Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, idk.

I want the Marilyn Manson, Eli Roth, LDR collabo video to be released from its vault. Maybe it'll be the new video promised this week. Maybe it's even a Christmas video.

Guest Dot

a la beyonce?

a la Blondie. They did it first. MJ's "Bad" came pretty close too with 9/11 songs getting a music video.

Beyonce wasn't the first one to do it, always keep that in mind. :mj: Bitch is always getting credit for something people have done before her. (see: Already Gone -> Halo, If I Were A Boy controversy, her copying Tina Turner on her concerts, etc.)

Going out on an unpopular limb, I wish LDR would be even *more* influenced by Taylor Swift. She should release the AKA album on Spotify, and she should cull her leaks/unreleased catalog and release a killer country/folk album.

Going out on an unpopular limb, I wish LDR would be even *more* influenced by Taylor Swift. She should release the AKA album on Spotify, and she should cull her leaks/unreleased catalog and release a killer country/folk album.

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread and I respect people having their own voice and stuff but this was kinda blasphemous. Leave the forum please.

jk but don't compare Lana to that bitch pls :willcut:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Brooklyn Baby is so boring now.

Lizzy Grant really wasn't all that. Especially compared to Lana in BTD era.

I don't care for a AKA re-release.

i agree, I grew tired of brooklyn baby after the third or fourth listen

Though aka lizzy Grant is flawless

i agree, I grew tired of brooklyn baby after the third or fourth listen

I was bored of it after second listening. My least favourite song on Ultraviolence, I think (I might be forgetting some other flop song, tho).

Ultraviolence is a great record, but it has nothing on Born To Die when it comes to being iconic. At this rate, I can't see Lana surpassing the first era's imagery.

i am nothing and should be everything

I know this is the unpopular opinions thread and I respect people having their own voice and stuff but this was kinda blasphemous. Leave the forum please.

jk but don't compare Lana to that bitch pls :willcut:

Basically her marketing team should take a page from Taylor's team's playbook  :smile:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I don't think Lana actually loves or was influenced by Kurt Cobain the way she claims she was. I think she's just a basic ass fan who knows a few hits and is in love with the idea of Kurt more than anything. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I don't think Lana actually loves or was influenced by Kurt Cobain the way she claims she was. I think she's just a basic ass fan who knows a few hits and is in love with the idea of Kurt more than anything.

I agree. Remember Lana's playlist with Smells or HSB in it? Sadly, I think that 60% of people who claim to love Cobain are like that. They see him as this god of rebellion, being tr00 and suicide (unless they believe he was murdered). I like Kurt a lot, he's got a special spiritual meaning to me, but the fact that everyone more or less is into him really irks me - it's just so damn easy to be his fan!

i am nothing and should be everything

I agree. Remember Lana's playlist with Smells or HSB in it? Sadly, I think that 60% of people who claim to love Cobain are like that. They see him as this god of rebellion, being tr00 and suicide (unless they believe he was murdered). I like Kurt a lot, he's got a special spiritual meaning to me, but the fact that everyone more or less is into him really irks me - it's just so damn easy to be his fan!

So true! Same with people who claim to love Elvis, Marilyn Monroe & Bob Marley I haven't met someone who knows more than a few basic songs by them. It seems in a lot of cases, mostly with dead celebs, people like them just because they're 'iconic'. It's like once a celeb dies in their prime they become godly to us. I like Kurt a lot, Nirvana definitely made an impact on my life, especially with introducing me to Courtney Love/Hole, but I just don't get the love for Kurt. Totally get that he was talented/a great lyricist, but I don't get the obsession society has for him. If he hadn't died young he wouldn't be seen in the same light.

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

I love everything Lana does. She can do no wrong. A literal angel and my savior. 

People saying she'll never recreate Born To Die's success or imagery, true. But I believe she was happy during the Born To Die era. She was happy and inspired. 

This time around, Ultraviolence, I can't say she is. I think she's bored with life.... I am bored with mine too. I understand her so much. 

I'm a fan. I love HER. Not her success or anything. Lana was never destined to be this big megastar but she got more out of a career in music than people thought she would and I'm so proud of her for that. I'll always be with her, I'll always be a fan. 

So off topic but I had to rant.  :smile2:

Anyway, my unpopular (sort of?) opinions:

1. I prefer most of the finished BTD product over their demos.  :um: Most people seem to prefer the demos of the songs. Like Lolita and Lucky Ones, however I like the final versions much better.

2. I dislike most of AKA. I like 5 songs, that's it.  :judgingu:

3. Brite Lites is kind of bad. The only 'bad' song I've ever heard from her. I mean, I heard some bad DEMOS. But this is a song that was on an album, and it is pretty cringe worthy.  :bye3:

3. Brite Lites is kind of bad. The only 'bad' song I've ever heard from her. I mean, I heard some bad DEMOS. But this is a song that was on an album, and it is pretty cringe worthy.  :bye3:

Why?

And the wind I know it’s cold

I never liked Children of Bad Revolution. Such meh song.

Same

Cruel World and Black Beauty are the worst songs on UV.

:biblio: