Sitar

Lorde

The Louvre sounds like an Avril Lavigne's song

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

YES. I heard PURE TALENT.

Production is great. Vocals are on point. Lyrics are some of the best on the record like this:

"I am my mother's child

I'll love you 'till my breathing stops

I'll love you 'till you call the cops on me

But in our darkest hours, I stumbled on a secret power

I'll find a way to be without you, babe"

ALSO, I love the brass/wind (??) instruments towards the end starting around 2:52 (they're pretty subtle)

okay so like, basically its about someone with depression and everyone keeps telling them it will get better and to look for the perfect places but they cant find anything to be happy about or perfect places so they go out to get drunk "are you lost enough, have another drink get lost with us" and numb them self. they drink and hookup with people etc. "All of the things we're taking" refers to them doing anything they can to try and distance them self from this internal conflict. "All of the heroes fading" refers to everyone whom they don't believe, telling them it will get better, being pushed away because of the denial and now they "cant stand to be alone". they eventually realize the perfect place would not to be alive anymore so they eventually "spill their guts" and "blow their brains out".

O9JYa_s-200x150.gif

still stands

My review:

Green Light 9/10 - wasnt a big fan until i heard for the 3rd time.

Sober 10/10 - this song is fyah. the syncopated vocal on the beginning is everything.

Homemade Dynamite 9/10 - its a great song. love how she describes a car crash in this song, love the beat. the studio version is a little weird for one, dont know why. probably heard the live version too much times :biblio:

The Louvre 8/10 - "broadcast the boom boom boom boom boom" love this line, but when she sings "A rush at the beginning, I get caught up, just for a minute" sounds FUCKING cheesy. her vocal melody on the background is great too. the guitar riff SCREAMS Bleachers

Liability 9/10 - great ballad. when this was released, wasnt expecting to hear a piano ballad from this album.

Hard Feelings 5/10 - the same beat of Royals but i'm not digging 

Loveless 7/10 - the beat is good but i'm not feeling it. 

Sober II 9/10 - the string quartet melody is amazing, but then that crappy trap beat comes in and.......... if you hear the song in good headphones, you can hear some "volcanic" beats, around 0:54 and another one in 0:58. if she kept both on the full track, it would be a 10 to me.

Writer In The Dark 3/10 - worst song on the entire album. god damn her vocals on this are TERRIBLE and the piano on this ................  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Supercut 5/10 - was expecting a fast song like Million Dollar Bills. its not bad but i'm not feeling it either. i'll probably be addicted to it in the next week

Liability Reprise 4/10 - what is the point of having this song on the album? it adds nothing to it

Perfect Places 1000000000000000/10 - wasnt feeling it either but NOW i think it should be the first single. GL didnt hit because people werent into her poppy stuff but i think if she released this one, it would be a massive hit. it got that contagious team spirit at its chorus. 

------

Overall i think its a weak album. And i'm really disappointed. Dont know why she scrapped Joel Little, he made her best tracks, even the poppy ones like MDB, Bravado. He knows how to direct melodies in a song. By the way, I afraid I say its a weak album and then i'll be hearing it on max volume on my phone next week.

Was expecting a more cohesive album than this one... I can't witness something I never saw in my life, but I think Jack fucked the entire production of this album.