lola

Taylor Swift

I don’t know if it’s enough to block Billie but hey, we’re getting fed! :party:

Disclaimer: I do want her to block Billie, I just think that was the goal

Just now, Aeryx said:

I don’t know if it’s enough to block Billie but hey, we’re getting fed! :party:

Well there's also like 20,000 signed CDs to ship and the version of the CD with the acoustic But Daddy I Love Him. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship them all during the next week. (it said they ship May 31 but the Fortnight single also said that and I got mine like a week ago so the date was meaningless, they could ship whenever)

Guys I just relistened to OG Red on my old iPod, and wow that album is just so perfect. Specifically the 2012 version. It’s such a time capsule of that era in time I think. And the way I listen to it and think about how drastically different it is in terms of maturity, sound and visuals from her 3 albums before it. It breaks my heart, it’s such a devastating album and will always be Taylor’s peak for me no matter what she releases in the future. Red genuinely feels like the album that Taylor Swift was put on this earth to make, like her mission statement to me. Damn. And the OG Treacherous demo and State of Grace acoustic. My heart actually hurts so bad right now this album still devastates me even after all these years

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Just now, rosemead ramada said:

Well there's also like 20,000 signed CDs to ship and the version of the CD with the acoustic But Daddy I Love Him. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship them all during the next week. (it said they ship May 31 but the Fortnight single also said that and I got mine like a week ago so the date was meaningless, they could ship whenever)

I think someone on twitter did the calculation and said she’s currently at 250k pure sales, so 👀

I think she’s just trying to keep stable in the top 3 tho. I doubt she has that much of a grudge over Billie and the variant thing?

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

mischievous-smile.gif

I mean there are blind items of Billie being very rude to/about Taylor but I rarely believe them but this…this is…

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

I mean there are blind items of Billie being very rude to/about Taylor but I rarely believe them but this…this is…

a Power move.

I mean it’s not* like she’s attacking her, Taylor is just trying to sell her album…

:sluttybunny:

IMG-3521.jpg

16 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

ahahhaha these digital albums with the phone memos

they’re digital so they’re eco friendly :wubna:

1 minute ago, Mer said:

And that’s another thing, Recycled vinyl generally sounds worse - So I don’t see the point of trying to waste the resources on making all those variants on her part to lessen the quality for her fans when you could have 1-2 Quality pressings, Which are recyclable if you choose to…

IMG-3521.jpg

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think she’s just trying to keep stable in the top 3 tho. I doubt she has that much of a grudge over Billie and the variant thing?

Maybe I'm just overthinking things but Billie's store specifically mentions how all the variants have the "same tracklisting across the board" on their page about how her 783 different variants are "sustainable". My mind can't help but feel like that's a subtle dig at Taylor's different bonus track versions... (Olivia Rodrigo says hello, Billie). That's such an oddly specific thing to mention as proof of "sustainability"

On the one hand I think it would be super petty if Taylor were trying to block Billie getting number one bc of what she said, but on the other hand I would laugh if Billie debuts at #2. I casually like Billie and I'm currently listening to her new album for the third time... it would be nice if she gets #1 but I feel like there's definitely some "friendly" competition going on here

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

hahaa the sad thing is this is so true. the "sustainability" page on Billie's store is like reading a delusional greenwashed corporate page. you know what's even more sustainable than a dozen vinyl variants with recycled everything? releasing only one variant. the funny thing is streaming is way more environmentally friendly than ecomix vinyl shipped in recycled boxes

sorry if this is switching the conversation but i just saw a taylor leak tracker and GOD the swifties have hoarder problems

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

1 minute ago, williamprb said:

sorry if this is switching the conversation but i just saw a taylor leak tracker and GOD the swifties have hoarder problems

Fr. Its giving stupid bitch im gonna fuck you up

i love the new billie album, but i find it amusing how with every release, there are mental gymnastics to bring taylor up. the digital versions thing didn't help, but

it's always like "ohh well this is SO much better than ttpd" or "i wonder how TAYLOR feels now about putting out such a mid album"- like? we can't we talk about Billie?

"so tell me everything is not about me, but what if it is?", might be her most true and self-aware lyric- bc even if something has nothing to do with her- she someone gets brought up!

giphy.webp

there's a blue light in my best friend's room...

why do y'all give a fuck about whether or not its going to block billie like... its not that serious just enjoy the music 

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • MICHAEL GIRA • LANA DEL REY • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • 

I'm loving the Billie record and would love her to get to #01 on the charts with it! Fingers crossed, cos she deserves it. But anyways, here's my top 3 Taylor albums at the minute:

01. Red

02. evermore

03. The Tortured Poets Department

The Tortured Poets Department continues to grow on me - I don’t think Taylor is capable of making a wholly bad album. It’s not her strongest for me but it doesn’t have to be.

My Taylor ranking:

1. Red

2. folklore

3. 1989

4. evermore

5. Fearless

6. Speak Now

7. Reputation

8. Lover

9.  TTPD

10. Midnights

11. Taylor Swift

8, 9, 10 are all tied for me and honestly if they were all trimmed down / bonus tracks or droplets replaced album tracks they would be much better but I think that’s a pretty universal opinion :P Debut honestly could be a top 8 album after TV

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

i love the new billie album, but i find it amusing how with every release, there are mental gymnastics to bring taylor up. the digital versions thing didn't help, but

it's always like "ohh well this is SO much better than ttpd" or "i wonder how TAYLOR feels now about putting out such a mid album"- like? we can't we talk about

literally, it's so funny :eartha:

was looking at a video of dua lipa's newest drop and at least twenty comments on there were referencing taylor. do they not get tired?

you've got a thunderbird