Sitar

Lorde

Grene Light 9/10 - Even though it had to grow on me, I think it's a great, fun song that still manages to feel meaningful and catch the break-up vibe.

Sober 10/10 - My favourite song on this album, it's a bit like green Light's slightly darker sister. The production is great, I love the drums and the trumpets, the layered vocals  and how the track keeps building up.

Homemade Dynamite 7/10 - It's an ok track, the beat and synths are nice, yet nothing that sticks out too much on the first listening.

The Louvre 7/10 - At the beginning I thought this was a pretty promising track, her vocals and the riff/buildup during the first verse are quite intriguing. But I just don't really like how this song turns out. Perhaps it will grow on me

Lieability 8/10 - It's a beautoful ballad with a nice lyrics. Grew on me, yet I still feel like it could have been more exciting with a few touch-ups.

Sober ll 9/10 - A great title-track with a slight Lana-vibe, I love the production (especially the pidgeon-sounds), the breakdown  and the way her vocals sound super emotional. However, the tracks feels a bit hectic compared to the live version, could have been longer.

Hard Feelings/ Loveless 7/10 - Hard Feelings feels pretty PH-ish, it's definitly interesting and time will tell how much I actually like it. Can't really decide after the first listen. The Loveless part is pretty cute, I like the beat.

Writer In The Dark 8/10 - Underrated track! I love her vocals during the verses. The build-up to the chorus feels a bit weak at the first moment, yet I think it was actually executed pretty good.

Supercut 7/10 - Feels like a pretty classic Lorde song. Not pushing the boundaries but I could see it growing on me.

Lieability (Reprise) 7/10 - If she actually took the lyrics, the beat and the delivery and made a proper song out of them, this could have been pretty good. But the way the track is, it feels a bit lackluster,, especially those auto-tuned samples. Still nice.

Perfect Places 6/10 - It has some nice moments, but generally this feels like the least exciting song. Her raw-vocals during the first verses and the Team-esque beat seem intriguing, yet I think the track gets pretty boring as soon as the first pre-chorus kicks in. Nice but far from being impressive or memorable.

Pretty sure that this is a grower-album. From the first listen, I actually really like the vibe this album has. The production is not as intriguing as this electro-wasteland-sound she had going on on PH, yet it seems much more diverse. For a lot of songs I think I just need to re-listen them more often, maybe when I'm in the right mood, to actually decide whether or not they are just nice or actually good

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I expected it to be less commercial (?), it's not timeless album. As soon as Pop music changes its sound, this album will be forgotten  :noparty:

Guess I had high expectations  :noparty:

IDK, every song sounds the same. There isn't ONE song that made me: "Oh wow, Lorde really did that!! Amazing" 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Why do I like the live version of Homemade Dynamite better than the studio version  :crossed:

Same with Sober 2. I feel like there needs to be more space between the lines ... it feels like they were glued together, which makes the track sound pretty hectic compared to the dramatic live version.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THE LOUVRE SOUNDS LIKE A TAYLOR SWIFT SONG

tumblr_o1wdtsRPQD1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

It doesn't? That wouldn't be a bad thing either. Poor you

the studio version of HD is so much better. that hip hop beat that comes in during the second half of Melodrama is so ugly and unnecessary. Supercut is like a watered down Green Light but it's still solid. Perfect places has immensely grown on me. It's like so relatable

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THE LOUVRE SOUNDS LIKE A TAYLOR SWIFT SONG

tumblr_o1wdtsRPQD1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Most of the album is a cheap impression of taylor's already cheap 1989. Liability is the only unique/standout track, and that song by itself is not a very impressive songwriting achievement. :headache:

And 1989 is already a cheap impression of Lana del Rey and avril lavigne mixed together with a poppier sound lmfao

I hope it's good it can't be as bad as 1989

1989 is excellent, much better than any Avril Lavigne album or Born 2 die btw.

love the transition to Loveless

stop talking about taylor swift, can't stand that rat

-

have only heard little snippets of all the tracks since i can't hear it in full because I'm in class but the album doesn't seem as great as Pure Heroine, hopefully I'm wrong

as much as I want to listen this album means so much to me that its probably going to be the first album I won't listen to the leak. the temptation is killing me but I want it to be an experience at like 11 pm tomorrow when iTunes sends it out