rubytuesday

Bonnie McKee

so the album is called Hot City !

MCKEE’S COMEBACK ALBUM Hot City takes place in an imaginary, retro-futuristic city, a world with an “Eighties-Miami, expensive prostitute vibe” that lives in McKee’s head. Several songs have leaked over the years: “Forever 21” is one fan favorite. It was inspired by a so-called friend who stole her credit card and charged thousands of dollars at the clothing store early in her career. “The track might seem like an innocent pop song but it has a dark underbelly,” she says. Other tracks include “Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend,” a conceptual play off Rick Springfield’s “Jessie’s Girl,” in which she sings about fantasizing about stealing her friend’s flirty boyfriend. (“It’s not about actually going for it, okay!”) 

And there’s the revamped, “sexually frustrated brat” pop song, “I Wanna ******* Call You,” which McKee wrote about a summer fling she had with an unnamed celebrity. “A couple of songs were inspired by him,” she says with a smirk. “It was a very lusty five seconds of summer type of situation.” There’s also “Snatched,” the only fully new song on the album, which she wrote with the drag community in mind. “Yeah I came to serve/Did I strike a nerve?” she sings on the ballroom-esque track. 

giphy.gif

On 6/28/2023 at 11:50 PM, TrashMagiq said:

Haven't kept up with her in a long while. Does anyone have an unreleased tracker? (not necessarily with download links, just info about the years etc)

I have this spreadsheet with info I've gathered through the years, though there must be some songs I haven't included yet.

Bonnie McKee Tracker

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I do like slay, though the minor changes really made a huge difference in the song to where i paid for the song and saved it but i don't think ill be streaming it. I very much prefer the old version. I'm weary about the rest of the project now. I've learned to grow out of my ass kissing stan perspective and agree with everyone else. It's great the stans are loving it but i don't see it doing well with the gp in this form. thankfully she's comfortable enough to accept that and just have fun with her music finally. That's all i ever really wanted for her.

8 minutes ago, cj1995 said:

Do we know when the album is coming?

It's speculated to come out in September - and I think it's realistic. Maybe a single in August, but no confirmation yet.

28 minutes ago, cj1995 said:

Hot City out this Friday! :party:

FINALLY! Hopefully the album is formally announced afterwards. She's hinted that the album is titled Hot City too so I guess it would make sense if she announces it with release date or pre-order upon the title track single release? Fingers crossed

The album is for sure called hot city. It’s not a hint. On her live yesterday she said she’s making vinyl for the “hot city album” & very limited “bombastic ep” vinyl.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:29 PM, 301 said:

The album is for sure called hot city. It’s not a hint. On her live yesterday she said she’s making vinyl for the “hot city album” & very limited “bombastic ep” vinyl.

Yeah, she also confirmed that in a recent interview or something and called it Hot City so it's pretty much confirmed!

2 hours ago, cyanide kisses said:

praying rewind your heart makes it onto this album

She said it made the cut in her TikTok comments. Here's a list of the confirmed ones so far:

Spoiler

Don't Get Mad, Get Famous
Everything But You
Forever 21
Hot City
I Wanna Fucking Call You
Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
Rewind Your Heart
SLAY
Snatched

And a few that she said she was considering, but weren't confirmed to have made it:
Soundtrack to the End
Just a Kiss

She's also said all of these next set are scrapped for various reasons:

Spoiler

American Girl
Hit Me Up
Right Now
Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
Waking Up Diagonal
Wild Card

2 hours ago, Beauty King said:

Hide contents

American Girl
Hit Me Up
Right Now
Waking Up Diagonal
Wild Card

Yup. American Girl is already released so Epic wouldn't grant her the rights to distribute it.

Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt was scheduled for release and Epic holds the distribution rights so probably they won't grant her the rights for this one either, although she said she wanted this one. Sadly it's very very unlikely to happen.

Both Hit Me Up and Waking Up Diagonal were given to other artists and released years ago so I don't think Bonnie would get to release her versions, not even re-recorded.

Wild Card I'm not sure why it was scrapped but it's very meh, so it's fine.

Right Now involves Max Martin, who's very expensive to work with so maybe it's that - and also Puke's involvement in the track. PS Everything But You has two versions, one with Max Martin (for which both demo and final leaked), and an earlier version without him so maybe she'll use the one without Max Martin.

Do we know if Rewind Your Heart will be on the album? Idc about what other songs she includes I trust her judgement I just neeeed her to put Rewind Your Heart on it. Her best song truly like that's a classic went nr1 on the trashmagiq charts for 23 weeks. 

On 8/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, cyanide kisses said:

praying rewind your heart makes it onto this album

On 8/14/2023 at 7:19 PM, Beauty King said:

She said it made the cut in her TikTok comments. Here's a list of the confirmed ones so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't Get Mad, Get Famous
Everything But You
Forever 21
Hot City
I Wanna Fucking Call You
Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
Rewind Your Heart
SLAY
Snatched

And a few that she said she was considering, but weren't confirmed to have made it:
Soundtrack to the End
Just a Kiss

Reveal hidden contents

American Girl
Hit Me Up
Right Now
Waking Up Diagonal
Wild Card

not me seeing this right after I posted I rlly just had to scroll up a little bit to get my question answered :toofunny:
I won!

qfrWuBl.png