TMCBryan

Evanescence

Ok seriously Blind Belief might be in their top 10 songs.

Far from Heaven makes me feel really emotional because it's got that power that feeling that Amy's solo work has. It reminds me of her Sally's Song cover. 

And I can't get enough of the electronic sounds in Artifact

On 3/28/2021 at 4:52 AM, FFXSoul91 said:

I really love the album. My only grievance is the mixing because everything is so loud and there aren’t enough dynamics. The songs are great though and Amy’s sass really shines.

Agreed with the mixing. Amy's voice is often too quiet. I don't understand.

I was a huge Evanescence stan back in the day, fallen and the open door are both glorious albums. The self titled was half good and half ünmemorable. 

I listened to the whole bitter truth album today and while it’s not gonna change my life and make me a newly rejuvenated stan, it was enjoyable. The singles did NOT have me terribly excited because I thought they were varying shades of blah, but the non single album tracks are much better. 

14 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

I was a huge Evanescence stan back in the day, fallen and the open door are both glorious albums. The self titled was half good and half ünmemorable. 

I listened to the whole bitter truth album today and while it’s not gonna change my life and make me a newly rejuvenated stan, it was enjoyable. The singles did NOT have me terribly excited because I thought they were varying shades of blah, but the non single album tracks are much better. 

Pretty much :')

How did you feel about Synthesis btw, reimagining their older songs?

this album was so disappointing to me, and i have an Evanescence tattoo

Amy's vocals and the album in general sounds so poorly mixed

and i genuinely did not like the album, except for Wasted On You and Take Cover (i heard that song live back in 2016 so obv i loved it)

The Bitter Truth was missing that special something that made me fall in love with the band

negAbhB.png

6 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I really like synthesis! The songs like lithium are beautiful 

17 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I really enjoyed it! I don’t have too many deep opinions on it but I love all those songs and I thought the new versions were very nice. I really liked the new version of never go back because it never really struck me on its original album. It definitely resparked my desire to revisit those first two records. 

lost whispers is one of my favorite things they put out because I used to listen to all those b sides on YouTube so much when I was a youngun. 

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I hate to say it but the only songs I've come back to on this album are Artifact/The Turn + Broken Pieces Shine. I am a sucker for transitions so I think that plays a big part. 

I agree with you. 

It's sad because the album is good (the mixing is quite bad tho) but there's something that stops me from listening to it non stop just like their first two big label albums 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I agree with you. 

It's sad because the album is good (the mixing is quite bad tho) but there's something that stops me from listening to it non stop just like their first two big label albums 

Yeah! Even the self titled album had massive replay value to me. The instrumentals are really powerful, not in the epic way that Fallen and TOD had, but it's got a great energy. TBT feels like it's missing something, despite all the songs being "good". It's strange. I also think the mixing is bad :/

as far as I know (reddit mainly and YouTube comments) it seems a lot of fans think so too. 

the vinyl box sets have been delayed a week

Dear Evanescence Fans, 

Our team was made aware that delivery for the Fallen super deluxe box set and cassette players have been delayed a week, due to various production factors including local weather conditions affecting transit. 

We’re sorry for any inconvenience or understandable disappointment and hope to have your order shipped by March 1. In the meantime, here’s a sneak peek at the final box set package… 

Our apologies again for the delay,

Evanescence Store Team