Sitar

Lana announced upcoming videos for Body Electric, Gods & Monsters, and Bel Air

If you're referring to my post i need to tell you that i was being ironic...

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular hence 'we' meaning including myself....

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

This is a bit off topic, but... For some reason, when I listen to those three songs I picture colors in my head. One day, I decided to go Photoshop and select the exact colors I was seeing. This is it:

COLORS.jpg

The green is G&M, the dark blue is Body Electric, and the light is Bel Air. Surprisingly, they go together quite well. It's just a coincidence that I think that both the songs and colors go well together. Maybe I'm just crazy. I'm probably just crazy.

Are you sure your brain is not just doing: Gods and Monsters = Green, Body Electric = (dark) Blue, Bel Air = (light) Blue? And Body Electric is a "dark" song, while Bel Air is "airy" sounding, i.e. light/sky blue. And G&M mentions a garden, which = green. 

Not that there's anything wrong with that! 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

sigh - if this does happen, it sucks she probably won't use a version of body electric like the live ones before paradise - I could totally see lana dancing around a la baby jane in an old Hollywood mansion like Norma Desmond's, in b&w. gonna keep dreaming.

Guest Dot

Are you sure your brain is not just doing: Gods and Monsters = Green, Body Electric = (dark) Blue, Bel Air = (light) Blue? And Body Electric is a "dark" song, while Bel Air is "airy" sounding, i.e. light/sky blue. And G&M mentions a garden, which = green. 

That's probably one of the smartest comments I've read in a long time! You should become some kind of Psychologist tbh.

Why can't she just film a movie consisting of all of the songs from BTD/Pardaise? Then dye her hair blonde again and film another movie for all the tracks from AKA after she reworked them and then release her new album and do the same thing again...

Very creative! Why not? Good idea. Someone now has to tell Lana!!! :flutter:

Guest Dot

Very creative! Why not? Good idea. Someone now has to tell Lana!!! :flutter:

"TROPICO" and "LAVENDER"

Guest Dot

No clue actually! But I like the 'transition' idea I heard around here. Going from Gods & Monsters to Body Electric to Bel Air. 

But it will be beautiful, no doubt :agree:

I'm pretty sure Gods & Monsters is somehow going to follow the "Carmen" story and Body Electric might be her as a Gogo Dancer/Singer. Bel Air will be her "soft resurrection"...all in all it deal with the transformation from Lizzy Grant to Lana Del Rey...

Probably not, but that's what I thought could work...

:smokes3:

I'm pretty sure Gods & Monsters is somehow going to follow the "Carmen" story and Body Electric might be her as a Gogo Dancer/Singer. Bel Air will be her "soft resurrection"...all in all it deal with the transformation from Lizzy Grant to Lana Del Rey...

Probably not, but that's what I thought could work...

:smokes3:

This.

I like this. :dmd:

I don't know, I guess that could be what I'm doing, but I also see other colors for different songs that don't follow that rule. But yeah, that's quite possible!

Guest Dot

I don't know, I guess that could be what I'm doing, but I also see other colors for different songs that don't follow that rule. But yeah, that's quite possible!

I think our brain associates all kinds of perceptions with different feelings. There are warm colours (orange, red), cold colours (green, blue) and neutral colours (yellow, violett). So if we think of a feeling that we got from listening to a song or other kinds of music our brain atomatically associates it with another sense, which would be the sense of vision, eventhough we don't see anything we think of something we have already seen. So this is basically why music can actually take us to another place (in time) or remind us of something we've seen or felt.

Example:

When I listen to "Radio" I always get that warm and summery kind of feeling, so yellow-orange-gold-red are what I associate with this song, because those are warm/summery colours. Bel Air, does the opposite I get a breezy, somehow cold, but pleasant feel from it, which is why I associate it with the colours white, light blue and silver.

That's a good idea for a thread imo. Posting what we imagine in our minds as the colours and scenes of Lana's songs, unless the "Design a Lana video" (I think?) thread covers that also?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Guest Dot

That's a good idea for a thread imo. Posting what we imagine in our minds as the colours and scenes of Lana's songs, unless the "Design a Lana video" (I think?) thread covers that also?

That's an amazing idea! Might be that the video thread covers that too, but I think we should give it a try! The video thread talks about storylines and elaborate scenes, while the other thread would be about "Things we associate with several Lana songs"