sweetlana

Lana Del Rey Interviewed By Electronics Beats Magazine

Well, I don't have a problem with this interview. Glad to hear that the new material sounds more like Paradise. Honestly, before Paradise came out I was more drawn to her because of her leaked material which was in some cases better than a good half of BTD. 

Of course she will have to release an album very soon, I predict within the next 6-7 months. Bitch is on a major label. She had one of the biggest selling records last year that is still selling. They don't allow her to stay away for too long. It's not that she can choose.

AND WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK???? SHE HAS PLAYED NEW MUSIC TO THE INTERVIEWER???? DETAILS, PLZ????

that's a good point actually, she has just been on a super long tour and she is probably exhausted and probably not feeling very well, and she's not had an american interview in ages and also, while the questions were interesting, 'you think you're a gypsy?' does sound rather rude. and maybe lana's answers come across as more rude on a text, we don't know what her tone was when she was saying these things, she's usually very light-hearted when she talks so i don't think it was her intention to be rude.

4r9w86.jpg

:D perfect haha

Yea, I agree, it has a lot to do with her taking criticism like a personal attack and wanting to be liked by everyone. Which is a shame, because she's such a smart and deep-thinking person that she should know better. She makes me a bit sad sometimes with interviews like this, just because there seems to be a lot of internal struggle and thinking over and over again about pointless things (press saying untrue shit about her? yeah, that's unheard of)  that she consumes herself over, then tries to put up fronts, then to justify herself. I wish she'd have a 'I don't care attitude' but it's quite the opposite, she seems to care too much. 

She did say that  :pft: 'I don't care why they like me as long as they like me, I just like it when it's easy' something like that   

edit: http://missamerica-cause-i-am.tumblr.com/post/39702842021/aw-sweetheart does anyone know what interview is it in? (don't think I heard her say it, can't remember) would be nice to be a fake gifset or something but idk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3224525245356

I love how the interviewer actually tried to dig a little deeper with the political questions. Her answers were still vague (like the health care question) but it's still one of the most outspoken interviews she has given to this date. Like what she said about sex scandals in the Church:

"It’s hard to see other people’s bad choices ruin the mysticism that can come from inside the walls of a church. It’s unfortunate. I don’t really understand why certain groups of people are drawn to that profession. I was talking to my mom about that."

I think it explains a lot about her faith somehow. 

Idk about her attitude though, it's not like it's the first time she come across as a little defensive, even playing the victim quite a bit. I thought the same thing about the Fashion Magazine and as many here has already pointed out, it probably has a lot to do with her love of being loved + the extraordinary backlash she recieved back in the days.

I think her whole "misunderstood artist, u guyz" vibe is quite dramatic and tacky, but then again those are the qualities that make me love her so much, so I'm good :hoe:

I am in agreement with those who think this is an annoying, defensive, evasive, whiny interview. What bothers me though is not so much her “attitude” but how juvenile she can be.  

Also, she seems to not really understand a lot of concepts and things that she’s asked about. For example, i don’t think she really knows what it means to be anti-feminist. I have never read anything from her about art, politics, or philosophy that gave me the impression she had anything to say on the matter. I wonder if she is as much of a simpleton/anti-intellectual/philistine, etc. as she comes across in interviews or if it’s an act. That’s not something i hold against her, i’m just making an observation (through my biased lens obviously). I still wonder if she has some sort of “personality disorder” (which i've wondered pretty much since day 1, so that is not something i'm drawing up because she was a bit erratic in this interview) or if she’s on a lot of antidepressants.

At any rate, i have a hard time finding anything engaging or interesting in her interviews. The more of them that i read/watch, the more i see her fitting into this pattern i’ve noticed in my life where the people whose music i really love are the ones who i’m least interested in as people (do any of you experience this too?), which is one reason why i have no interest in meeting any artists whose music i follow. BUT...this is also, i think, another testament to the potency of music, that it can allow me to take an interest in the lives of people who i’d otherwise have little to no interest in. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Also, she seems to not really understand a lot of concepts and things that she’s asked about. For example, i don’t think she really knows what it means to be anti-feminist. I have never read anything from her about art, politics, or philosophy that gave me the impression she had anything to say on the matter. I wonder if she is as much of a simpleton/anti-intellectual/philistine, etc. as she comes across in interviews or if it’s an act. That’s not something i hold against her, i’m just making an observation (through my biased lens obviously). I still wonder if she has some sort of “personality disorder” (which i've wondered pretty much since day 1, so that is not something i'm drawing up because she was a bit erratic in this interview) or if she’s on a lot of antidepressants.

You said it very well. 

I don't think it's that she's stupid or playing a role as such, but more the fact that her mind works in the least academic way possible. Taking a step back, logically examinating facts and drawing a conclusion is just not the way she examines the world. Everything in Lanas world revolves around Lana, to the point that she can't make a statement about health care reforms without pointing back to herself and how she feels. In short she's good at talking about how she feels, senses and experiences the world through her filter = artist. A lot of artists talk bull when it comes to concrete, real world issues. Not because they don't care or are simple, but because they are way better at expressing how they feel.   

I feel that the interviewer was pretty irrelevant when it came to the choice of questions. I understand that it's her job to get information out of Lana but for "Electronic Beats" magazine, is Lana's stance on politics and feminism really that important to know?

"To me, [Ride] felt so ‘wrong’ on so many levels"

"Do you have opinions on healthcare reform or . . ."

"And what do you think of the Church sex scandals"

I mean she's just completed a tour, been featured in Gatsby and she even played her new songs from her laptop (she wouldn't do that for anyone) and the interviewer didn't touch on any of those things (only a little for the new record but not merely enough). We know that Lana keeps her background to herself so all of this isn't new information to us. The interviewer was an idiot and Lana probably felt either really uncomfortable or put off. The tone of the conversation was pretty shit. Lana was finishing off the interviewer's questions because she probably wanted to get the hell outta there.

Fashion magazines talk about fashion and music magazines talk about music. Where would be an appropriate place to talk about Lana's past? Well, that's for Lana to decide and if she starts answering with simple yeses and nos then that's a cue to stop asking weirdass questions.

I still just wanna to hug her. She needs some major rest time.

About the America stuff . . . I'm American and I am not offended by her comments. Yes, she may not be currently living here, but she is still American, so she's just talking smack about her own country. On a smaller scale it's like the same thing with high school. I bet most people here have horrible things to say about your high school, and the people that went to it with you. Now that you have moved on from it (or maybe still are in it), it's not like you have people shunning you for those widely thought opinions. :mj2: Make sense?

Also-

:crocker: :crocker: :crocker: :crocker: :crocker: LEAVE LANA ALONE :crocker: :crocker: :crocker: :crocker: :crocker:

2dt29zc.jpg

Lol @ everyone telling her how she needs to be. She can say and act as she pleases, she doesn't owe anyone here shit, she's not your best friend.

Of course she will have to release an album very soon, I predict within the next 6-7 months. Bitch is on a major label. She had one of the biggest selling records last year that is still selling. They don't allow her to stay away for too long. It's not that she can choose.

If we get anything it will be next year i'm guessing.

I don't think from this you could presume she has a personality disorder. Whilst facts don't add up in what she's saying I think it's more to do with her speaking in very vague terms about everything. IDK

At any rate, i have a hard time finding anything engaging or interesting in her interviews. The more of them that i read/watch, the more i see her fitting into this pattern i’ve noticed in my life where the people whose music i really love are the ones who i’m least interested in as people (do any of you experience this too?), 

I totally agree with this. I think it is juvenile of me to say this, but I find it hard to like actors/ singers etc. when I find out I don't agree w/ their views etc etc. But that is me being juvenile. 

(So with LDR who I fan girl over more than anybody else I do not get too attached / affected by what she says because I like her music and that's why I should like her, not because of her 'bad girl life' or whatever.......) 

I guess, what I get from Lana is that she is just about the music. Ultimately, she doesn't really care about people knowing too much about her (I'd be the same, I know.) I think that's why she gives such differing interviews all the time (...and also because she has just finished her tour)

Edited by dietpepsicola

Lana comes across as someone who has no interest in being perceived a certain way in her private life. She's all about the music and image that is "Lana Del Rey" the singer, outside of that i honestly think she rolls her eyes and says whatever she wants based on her mood and time of month. Maybe that comes from the fact that media got so personal with her when they attacked her, or maybe she just doesn't give a fuck, but fans tend to feel connections to their idols and expect them to be like their best friends in high school ect. I don't really, she could give an interview and tell us all that she is infact from another planet and enjoys eating human babies and i'd still buy her album if it was well made, which initially what we are all here for isn't it, the music. Her personality or how she conducts herself should always come second to that, at least it does to me. I don't need to want to hang out with her to be a fan.

I dont have any opinion about this. I dont personally know her and I cant say anything bad about her person just based on some media.

The only thing Im worried about that the next album sounds exactly the same as Paradise.

"I was just fucking around aroung with that journalist" ? It seems like she has forgotten her beginnings on music reviews back on 2011 summer. Lana was enjoying that recognition back in the time and now she just acts like if she could had been noticed without that press.

2wn4whw.png

"I was just fucking around aroung with that journalist" ? It seems like she has forgotten her beginnings on music reviews back on 2011 summer. Lana was enjoying  that recognition back in the time and now she just acts like if she could had been noticed without that press.

She could just foreknow it. Your dad is multimillionaire, you created whole new persona when the previous one flopped and you bombed on big SNL. It was almost certain american media will go after her. 

I feel like writing a lot about this, but it's really late and I'm extremely tired so I'll just keep it very short for now.

I love that Lana is so human. She can sometimes be strange and awkward, and she cares far too much about what people think about her. But given that she (and I think we all can agree on this) in essence seems like a really kind, warm and loving human being, these "weaknesses" are very harmless and actually just make her more interesting . This, combined with the fact that she makes amazing music, is all I need to know to really like her as a person. Reading some random interview won't change that.

I don't think the interview was necessary bad. I just think she wanted to get some things across. & This is common with anyone of us. Especially on a daily basis. Like how many of us actually don't express views that people don't agree with ? From America to music, im sure we all have opinions that would sit well with each other if we had a conversation lol. Honestly to me, this interview has helped me to look at her from an even deeper perspective. & I dont blame her for feeling some kind of what about the blogs, critics, & times we're living. When youve come along way, and are finally getting you're just due in whatever you do, theres going to be heavy criticism. & Especially from people who are looking from the outside in. Shes misunderstood. I think if we all had the opportunity to get to know her personally, things would be different

"It’s hard to see other people’s bad choices ruin the mysticism that can come from inside the walls of a church. It’s unfortunate. I don’t really understand why certain groups of people are drawn to that profession. I was talking to my mom about that."

I think it explains a lot about her faith somehow. 

may i ask what this explained to you? it seemed cryptic as fuck to me, maybe its just cause im tired. but enlighten me please!