for people like her, she doesn’t have to worry about losing much else from a Trump presidency.

Even if Jeremy opposes Lana getting an abortion, she's still rich enough to circumvent any law against it, even a complete US-wide ban on abortion.

giphy.gif

Just now, Coriander said:

If she does adopt her husband's name in an official capacity with her work, what should we refer to her as in posts? Would this board's name even be appropriate anymore?

p.png

Her real name is Elizabeth Grant.

1 minute ago, Coriander said:

p.png

lmfao

Lana Del Ray aka Lizzy Dufrene

giphy.gif

At the end of the day does it really matter? We're fans because of her music, not who she dates. Can we not be dramatic  :brigitte:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

At the end of the day does it really matter? We're fans because of her music, not who she dates. Can we not be dramatic  :brigitte:

Marrying a man who wants transgender women beaten bloody matters, at least to me.

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m sure she’s seen it - as others have pointed out, she wouldn’t have intervened in how fans talk about it if she hadn’t. Also, it’s 2024 - who isn’t stalking online lol. It’s disappointing because she’s certainly not the kind of person to endorse those kinds of beliefs.

Ooh what did I miss I was sleeping

Seen what

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Ooh what did I miss I was sleeping

Seen what

Have you seen the anti-trans post Jeremy Dufrene posted?

giphy.gif

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Nothing new! Just the same anti-trans post :/

Have you seen the anti-trans post Jeremy Dufrene posted?

Oh! 

Yes I've seen it (unfortunately)

Thanks

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Marrying a man who wants transgender women beaten bloody matters, at least to me.

It's disgusting but she can marry who she wants at the end of the day. I think people need to focus more on their own lives instead of worrying about someone elses.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Hey guys just wanted to hop on here to give some awareness about the Daily Mail.

I’m from the UK and tbf the Daily Mail are known for over exaggerating EVERYTHING and sometimes even faking stuff, they’re not always a reliable news source. 

I used to work with newspapers so ik what I’m talking about 

QUICK NOTE EDIT:

Im not defending anyone in this situation or taking sides atp, I just thought I’d let you guys know because jumping to conclusions is DEADLY with the Daily Mail!

Edited by ldrzodiac