teethclick

Björk

That's because she's a genuine and legitimate artist. No offense to the likes of Rihanna, but there is simply no competition when it comes to someone like her against Bjork. This woman builds an entire universe into an album and sustains it until the next with performances, videos, documentaries, etc.. and let's not forget about the music itself. I could listen to Vespertine for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. Most other artists make an album to just throw it to the side a year or so later, onto the next project.

I mean, you can say she's been milking Biophillia, but ??? Like she made the album into a learning experience as well. Raised money for kids to get an education and shit. I don't feel like looking it up but I know she did a lot of good with this album involving education for kids that can't afford it and stuff. The concept behind the album is seriously amazing as well.. like. Just alkjfdhlsk. Bjork is probably the greatest example of a true artist I can think of when I take into account all of the things that should make someone just that.

14417469274.gif

That's because she's a genuine and legitimate artist. No offense to the likes of Rihanna, but there is simply no competition when it comes to someone like her against Bjork. This woman builds an entire universe into an album and sustains it until the next with performances, videos, documentaries, etc.. and let's not forget about the music itself. I could listen to Vespertine for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. Most other artists make an album to just throw it to the side a year or so later, onto the next project.

I mean, you can say she's been milking Biophillia, but ??? Like she made the album into a learning experience as well. Raised money for kids to get an education and shit. I don't feel like looking it up but I know she did a lot of good with this album involving education for kids that can't afford it and stuff. The concept behind the album is seriously amazing as well.. like. Just alkjfdhlsk. Bjork is probably the greatest example of a true artist I can think of when I take into account all of the things that should make someone just that.

Well, actually, I'm terribly glad I can find someone who actually expresses what I feel about her.

I want to make this as short as I can because when it comes to talking Björk I can talk for hours.

My music professor gave me an album (Telegram) to listen to when I asked her, at 14, what she would recommend if I asked her "I want otherworldly music". She handed me the CD no questions asked, and I freaked out when I started playing it at home. After that, I remember buying Homogenic... The effect only got stronger. Soon I would be completely enthralled with this artist, the only one I ever call like that.

You see, you have painters, musicians, crafters, photographers... But the word "artist"... Ever since I stumbled upon Björk's conceptions in this univers, that word no longer fits anybody else for me. I am 20 now, and her pieces are the only musical pieces that never, ever, ever get old for me. Her songs feel new and unique every time I listen to them.

And for me, although she still lives in this world and partially does this for the money to sustain oneself, doesn't feel like she's creating an album to sell. She compresses an entire fraction of the world, of reality, a vision, a prismatic dimension of the world into each and every album.

That's something I have never, ever, ever seen in anybody else.

Y'all are killing me and making me so emotional with these thought out responses :xcry:

I totally agree with everything said though, she is absolutely one of a kind and out of this world. Her music is timeless and doesn't fit into any box, which I love.

H0bDaqU.gif

Omg I just started to listen to her yesterday, and all my faves that have listed Björk as one of their influences, I can definitely see a resemblance and hoe strong her influence is. She really is great. Currently listening to her greatest hits + Biophilia to begin, I've watched some music videos as well.

Can you guys recommend me some songs/videos? Thanks :)

:smokes:

Omg I just started to listen to her yesterday, and all my faves that have listed Björk as one of their influences, I can definitely see a resemblance and hoe strong her influence is. She really is great. Currently listening to her greatest hits + Biophilia to begin, I've watched some music videos as well.

Listen through Homogenic & Vespertine :)

H0bDaqU.gif

Her best albums are definitely Vespertine & Homogenic. Post is really good too. They're all solid, honestly. Volta & Medulla are probably the hardest to get into, but Volta is still a good album and Medulla is actually pretty amazing. My favorite Bjork songs are Cocoon, Desired Constellation, Sun In My Mouth, Unravel, Pagan Poetry, Joga, I See Who You Are, All Is Full of Love, etc. Honestly she has so many amazing & beautiful songs that those only scratch the surface.

14417469274.gif

Things about Bjork that I've been obsessed with tonight:

Her House is so fucking cute omfg :lmao:

hero_Bjorkhouse1.jpg

My new favorite video ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3mJTdGE79I

and The Pagan Poetry Music Video :smokes4:

hahah that isn't her actual home, you know. That image was born of a joke in 4um, Björk's official forum, when they were discussing how "Björk's house" would look like... And media took it seriously and some important sites started sharing it as the real thing hahahah

hahah that isn't her actual home, you know. That image was born of a joke in 4um, Björk's official forum, when they were discussing how "Björk's house" would look like... And media took it seriously and some important sites started sharing it as the real thing hahahah

aww, I was googling random stuff about her and it popped up lol, I was wondering where her lighthouse was :lmao:

:smokes: