Sitar

Lorde

wow, she's number one here in the UK. can't wait till PH comes out here, then i can listen to it legally! 

god, i am such a fan of her now. i never skip tracks on the album because they're all so damn good! 

4r9w86.jpg

There is this tricky lyric for me in "Tennis Court": Pretty soon I'll be getting on my first plane // I'll see the veins of my city like they do in [...]

I get so into it that I am always confidently chanting "Spain" at the end. :toofunny: Then I notice my mistake and awkwardly continue humming...  :eek:

There is this tricky lyric for me in "Tennis Court": Pretty soon I'll be getting on my first plane // I'll see the veins of my city like they do in space

FIFY  :scajo2:

EQFO7rX.png

Wow, I used to hate Lorde because she just didn't appeal to me and i thought she was ugly, but that phase has surpassed....

I LOVE LORDE NOW  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

Pure Heroine is heroin to my ears. I am so obsessed with it! Such a great album.

It's an album that is meant to be listened to on good headphones, which I have, and it's flawless. The album is perfectly pieced together.

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

"Buzzcut Season" - Single of the week in the UK. GO!

GQJBPgB.jpg

Yes at that cover

Yooo why doesn't Team have a video? Want her to drop it for BS but that's not very commercially sound...

lmfao

I actually feel like Glory & Gore, melodically, could be a better single choice than Team. idk I just don't like Team's chorus.

May as well list fave tracks:

Royals (lel such a bandwagoner)

Tennis Court

Glory & Gore

Ribs

400 Lux

A World Alone

Buzzcut Season

Still Sane

Team

White Teeth Teens (I never hear this one though so it might actually be better)

Pure Heroine is super cohesive, which I can appreciate. It manages to do so while keeping the tracks relatively distinct. Relatively - it's still easy to confuse one for another. I do like some of her lyrics, such as "make believe it's hyperreal, but I live in a hologram with you." Hyperreality is a concept in postmodernism and it's interesting that she'd choose that word. Makes me wonder how much she knows about post-modernism... I feel like a lot of her songs are about the disconnect between the world we see and the world we live in. Like the mythology feels more real than reality (very much an aspect of post-modernist philosophy!). Only she's not falling for it, of course. She's the only sane one left. Still, the concept is interesting and I'd like to look at her lyrics a little more closey in the future.

So I've gone from a "hater" (I never hated her, just found her and her fans kind of obnoxious and her music overrated) to... idk, a chiller? A casual fan, I guess. I can appreciate her and her music much more once I detach her from the hype. Hype kills so many things. But now I can say I like her music, which is nice, more stuff I can listen to.