teethclick

Björk

Honestly the 1-2-3 punch of Paradisa, Saint, and Future Forever teleported me into another dimension and took my breath away

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

does future forever sound like ramona lisa's wings of the parapets to anyone else?  i cant get it out of my head while its playing tbh

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

does future forever sound like ramona lisa's wings of the parapets to anyone else?  i cant get it out of my head while its playing tbh

I have no idea what that is.... but has anyone noticed that a LOT of the flute melodies are so similar to a lot of the flute parts in Glora 

My digipak was dispatched today and I can't wait to get my hands on it :krylie: I was surprised how much I liked the record already on the very first listen and my love for it has grown with every single play since. The soundscape she and Arca have built is fascinating and so are the mythologies that inspired her, and the bird noises etc. are a really nice touch - at times it feels like you're almost there in her utopia; sitting on the ground near a rippling river, listening to the flutes and her singing while birds fly around and join in the music. There is "natural" flora and fauna but also somewhat fucked up, Chernobyl-like yet beautiful and unique plants and creatures, all living in harmony with each other and the nature. My favorites at the moment are (in tracklist order, once again) Arisen my senses, Utopia, Courtship, Loss, Sue me, Tabula rasa and Claimstaker - Future Forever is the only track I'm still not quite feeling but it's alright.

Z1Ba9h8.png

The album is fucking phenomenal. She definitely delivered with Utopia. Only song I am not completely fond of is Body Memory, because I feel like it drags on for too long, but hopefully once I become more familiar with the melody I will like it more. Other than that, though, everything is AMAZING! I think my album rating would go something like this now:

Vespertine > Vulnicura > Utopia > Medúlla > Homogenic > Debut > Post > Volta > Biophilia

The one thing that has me very nervous is how the tracks are all basically rearranged on the vinyls... but at the same time it’s exciting because some of the rearranged tracks are different lengths than the CD/iTunes versions so yaaaaaaasssss

The album needs to grow on me, but so far even though the production is very pretty and i like a few songs, this seems to still suffer from what plagued the previous album. Everything sounds the same, everything is a similar tempo and it drags on and on.

Theres only so many flutes and forest animals nouses i can hear before i want to kill myself.

i need to get the flac version but every link i've tried has either not worked or been ultra slow - i'll just wait for my amazon autorip tomorrow

not-utopia related but;

i've been listening to a lot of volta, vespertine and debut recently, which are my least listened to.  i've really enjoyed them a lot more than my first listens.  generous palmstroke, unison, heirloom, the anchor song, innocence and vertebrae by vertebrae are amazing.

the only song in her discography i dont like still i think is cocoon because the vocals are kinda grating to me

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I saw Utopia on display today - the cover of the vinyl looks striking as hell (the CD looked good too, but size really does make a difference here ;) ). I'm going to try to pick it up on the weekend.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png