LDRO

"Young & Beautiful" - Lead single from The Great Gatsby Soundtrack, OUT NOW!

They're uploaded on her YouTube channel now~

EDIT: Was too lazy to look back a page, ty lola.

Why is she uploading songs when theres supposed to be video today ?

This song literally brought tears to my eyes. It's so beautiful, especially the "Dear lord when I get to heaven please let me bring my man, when he comes tell me that you'll let him in, Father tell me if you can" part! SHIVERS!!! And then followed by "Oh that grace, oh that body, oh that face makes me wanna party" - that VOICE of hers, oh my god. It's just so goddamn brilliant. I had really high hopes after that beautiful, beautiful snippet, and i'm not the least bit disappointed, definitely one of my all time favorite Lana songs! 

tumblr_mo54vignru1s4et4go1_500.gif

Argh I can't believe I don't like this. Well that's too strong. Vocals, music, they're lovely. But lyrically it irks me. I'm not saying I could do better, but

I’ve seen the world done it all,
Had my cake, now.
Diamonds, brilliant,
And Bel Air, now.

I mean that's the intro to the song, the intro should really draw you in in my opinion, but it's so...basic? Bland? I think snipping this out would improve the song wonders for me, though the 'Like diamonds' is incredibly unsatisfying too. I don't know, I hope I eat my words and learn to love it. It so annoyed me when people took such an immediate dislike to it, and I'm not bothered at all >.<

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Everything about this song is beautiful. I mean, literally there is nothing bad I can say about this song. I can not wait until the video comes out I am at work waiting and when it does I will probably be in tears. I'm so proud of our Spark Jump Rope Coney Island Queen  :thankyou:

god knows I tried

I like Damn You and Hollywood's Dead much more, which I mention because YAB seems like it's from a similar style melody wise. YAB's good as a movie song and I saw somewhere Baz Llurhman, the director, had some input, so maybe "lyrics decay" -- in this song -- could be attributable to that. 

Do people generally think Adele's Skyfall is subpar from her notable songs? Just wondering. I don't know how to assess Florence, as I'm not as familiar with her work. But I will say her song seemed to be more about her (admittedly awesome) voice than the movie.

Finally does the song help us understand the timing of the two covers better? Would it have motivated her to release them if she thought YAB were weak? Or would she be more inclined to release them if she thought the YAB were strong? Just idly speculating.

Young and Beautiful

#2 Bulgaria
#10 Slovakia
#12 Singapore
#16 Israel
#17 Malaysia
#21 Slovakia
#22 Russia
#27 Sweden
#42 Czech Republic
#45 Italy
#46 Ireland
#59 Greece
#59 Spain
#60 Hong Kong
#60 Thailand
#70 Macau
#70 New Zealand
#73 United Kingdom
#73 Brazil
#74 Poland
#75 Indonesia
#76 Norway
#78 Brazil
#85 Netherlands
#87 Denmark
#90 France
#96 Australia
#136 Sri Lanka
#137 Finland
#147 Malta
#147 Turkey
#148 Turkey
#152 Chile
#160 Estonia
#164 Nicaragua
#222 Belgium
#253 Germany
#261 Switzerland
#264 Austria
#323 Hungary

Why in God's name is the song still not available for purchase in the USA? I mean, I don't even like the song very much, but I just want to support Lana and I can't even do that. Come on iTunes. :crossed:   :crossed:

Why in God's name is the song still not available for purchase in the USA? I mean, I don't even like the song very much, but I just want to support Lana and I can't even do that. Come on iTunes. :crossed:   :crossed:

The release is planned on 23th. The video should be today.  :hooker:

I just don't understand other places have it and we don't. NOT FAIR, LANA. NOT FAIR.  :judgingu: 

Well honestly, you can be glad she is even releasing something in the US after all the mess. 

Sue_-_SHUT_UP.gif

I just don't understand other places have it and we don't. NOT FAIR, LANA. NOT FAIR.  :judgingu: 

Actually I think it's pretty typical for U.S. releases to come out on a Tuesday. At least a couple days after everyone else... can anyone confirm this?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Actually I think it's pretty typical for U.S. releases to come out on a Tuesday. At least a couple days after everyone else... can anyone confirm this?

I've always noticed new singles/album dropping on Tuesdays too.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18