lola

Taylor Swift

Just now, yyxy said:

but releasing a new variant that seems to be released every week when someone is threatening her place in the charts? idk girl but that seems very exploitative to me.

exploitative of who? almost no one even buys those, and again, they really aren't adding many sales. I agree billboard should make new rules to block these kinds of tactics because it is annoying. But the death threats and accusations and insults are so ridiculous. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

She's just very insecure and greedy there is literally no other way to describe it. It's pathetic and it makes her so called "success" feel inorganic and desperate—and ironically it's all at the expense of other female artists. It's worrisome how she doesn't seem to be concerned about a potential collective fatigue too.

It's also quite hilarious considering that she's doing the most to what's already an overlong album that was met with mixed/tepid reviews. The lack of quality control is truly astonishing. I was a casual listener of her earlier work, but she's become this unbearable, insane egomaniac and the music isn't even worth fussing about.

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Why didn’t 🛴 release expanded editions of Taylor’s albums? Missed opportunity on his part if you ask me.

Oh that would start a whole new war if he starts doing it now :tommy: 

url%5D

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

She actually just ripped my hijab off my head and spit on me at the airport just now. I’m shaking. I’m not lying.

you are not wearing a hijab in your profile picture.

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Charli also released like 10 variants for the album  and no one is upset about that. 

10 variants of an album is a lot, but there's a big difference between 10 and 58 :eek:

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡

Just now, Embach said:

Oh that would start a whole new war if he starts doing it now :tommy: 

He should, at least for 1989. I want say don’t go 2014 version.

Spoiler

Jokes… sorta :sass:

4 minutes ago, fishtails said:

10 variants of an album is a lot, but there's a big difference between 10 and 58 :eek:

please tell me all 58 variants cause i don't believe that at all lol. There were only 5 (?) vinyl variants of TTPD and Charli had 12, which was mostly what i was referencing because people act like Taylor is queen of vinyl variants when most artists release more than her.

Just now, taco truck said:

please tell me all 58 variants cause i don't believe that at all lol. There were only 5? vinyl variants and Charli had 12.

https://www.discogs.com/master/3461018-Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department

Its all listed here, apparently with the three new ones it makes the total 58

♡ 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝔂𝓼 𝓶𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼 ♡

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

please tell me all 58 variants cause i don't believe that at all lol. There were only 5 (?) vinyl variants of TTPD and Charli had 12, which was mostly what i was referencing because people act like Taylor is queen of vinyl variants when most artists release more than her.

I think people's main gripe with taylor's variants is she adds one new thing to them, charli hasn't done this, she's just got brat and brat deluxe, taylor has her album (and her deluxe) then +1 different thing on each instead of just dropping an acoustic album / demo album.

edit: people aren't upset about her releasing the same album on a different colour vinyl, it's the adding of one new track so people can't have all the acoustics/demos/whatever on one cd.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

please tell me all 58 variants cause i don't believe that at all lol. There were only 5? vinyl variants and Charli had 12.

The 4 physicals the 3 live track digital albums the 3 voice memo editions the 5 acoustic editions. Plus the anthology (but I’ll give her a pass for that) the target version

Edited by DemonMic2003

Just now, fishtails said:

https://www.discogs.com/master/3461018-Taylor-Swift-The-Tortured-Poets-Department

Standard "File Name: The Manuscript"
- Target Exclusive "File Name: The Bolter"
- Target Exclusive "File Name: The Albatross"
- Target Exclusive "File Name: The Black Dog"

File Name: The Manuscript" with bonus track "The Manuscript"
"File Name: The Bolter" with bonus track "The Bolter"
"File Name: The Albatross" with bonus track "The Albatross"
"File Name: The Black Dog" with bonus track "The Black Dog"

- Variant with "The Manuscript" bonus track: pressed on Ghosted White vinyl
- Variant with "The Bolter" bonus track: pressed on Parchment Beige vinyl
- Variant with "The Albatross" bonus track: pressed on Smoke Grey vinyl
- Variant with "The Black Dog" bonus track: pressed on Ink Black vinyl

File Name: The Manuscript" with bonus track "The Manuscript"
"File Name: The Bolter" with bonus track "The Bolter"
"File Name: The Albatross" with bonus track "The Albatross"
"File Name: The Black Dog" with bonus track "The Black Dog"

These are all the same exact 4 variants just on vinyl, cd, or cassette. I don't consider that a "variant"? 

2 minutes ago, fishtails said:

This separates the exact same ”variants” by country/region :runs:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

9 minutes ago, West Coast said:

She's just insecure and greedy there is literally no other way to describe it. It's pathetic and it makes her so called "success" feel inorganic and desperate—and ironically it's all at the expense of other female artists. It's worrisome how she doesn't seem concerned about a potential collective fatigue too.

It's also quite hilarious considering that she's doing the most to what's already an overlong album that was met with tepid reviews. The lack of quality control is truly astonishing. I was a casual listener of her earlier work, but she's become this unbearable, insane egomaniac and the music isn't even worth fussing about.

As an OG Swiftie from 2009ish, I cannot WAIT till she flops into the oblivion of obscuritye :eartha:

11 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Why didn’t 🛴 release expanded editions of Taylor’s albums? Missed opportunity on his part if you ask me.

I try to stay out of commenting on this thread since I can't stand Taylor and I know she has fans here. But the way she called Scooter Braun "shameless and greedy" for releasing a random live album is just so... wow. The hypocrisy is astonishing to me.

throwback-to-taylor-calling-scooter-brau

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕