Sitar

So Legit

to all the people dragging me cos i hate lady gaga:

do you know what pretentious means?

lana doesn't claim to be the artist of the generation, or releasing albums of the generation either, she's just an artist, who makes art, who always did want to make art, her music is the same now as her demos just with better production. Gaga's music has gone generic as so that she can get into the charts, something i'm glad lana hasn't tried to do, she's one of the more different sounding artists out there (NOT electropop).

on the sellout comment:

lana didn't sell out, like i said her music is the same as in her demo's but with better production because of her fame level now and who she gets to work with. changing how you look isn't selling out, i didn't mention how lady gaga looks once, all i did was talk about her fashion which was non-existant until laurie ann gibson decided to try and model her after madonna.

i haven't mentioned lady gaga fans anywhere so...i don't know why you're all saying all lana fans and gaga fans can't get on now, it's only the ones who accept an artist/singer as the Messiah that i can't talk to, it's delusion, she's a re-hash of everything that happened in the 80's :/

yall mad

g6.gif

be careful local mods are little monsters. they could ban u in a minute just because u smile badly at gaga. I hope they ban negative comments  towards Lana on GagaDaily too.

funny-gif-collection-12-11.gif

to all the people dragging me cos i hate lady gaga:

do you know what pretentious means?

lana doesn't claim to be the artist of the generation, or releasing albums of the generation either, she's just an artist, who makes art, who always did want to make art, her music is the same now as her demos just with better production. Gaga's music has gone generic as so that she can get into the charts, something i'm glad lana hasn't tried to do, she's one of the more different sounding artists out there (NOT electropop).

on the sellout comment:

lana didn't sell out, like i said her music is the same as in her demo's but with better production because of her fame level now and who she gets to work with. changing how you look isn't selling out, i didn't mention how lady gaga looks once, all i did was talk about her fashion which was non-existant until laurie ann gibson decided to try and model her after madonna.

i haven't mentioned lady gaga fans anywhere so...i don't know why you're all saying all lana fans and gaga fans can't get on now, it's only the ones who accept an artist/singer as the Messiah that i can't talk to, it's delusion, she's a re-hash of everything that happened in the 80's :/

so true

39dc8d25.gif

be careful local mods are little monsters. they could ban u in a minute just because u smile badly at gaga. I hope they ban negative comments  towards Lana on GagaDaily too.

Ugh stfu you little subhuman this board has already popped off on Lady Gaga before and it's tired as fuck. Your incessant insults and off-topic posts are punishable, not your stale two-cent opinion on a singer. Be less bothered and for the last time stop.

Ugh stfu you little subhuman this board has already popped off on Lady Gaga before and it's tired as fuck. Your incessant insults and off-topic posts are punishable, not your stale two-cent opinion on a singer. Be less bothered and for the last time stop.

Im subhuman now :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: My comment wasnt so serious, gosh. Can we just take it easy and make fun of it ? cause its not life-threating... Gretchen agrees with me

gif-gretchen.gif

Im subhuman now :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: My comment wasnt so serious, gosh. Can we just take it easy and make fun of it ? cause its not life-threating... Gretchen agrees with me

gif-gretchen.gif

That sounds like SO much fun, but this is actually the "So Legit" thread :aw:

That sounds like SO much fun, but this is actually the "So Legit" thread -keep it in your mind

please, I have so much fun right now with your offences towards my person.

tumblr_mbd5iyN2E21r4bvruo1_400.gif

The song itself is not too great when compared to others of similar style (Disco, Elvis), imo. There are lots of basic questions. Was Rebecca (who shared Maha Maha,and others), the first person to give away the subject matter of the song? The only thing I heard about Gaga dissing before was in something like Lizzy's twitter. Is everybody happy with the date of this song being about 4 years ago? Does the Williamsburg concert and a coke commercial reference coincide with the dating? Stuff like that could have better discussion from the LMs. The lyrics of the song are cryptic ("You’re hurt, I know my words don’t hurt, yeah"; "I see you walking 'round in your pearls").   

I agree with @@TrailerParkDarling that it is ultimately flattering to write a song about another artist, although (as Rebbeca pointed out on her blog)  it is as much about a kind of jealousy (or perplexity?) of LDR's as it is about Gaga. LDR can't be said to dislike Gaga's methods because she uses them (in her own way). As for their music, I would rather LDR be able to write a Gaga-esque song/video and vice versa, without fans getting upset for them being like each other or for busting out of their supposed musical niche. The timing of this leak is intentional, so if you don't mind being manipulated by God knows who, you can let your opinion of either artist change post leak. 

Little monsters indeed, the things they've been coming out with! Please  :judgingu: just stop embarrassing yourselves LM. 

Guess this means no collab!

:kris:

lH7Zs6V.gif      

The fact that this turned into a Gaga bashing thread just shows how some Lana fans are just acting the exact same ways those "annoying little monsters" are acting. A little hypocritical, no?

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Of course Lana was jealous at that time ( four years ago ), having worked her ass off in bars etc.without commercial success.We all know that Lana can be a bitch sometimes, that's why we love her.She's not an ordinary woman.To Sitar Hero: in my short time on this forum I've come to admire your intelligent views of things. Please, keep above the hate/insults it's not befitting you.

The song itself is not too great when compared to others of similar style (Disco, Elvis), imo. There are lots of basic questions. Was Rebecca (who shared Maha Maha,and others), the first person to give away the subject matter of the song? The only thing I heard about Gaga dissing before was in something like Lizzy's twitter. Is everybody happy with the date of this song being about 4 years ago? Does the Williamsburg concert and a coke commercial reference coincide with the dating? Stuff like that could have better discussion from the LMs. The lyrics of the song are cryptic ("You’re hurt, I know my words don’t hurt, yeah"; "I see you walking 'round in your pearls").   

I agree with @@TrailerParkDarling that it is ultimately flattering to write a song about another artist, although (as Rebbeca pointed out on her blog)  it is as much about a kind of jealousy (or perplexity?) of LDR's as it is about Gaga. LDR can't be said to dislike Gaga's methods because she uses them (in her own way). As for their music, I would rather LDR be able to write a Gaga-esque song/video and vice versa, without fans getting upset for them being like each other or for busting out of their supposed musical niche. The timing of this leak is intentional, so if you don't mind being manipulated by God knows who, you can let your opinion of either artist change post leak. 

You know how some people get angry and they write a letter and then they don't mail it just to get their emotions out? I think that Lana wrote songs instead of doing that, like as a way to release the negative energy.  I don't know that she was really "mad" at Gaga, I just think she was an easy target.  It seems like Lana had been working to be famous for a while. She had been on the scene with a shelved album and then all of a sudden Stefani blows up.  They had a lot of similarities, namely Bob Leone, who it seems like spent most of his time and energy on Stefani.  Lana was still playing in little bars when she heard Gaga on the radio. Maybe Lana felt like Gaga hadn't paid her dues or really earned it, or Lizzy felt like she deserved it more because she had more talent or something.  It does seem like a case of envy/ sad realization that her dream may not come into fruition..at least not the way she wants it to. I think of it sort of as a ~ Why doesn't everybody like me?~ song.  And it does seem to be the point where she 'sells out' and decides to try a different style of music and even create a new name "Lana Del Rey", as Gaga did. She realized she might not be able to make it as Lizzy Grant and as her ~legit~ self.  It certainly fits the time line. I really like this song, it's so sad and desperate. What'd God give me a plan for? He never helps me do it. | Sold my soul long ago, nothing left to choose. I'm tired of singing the blues. | How the fuck would you go switch it up and then replace me? I don’t get it, I’m so legit

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

The fact that this turned into a Gaga bashing thread just shows how some Lana fans are just acting the exact same ways those "annoying little monsters" are acting. A little hypocritical, no?

i never liked gaga in the first place, and them little bitches are talking shit about lana JUST because of this song

so no

My thoughts on the matter, even though it's been talked about to death:

Being bitter about someone's success is never a good look. While it's understandable that Lizzy may have been frustrated about her own stagnant career and most likely wrote this song in a sort of therapeutic attempt to get these feelings out, I sincerely doubt that this was the extent of her reasons for penning this, like @@TrailerParkDarling claims. I think she was specifically mad at Gaga, the pettiness of the lyrics coupled with the argument with Arthur over her gives me this gut feeling tells me otherwise. Girl was PRESSED

I'm not a Gaga fan -- I don't mind her though -- but I really don't like this song because of the nature of its lyrics and I'd rather I never heard it. (Granted, it was never supposed to be heard anyway). It's too petty a song for me to enjoy. 

As for the Gaga-Lana comparisons, @@SitarHero did a really good job of shutting down the poorly-thought ~criticism~ of Gaga. It was laughable that those comparisons were even made! I don't know too much about Lady Gaga (Sitar can attest to this, seeing as I can't even pronounce her name properly  :creep:) but I always had the impression that despite the seemingly "huge ego", i.e., pretentiousness, being  ~avant garde~, Born this Way being the album of the decade, etc, that for the most part, these are calculated acts and I think Gaga possesses a lot more self-awareness than she is given credit for. I don't think Gaga thinks that she's the be-all and end-all of pop music. She's far more self-aware and intelligent to truly think that, but in the same vein as @'s speculation: it's a part of a marketing strategy, whether intentional or not: if you call yourself x or y enough times, your fans, and in turn, the media, picks up on it. I don't know if any of you follow Beyonce's career, but she has the words "(future) legend" following her in the media, and why? Her team purposely marketed her as A LEGEND. So while Beyonce is a now undisputedly a ~legend~ in the media, Gaga is ~the saviour of pop music~ and all sorts of other huge titles. It's cool and I respect that. I don't think Gaga herself honestly buys into huge hype surrounding her, but rather feeds the machine because it gets attention and sales. I don't think she really, truly believes a lot of the outlandish statements she makes, where as I read Lana saying something like this:

“These people don’t actually care about music and art. They want to be cool.” I never met anyone who cared about music as deeply as me and my boyfriend, or who really cared about poetry—who really lived it and breathed it. I haven’t met anyone so far. I just can’t affiliate with those people.

and I think she 100% believes it. Gaga might say something akin to that but it's a part of an act she's too smart to believe or buy into.

TL;DR: Lana thinks she's this special snowflake poet but appears to be more grounded due to a more restrained attitude with the media, Gaga talks herself up like she's a God of Pop Music but possesses the self-awareness to realize that in essence, she's just another artist turning the gears in the media/music-industry machine. (And why not do it under the guise of pretentiousness and a larger-than-life-ego?) I wouldn't take each artist at face value. Feel free to disagree.

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…