lola

Taylor Swift

listening to TTPD again to try and see if there's something i'm missing from it. it's just kind of... samey throughout the entire thing from what i remember the last time i heard it. and it seems to be the same again on this listen. 

she definitely needs a new producer. i think jack has ran his course, same with jack and lana. it's getting boring and bland. jack is his best when he does small details in production. the very beginning sound of down bad is fun to hear, especially in the background throughout the song. 

down bad is the lavender haze of this album (which is a good thing)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, American Whore said:

listening to TTPD again to try and see if there's something i'm missing from it. it's just kind of... samey throughout the entire thing from what i remember the last time i heard it. and it seems to be the same again on this listen. 

she definitely needs a new producer. i think jack has ran his course, same with jack and lana. it's getting boring and bland. jack is his best when he does small details in production. the very beginning sound of down bad is fun to hear, especially in the background throughout the song. 

down bad is the lavender haze of this album (which is a good thing)

i have the same feeling. the songs are good but not as an album, they blend together.

Jack is a good producer, he produced some of my favourite songs ever but now all his song are kinda boring and bland as you said

Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise 

3 hours ago, bored said:

I'm loving the Billie record and would love her to get to #01 on the charts with it! Fingers crossed, cos she deserves it. But anyways, here's my top 3 Taylor albums at the minute:

01. Red

02. evermore

03. The Tortured Poets Department

taste!

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

i genuinely don’t understand this take at all😭😭 

i get it for anthology but the standard? i’m confused how anyone would think fortnight and the smallest man who ever lived sound alike, or down bad and guilty as sin, or but daddy i love him and so long london etc etc like yes a lot of songs are in the same sonic realm but isn’t an album supposed to be? and also there are some really stark differences in sonic palette throughout the album, with some songs with a heavy western twinge (but daddy I love him, guilty as sin, fresh out the slammer, I can fix him) pure synth pop (fortnight, down bad, my boy, title track, I can do it) piano ballads (loml, smallest man who ever lived, clara bow) and somewhat alternative leaning cinematic songs (florida, who’s afraid).

the only part where i can somewhat understand feeling like all the songs sounds the same is the first 4 track run, but i also feel like once you listen to them enough and listen out of sequence, there are clear differences. Fortnight has a much darker mysterious vibe, TTPD quirky lyrics and melody stand out whether you think it’s good or bad, my boy is probably the most “generic taylor swift song” on the record but the outro definitely makes it stand out. down bad’s alien metaphor, (trumpet?) intro, and chorus really stand out. there are distinct differences to those songs and I just think it’s so unfair to say it all sounds the same cause it really does not. i get that maybe to your ears it does though, especially if you haven’t spent a lot of time with the record. to me when i listened to the new billie eilish record everything sounded samey to me but everyone else seems to think it’s a masterpiece so I get having different tastes.

omg sorry i literally wrote an essay LOL

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I genuinely don’t understand this take at all😭😭 I get it for anthology but the standard? I’m confused how anyone would think Fortnight and The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived sound alike, or Down Bad and Guilty as Sin, or But Daddy I Love Him and So Long London etc etc like yes a lot of songs are in the same sonic realm but isn’t an album supposed to be? And also there are some really stark differences in sonic palette throughout the album, with some songs with a heavy western twinge (but daddy I love him, guilty as sin, fresh out the slammer, I can fix him) pure synth pop (fortnight, down bad, my boy, title track, I can do it) piano ballads (loml, smallest man who ever lived, clara bow) and somewhat alternative leaning cinematic songs (florida, who’s afraid). the only part where I can somewhat understand feeling like all the songs sounds the same is the first 4 track run, but I also feel like once you listen to them enough and listen out of sequence, there are clear differences. Fortnight has a much darker mysterious vibe, TTPD quirky lyrics and melody stand out whether you think it’s good or bad, My Boy is probably the most “generic taylor swift song” on the record but the outdo definitely makes it stand out. Down Bad’s alien metaphor, (trumpet?) intro, and chorus really stand out. There are distinct differences to those songs and I just think it’s so unfair to say it all sounds the same cause it really does not. I get that maybe to your ears it does though, espically if you haven’t spent a lot of time with the record. To me when I listened to the new Billie Eilish record everything sounded samey to me but everyone else seems to think it’s a masterpiece so I get having different tastes.

omg sorry i literally wrote an essay LOL

PREACH

8 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i genuinely don’t understand this take at all😭😭 

i get it for anthology but the standard? 

For me it’s totally the opposite :D kinda can understand it when people talk this way about the standard edition but I don’t get it when they talk about the anthology

Honestly, Taylor should've just released the 4 bonus tracks and The Prophecy at 2:00 am. I love the standard album and think its a cohesive body of work while not sounding too similar. But, i think the 31 tracks was too much for this record. She could have even released So High School and Imgonnagetyouback as bonus tracks on another edition to block billie if she wants to!.

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Honestly, Taylor should've just released the 4 bonus tracks and The Prophecy at 2:00 am. I love the standard album and think its a cohesive body of work while not sounding too similar. But, i think the 31 tracks was too much for this record. She could have even released So High School and Imgonnagetyouback as bonus tracks on another edition to block billie if she wants to!.

ok tbh i agree with you but i just dont see it as a "double album" like she says. i feel like if you just listen to it as a bsides/extended deluxe it makes more sense because the anthology tracklist sucks and doesn't sound like an album to me when I listen to it on its own. 

It’s time to speak my truth: I hate the cover pic she used for The Anthology. She looks stiff, and it doesn’t match the album aesthetic. I love the standard cover, and The Bolter cover is my favorite variant. I wish she’d done something different for The Anthology. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

ok tbh i agree with you but i just dont see it as a "double album" like she says. i feel like if you just listen to it as a bsides/extended deluxe it makes more sense because the anthology tracklist sucks and doesn't sound like an album to me when I listen to it on its own. 

Exactly :true:.

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

It’s time to speak my truth: I hate the cover pic she used for The Anthology. She looks stiff, and it doesn’t match the album aesthetic. I love the standard cover, and The Bolter cover is my favorite variant. I wish she’d done something different for The Anthology. 

Does this help?

taylor_swift_the_anthology_by_kallumlavi

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Exactly :true:.

Does this help?

taylor_swift_the_anthology_by_kallumlavi

if I still used Apple Music I’d switch it to this. This is so gorgeous. 

Just now, Mer said:

if I still used Apple Music I’d switch it to this. This is so gorgeous. 

Slay! I found it on devienart by kalliumlavigne. They make lots of cool Realistic taylor covers

I’m personally fine with the 31 tracks but TTPD and the Anthology could’ve been their own sister albums and each had a deluxe version. Just like folklore and evermore. One released a while after the other. That way it wouldn’t have felt bloated.

6 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

I’m personally fine with the 31 tracks but TTPD and the Anthology could’ve been their own sister albums and each had a deluxe version. Just like folklore and evermore. One released a while after the other. That way it wouldn’t have felt bloated.

I wouldve lover this tbh.

i feel like it would have been better if she released the anthology later on as an almost side b like carly rae jepsen does but i think she released it on the day to boost sales/first day streams which was smart

39 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Slay! I found it on devienart by kalliumlavigne. They make lots of cool Realistic taylor covers

Kallum is on lb and they have a thread here with all their designs they r all soooo gorgeous

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

7 minutes ago, williamprb said:

Kallum is on lb and they have a thread here with all their designs they r all soooo gorgeous

GNvFLxtbYAEkUrH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Can they pls make this cover say "the anthology" it's probably my favorite. 

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

TTPD title track is actually a masterpiece if you get it you get it :ajay:

YES. The hate is insane. I have the bridge on repeat 

1 minute ago, Aeryx said:

YES. The hate is insane. I have the bridge on repeat 

it's literally the most perfect delusional crazy obsessively in love song she's ever created :crying5: "we're modern idiots" is such a classic line that is SO underrated as well, and I even love the second verse that everyone hates.