lola

Taylor Swift

speaking of albums that would benefit from editing -- lover. i was thinking about how the reception of the whole era would be completely different if the album was 12 tracks long. in a perfect world my tracklist for lover is:

Spoiler

1. cruel summer (lead single) 
  2. i think he knows (3rd single)
  3. paper rings
  4. lover (2nd single)
  5. the archer (promo single)
  6. miss americana
  7. cornelia street (promo single)
  8. death by a thousand cuts
  9. it's nice to have a friend
  10. false god
  11. afterglow
  12. daylight (4th and final single)

(although soon you'll get better is a beautiful song, it is so personal and so depressing i feel like i'm invading something i shouldn't be hearing when i listen to that song. also it has nothing to do with the rest of the album. i hate her attempts to be ""political"" with the man and yntcd and i think the more subtle approach of miss americana is much better. also i'd release a deluxe version including need, all of the girls, london boy.

the miss americana documentary in hindsight feels like a joke since she ditched the whole "taking the tape off my mouth" as soon as she realised she still had time to be just as popular as the peak of her career at that point (1989 era). the best parts of it to me is getting to know more vunerable parts of taylor in her personal life, so i think it should've been about that, especially since she released it in the lover era.

32 minutes ago, Embach said:

This album is tons and tons better than Midnights. The critics reception for Midnights should've been the real reception for TTDP and TTDP's reception should've been the real reception for Midnights. I know that people and music critics are tired of Taylor but this album is like a whole new island in her discography, it's a whole new universe of emotions. The grief stage concept was kinda genius ngl. 

I was surprised by how well Midnights was received. I love it but I think TTPD is way better. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

9 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

I truly dislike this album but My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys is a major banger.

every person who says they've hated this album has said my boy is a good song and i don't get it:trisha:its my least fav

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

if her and joe were really married (and probably were) i think they def got married while she was making lover

and i don't seem to mind

3 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

if her and joe were really married (and probably were) i think they def got married while she was making lover

How could you possibly think they were married after this album + you’re losing me 😭 half the reason they broke up is cause he wouldn’t marry her

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

How could you possibly think they were married after this album + you’re losing me 😭 half the reason they broke up is cause he wouldn’t marry her

did you not listen to LOML:crying5: i think the "i wouldn't marry me either" line is her mocking him regretting marrying her idk

and i don't seem to mind

7 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

did you not listen to LOML:crying5: i think the "i wouldn't marry me either" line is her mocking him regretting marrying her idk

Did you not listen to loml??? For one, that song is clearly mostly about Matty Healy😭 and two, “you shit talked me under the table, talking rings and talking cradles” and “we go from one kiss to getting married” those lines are referring to Matty promising marriage after Joe wouldn’t do those things for her. The entire album she sings about her wish for marriage. and she also fully shut down the marriage to Joe rumors with what Tree said to Deuxmoi. Sorry for being aggressive but the denial of what Taylor has outright stated and the misinterpretation of her songs is so insane to me. :delish2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Did you not listen to loml??? For one, that song is clearly mostly about Matty Healy😭 and two, “you shit talked me under the table, talking rings and talking cradles” and “we go from one kiss to getting married” those lines are referring to Matty promising marriage after Joe wouldn’t do those things for her. The entire album she sings about her wish for marriage. and she also fully shut down the marriage to Joe rumors with what Tree said to Deuxmoi. Sorry for being aggressive but the denial of what Taylor has outright stated and the misinterpretation of her songs is so insane to me. :delish2:

clocked my tea a littleeeeeee:crying5:

and i don't seem to mind

@The Siren & @DemonMic2003 liking posts on both sides of the argument is SENDING me lmaoooo

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

Manifesting a From The Vault album.

From The Vault

1. Lucky You (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  2. I'd Lie (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  3. Wait For Me (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  4. Nevermind (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  5. Boys And Love (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  6. Unknown Craig Waismen Fearless Outtake (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  7. Too Beautiful (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  8. Let's Go (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  9. Wonderful Things (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  10. Bother Me (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)
  11. Unknown Jacknife Lee 1989 Outtake (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)*

*= (one of) the Harry Styles outtake(s) but I figured just rework whatever one she things the fans would like the most, would be solo as well.

10 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

(one of) the Harry Styles outtake(s) but I figured just rework whatever one she things the fans would like the most, would be solo as well.

keep that man out of her music actually 😭

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

16 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

that’s why it’d be a solo version. :ma:

wait then what do you mean harry styles outtakes? just songs that are about him?

also why am i just now realizing all the alien metaphors in down bad :oprah4:

“they’ll say i’m nuts if i talk about the existence of you”:eartha:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

"The Downtown Lights" is actually such a pretty song - thank you Taylor LOL 

37 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

wait then what do you mean harry styles outtakes? just songs that are about him?

also why am i just now realizing all the alien metaphors in down bad :oprah4:

“they’ll say i’m nuts if i talk about the existence of you”:eartha:

No it’s one outtake written by Harry and Taylor song by Harry and Taylor as well confirmed by jacknife Lee (the producer of the song).

3 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Have we talked abt how this sold 2.61 MILLION copies in a week??? 2nd biggest week for an album. Now that’s fucking crazy :excited:

GMTBy8WasAA_6sA?format=jpg&name=medium

I don't think anyone else has done this. 

12 hours ago, Mer said:

GMTBy8WasAA_6sA?format=jpg&name=medium

I don't think anyone else has done this. 

it's crazy how tiny midnights sales seem compared the TTPD. everyone was gagged by those sales, imagine going back a year ago and telling people that she more than doubled that with her next record :shock2:

violets in your eyes