Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I think she looked prettiest in her Paradise era.

This is true! I adored all of the dresses she wore on tour. I'm a sucker for the lacey white stuff. :P She had some really great photo shoots done back then too. I particularly love these:

LanaDelReyLofficiel2.jpg

Lana+Del+Rey+%2540+Numero+Japan+March+20

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

This is true! I adored all of the dresses she wore on tour. I'm a sucker for the lacey white stuff. :P She had some really great photo shoots done back then too. I particularly love these:

LanaDelReyLofficiel2.jpg

Lana+Del+Rey+%40+Numero+Japan+March+2013

loved her long chocolate hair ldelray_gl_16jul12_pa_b_262x393.jpg

sorry if there is trouble on the issue of gay or not gay but I saw a picture on tumblr and I wanted to ask you if it is a fake or not. :) thk

tumblr_namlqtvRaZ1rg0kqho1_400.png

I think she ...   anyway nice ass XD

yup. If you right click it and select "search google for this image" on chrome you'll find it on relationship twitters. 

IMHO Born To Die (album ... I think it is a true masterpiece for modern times) is greater than a few steps at Ultraviolence (album). Probably by the time I will appreciate more UV, but for now think so. :)

I really love Diet Mountain Dew (album version). The lyrics of the first demo (hit me my darling tonight...) are far superior, but the production of this version is really nice. It's a great song and it's far too often dismissed as simple fluff.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I really love Diet Mountain Dew (album version). The lyrics of the first demo (hit me my darling tonight...) are far superior, but the production of this version is really nice. It's a great song and it's far too often dismissed as simple fluff.

I agree with this. I never skip DMD, and I think the programming of it between VG and NA works really well, unlike DP following NA, which kills the momentum of the album.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I don't think Brooklyn Baby is sarcastic. I think she believes what she's saying in it. And if she's ever called out on it, she'll say it's satirical to cover her butt. I liked to believe it was satirical, but someone here said that it was "too close to home" for Lana to poke fun at and now I can't see it as joking.

I dont know if this an unpopular opinon tbh.For all BTD flaws (Over production/Heavy use of certain samples) I believe imo that its better emotionally - range wise that is- than UV.

The way I look at it is that BTD/PD is the sun with the odd solar flare and sunspot (Bright but dangerous) whilst UV is like this massive black hole full of feels.

Sorry if that didn't make it any sense but its how I interpreted them.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I dont know if this an unpopular opinon tbh.For all BTD flaws (Over production/Heavy use of certain samples) I believe imo that its better emotionally - range wise that is- than UV.

The way I look at it is that BTD/PD is the sun with the odd solar flare and sunspot (Bright but dangerous) whilst UV is like this massive black hole full of feels.

Sorry if that didn't make it any sense but its how I interpreted them.

I totally agree with you! Born to Die mostly hints at bad experiences ('they would rue the day I was alone without you', Dark Paradise & Summertime Sadness et al), but has pretty 'positive' i-really-love-you-forever vibes. Ultraviolence is as she said it would be - darker and way more melancholic than Born to Die. It's so ironic that she starts Fucked My Way with 'life is awesome, I confess' - practically the whole album is about how shit she is treated by her boyfriend(s)/media/others. As you said, Born to Die & Paradise are suns with occasional clouds, whereas Ultraviolence is a full-blown eclipse.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Not sure if this a unpopular opinion, but I really wish she said 'fuck you' instead of 'damn you' in DY. She seems so angry in that song that she needs to say something stronger - even 'screw you' would be better than 'damn', which is too weak imo given the tone of the rest of the song.

(ps sorry for the double post)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

It's so ironic that she starts Fucked My Way with 'life is awesome, I confess'

isn't it "life is worse than I confess" ?

Edit: Nvm it is awesome. She says it so weird

Fucking exactly! It actually was one of the first songs on BTD I got into. Justice for Diet Mountain Dew  :dmd:

I hate what she said about her fans in Rolling Stones - about how she wishes no one would think about or listen to her songs.  I get the art being selfish part, it often is, but I'm hoping so much she didn't mean that about not wanting people to care.  

I also REALLY wish she would do concerts for 21 and over, because it would - hopefully - create smaller and quieter crowds.  This is NOTHING against anyone younger than 21, I just would like that to happen because I like tame shows! 

And, finally, I wish she would quit smoking.  I understand why she smokes onstage, but I'm worried about her voice.  

"American" is the best Lana song, on a purely aesthetic level

It has also ruined me on new music by other artists, since after every new Pitchfork-approved track I hear I ask, "Is this as good as 'American'?" and the answer is always NO

haha Lana in general has ruined me on other artists.  I'm a huge music person, but all I can listen to is Lana right now, and everything else seems less important.  She's like crack. 

Stop smoking, age restrictions. Dream on. BTW I like your post, but well, it's Lana afterall, she would never do that. You need to go to Monaco or some other private concert  with the super rich to avoid her younger fans.