Sign in to follow this  
JDaniel

Hurricane Milton

4 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

I live in Tampa. I have never been so afraid of a hurricane.

I heard on the news in France the head of Tampa Bay saying that the people who remained were going to die.

I hope you are far from there

1 hour ago, JDaniel said:

I heard on the news in France the head of Tampa Bay saying that the people who remained were going to die.

I hope you are far from there

I am not on the coast, I'm about 30 miles inland. The worst of the storm surge and wind damage will be along the coastline; inland will be wind and rain accumulation. It's been over 100yrs since the Tampa area took a direct hit from a major hurricane 😫

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Please stay safe everyone, I'm worried about you

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

I live outside Orlando to the east so I know it shouldnt be like the worst thing ever but im a lil scared :oprah: I think twitter is just being a lil dramatic but like why does it have to hit in the middle of the night :air: I dont want my room to flood but my landlord told me to put a towel under my door soooo :trisha4: I have vinyls damnit also got high for the first time in MONTHS which is crazy for me and wtf was my problem cause it was definitely not the time to get this high but fuck it honestly im a bad bitch no hurricane named Milton is gonna get my ass lets be fr :keyboard: losing power is the worst too life becomes a 1800s horror game real fast and ur electronics are now limited and the ac stops like fuckkkkk im already a warm sleeper :crai: I got flashlights and carbs and lots of water and soda and cat food so I should be good otherwise but good luck u guys 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Currently on the east coast where the hurricane hasn't even yet and already some homes in my town have gotten the roofs torn off from tornadoes and flooding in nearby communities from just the rain; luckily, the worst for my place has just been power outages, but I know lots of my friends who live on the beach have already evacuated, I can't imagine how bad it must be on the west coast of Florida, hoping everyone stays safe

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

The governor of Florida seems to indicate that this terrible storm was a little less violent than expected Resident of Tampa, Orlando and other cities in this state, reassure us of the consequences of this disaster for you and your loved ones.

I think the most horrifying thing about this whole situation for me, is the incarcerated people who will be forced to remain in dangerous conditions. Everyone else has the ability to flee, they’re literally being forced to stay. Most of the time in the dark, being abandoned by correctional staff, drinking water from toilets, having to fortify their prison’s with sandbags… keeping their human waste in PLASTIC BAGS- in their own cells…. It’s just horrific. Their lives are not worth any less.

On 10/10/2024 at 18:22, Veinsineon said:

I think what scares me the most about this situation is the people incarcerated who will be forced to stay in dangerous conditions. Everyone else has the opportunity to escape, they are literally forced to stay. Most of the time in the dark, abandoned by prison staff, drinking toilet water, having to fortify their prison with sandbags... keeping their human excrement in PLASTIC BAGS - in their own cells... It is simply horrible. Their lives are worth no less.

I understand what you mean but many other people are also vulnerable and for many reasons.

Danger and fear are widely shared things