Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Guest Dot

Post your unpopular opinions on Lana Del Rey here! I will of course start:

The No Kung Fu "Yayo" shits all over the album version.

THIS!

I don't like the Born to Die video. It's too over-dramatic for me. The song itself is over-dramatic, I still listen to it though...

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I want her to some how fit final versions of her popular unreleased songs onto albums in the future. Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight, Serial Killer, American Dream/Damn You, Hollywood's Dead, She's Not Me (Ride or Die Bitch), Tired of Singing The Blues and Every Man Gets His Wish are my choices if it ever happens.

Pawn Shop Blues reminds me of Come As You Are by Nirvana.

I don't usually notice track similarities in Born To Die, they just feel cohesive.

This Is What Makes Us Girls is in my top 4 in BTD...easily.

I still want a video for Cola, American and Yayo. Every other Paradise song got a video, it kind of sucked that we won't get videos.

I think Lana should've kept the video for Bel Air on YouTube.

Lana should actually make Ultraviolence a double album. 8 songs on each disk.

The live version of Body Electric is truly superior, I think the track could've been at least 1-2 minutes longer.

I think Tropico should've been Cola, Body Electric and Gods & Monsters. Bel Air didn't sound right in that trio.

Bel Air is probably the most beautiful track on Paradise, Born To Die, Dark Paradise and National Anthem fight for that spot on BTD.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Andddddd Body Electric should've sounded like how she performed it for the first time. I'm not a fan of the production on the album.

YES! I actually dont like the album one

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

I don't understand all the hate for the Paradise version of Yayo. The AKA one is definitely better (especially because of the background 'dark niiiiiiiight' in the bridge), but I do like the Paradise version too; she sounds really drugged up, and I think that suits the song.

Also, I think that Paradise has some of the best music she's ever made. IMO: AKA > Paradise > Sirens > BtD.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I didn't understand what the lyrics were to the paradise version of Yayo for over a year...Seriously I only recently heard the original version of Yayo and the lyrics were completely different than what I thought she was saying. I must say that I do like the original version, but the paradise version makes me cringe.

I love her dark hair. It's the same color as mine, so that might have a lot to do with it ;)

I'm not a fan of WC. I've listened to it plenty, but it's not one of my favorites. It seems like she's trying too hard to please mainstream America.

I love the relationship she has with Barrie. That Summer Wine video melted me and I think they're adorable together, but I wish that he would invest a little bit more time into his appearance. Homeless Barrie ain't cutting it for me.