Sitar

Lorde

explain urself 

okay so like, basically its about someone with depression and everyone keeps telling them it will get better and to look for the perfect places but they cant find anything to be happy about or perfect places so they go out to get drunk "are you lost enough, have another drink get lost with us" and numb them self. they drink and hookup with people etc. "All of the things we're taking" refers to them doing anything they can to try and distance them self from this internal conflict. "All of the heroes fading" refers to everyone whom they don't believe, telling them it will get better, being pushed away because of the denial and now they "cant stand to be alone". they eventually realize the perfect place would not to be alive anymore so they eventually "spill their guts" and "blow their brains out".

O9JYa_s-200x150.gif

okay so like, basically its about someone with depression and everyone keeps telling them it will get better and to look for the perfect places but they cant find anything to be happy about or perfect places so they go out to get drunk "are you lost enough, have another drink get lost with us" and numb them self. they drink and hookup with people etc. "All of the things we're taking" refers to them doing anything they can to try and distance them self from this internal conflict. "All of the heroes fading" refers to everyone whom they don't believe, telling them it will get better, being pushed away because of the denial and now they "cant stand to be alone". they eventually realize the perfect place would not to be alive anymore so they eventually "spill their guts" and "blow their brains out".

O9JYa_s-200x150.gif

OMG

Are "insiders" still a thing? Really? I thought they all died in 2012. Like... if you really were you wouldn't be posting shit because you know your job and reputation in the field would be destroyed, especially if something leaked and they traced it back to you. I'm sorry your parents don't love you, but you should invest that energy into something else if you're that desperate for attention. Chorus, dance, politics, and sex work are some great outlets, not grasping for any speck of attention us lanaboards losers can give you. 

That could be anything? It doesn't have Lorde's voice in it, and calling it 'Lorde - I'm nineteen and im on fire' doesn't make it a Lorde track. You could've gotten that from anywhere.

Try again.  :crossed:

After all he was right

I'm stanning this guy yall MaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gifMaUM9OM.gif

After listening to it a few times I have to say that I think it's a bit underwhelming. A pretty album closer but that's it. Shouldn't have been a promo-single.

i like it more than green light tbh 

i like it more than green light tbh 

Green Light was a big grower for me aswell, but I definitly prefer it. The build up, the emotional part it has while still being fun ...

Perfect Places is a pretty straightforward track with a lot of PH vibes, but there is nothing exciting about it. Especially the chorus is a bore in my opinion.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

As soon as Lorde sang "I'm 19 and I'm on fire" I WAS LIKE DAMN THAT LANABOARDS GUY WAS LEGIT @mysparrowblue he ain't no troll but thanks so much for trying to protect us all ily

But isn't it interesting how bland Lorde's beats sound until some other things are added to it like her vocals and Jack etc. And then those beats become the most absolute greatest thing.

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

As soon as Lorde sang "I'm 19 and I'm on fire" I WAS LIKE DAMN THAT LANABOARDS GUY WAS LEGIT @mysparrowblue he ain't no troll but thanks so much for trying to protect us all ily

But isn't it interesting how bland Lorde's beats sound until some other things are added to it like her vocals and Jack etc. And then those beats become the most absolute greatest thing.

Her beats are very minimalistic

But i'm not feeling this Jack Antonoff production..... everything he does sounds bland

Give us Homemade Dynamite

right? like, i don't wanna say im unappreciative of the new single but it isn't anything spectacular and i'm bored w/ it after a couple listens. give me bops :(

wjb0sky.gif

After my third listen I actually started to get a little emotional about this one! I think it'll be a nice summation of the record. It really reminds me of high school and college and everyone going out and getting wasted & avoiding their problems. Very youthful and relatable for a lot of teenagers! I like that it's very reflective. 

No closer will ever beat A World Alone though

Wow omg this is giving me such Pure Heroine vibes I love it!

I love the way that it blends into the ending with just the piano, it somehow merges perfectly and doesn't sound out of place.

So far for me, it's

Liability > Perfect Places > Green Light

although I love all of them.

I'm getting excited for the album now after all the live performances and now this song.