liam

oh my fucking god do not start this shit again

Hømegirl just dropped a new video. and i posted it here. yet you felt the need to comment on that. okay, whatever though.

But do you really not find it kinda odd problematic that the song is reggae inspired but the video has no black people in it

Hømegirl just dropped a new video. and i posted it here. yet you felt the need to comment on that. okay, whatever though.

But do you really not find it kinda odd problematic that the song is reggae inspired but the video has no black people in it

100% with you, also i feel that was a whole lot of let's get a bunch of stuff from other cultures and make them look edgy

First we feel; then we fall.

i personally think it sounds more oriental than reggae but are not going to mention her stealing FKA Twigs/black baby hairstyle? Also is nobody going to mention that video is a cheap rip off of MIAs bad girls video but with just ugly white people who look like they need to take a shower? (Honestly 90% of the people In the video looked homeless)(no offense to homeless people)

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

It's not tho.........................

But do you really not find it kinda odd problematic that the song is reggae inspired but the video has no black people in it

But it's more of a fusion of Middle Eastern and Oriental...?

MkWI4Ns.png

Wouldn't it be another problem entirely if she had found some token black people in white ass Denmark just to give her video some flavor

Not if they're just being carefree like these kids. It would be a problem if they were shown twerking their ass or looking extra intimidating/badass. Used as props basically.

You can show representation without being exploitative.

whatever you wanna call it, Miss

tumblr_nsf48ehqlr1u58bayo1_400.gif

I didn't think a white girl made that up I was just saying the genre of the song sounded more asian influenced than reggae... I completely agree with you that the video doesn't have any POC and that it appropriates several cultures....

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I see the video's loaded with other poc!

And that word, 'oriental', what are we ramen noodle packets?

A simple Google search of "oriental music" will take you here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Asia Go nuts.

But is a meltdown over a 4 minute video that <1,000,000 people will see really necessary? This online Tumblr war against racism is ridiculous. (Not the real fight against racism, in which people are fighting against that actually matter in the grand scheme of things. You know, like police brutality, needless murders, and the like.)

inb4 Tumblr activists are here to tell me my white privilege is showing!

MkWI4Ns.png