Sign in to follow this  
FROGGO

STAN WARS: 4th Quarter Album Releases - Who are you supporting? [POLL ADDED]

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your most anticipated pop girl release?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce
  2. 2. Which artist do you want to FLOP FLOP FLOP?

• Katy Perry
    • Lady Gaga
    • Rihanna
    • Britney Spears
    • Beyonce

Ok, is this irony?

I know that this whole not releasing anything thing is annoying as hell but she didn't trolled us (or maybe I just forgot it or did she trolled us? I'm just confused now sorry  :tsk: )

i76mrxw.png 

I know that this whole not releasing anything thing is annoying as hell but she didn't trolled us (or maybe I just forgot it or did she trolled us? I'm just confused now sorry  :tsk: )

You know, if she told us that she isn't releasing anything it could have been helpful information.  :eek:

Besides that, of course she was / is  recording a new album. She just realised way too late that it is not good enough to avoid some major flopping. 

**waits for Cher to release 26th solo album**

laughing at ur pop starlets who haven't even broken double digits.

For real though, the album of the year already leaked and it's by Goldfrapp

**summons @@Beemo** 

Tales of jesUS is everything to me rn :oprah:

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

I'm ready for PRISM. I've been missing my KatyStan days so that should be fun to resume!

and i don't care how well everyone else does because i'll be focused on Katy ~ but just because all Gaga fans seem to be against Katy, i hope that Gaga flops. :lel: she's just trying to be controversial now, let's be honest :hairflip: 

:hae:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I'm ready for PRISM. I've been missing my KatyStan days so that should be fun to resume!

and i don't care how well everyone else does because i'll be focused on Katy ~ but just because all Gaga fans seem to be against Katy, i hope that Gaga flops. :lel: she's just trying to be controversial now, let's be honest :hairflip:

YaVm24l.gif

I voted for Gaga, she's amazing  :icant: I only voted for katy to flop because it was obligatory lol I don't really ---want--- her to flop but oh well. I can do without rihanna and beyonce tho  :pft:  I will only care for Britney if she releases a blackout 2.0  :bodyisready:

she scares me. Its like the american, female, kind of black version of Jesus and Midas

Hahaha! I honestly don't even get how she obtained this ~untouchable status. Like, how did that happen? Did I sleep while she was out there conquering the world or something?! I don't think she's as big in Europe as she is the US, so maybe that's why I'm a bit confused as to why she's suddenly the ruling queen of all pop stars? To me, the only truly memorable Beyoncé songs are Crazy in Love and Telephone - and the latter isn't even hers lmao! Idk, maybe I'm just out of touch. :pft:

Christ, I feel the same way. :defeated:

I think her discography is terribly overrated and overhyped, and her "saving grace" -- her ability to perform and put on a show -- really isn't all that great as it's been made out to be. She is NOT the female Michael Jackson, imo. While she is a great technical performer; hitting every mark, every note, carrying herself with the "perfect" amount of sass, etc, it all seems very calculated, and not at all genuine. Every move she makes seems so deliberate, the way she moves her body (not sure how to describe it, she's technically doing the moves correctly but doesn't move like an actual dancer), her voice, although brilliant, can be so affected in its delivery, portraying perfect amount of pain, the perfect amount of playfulness, the perfect amount of forcefulness. Perfect, perfect, perfect. I don't know. Her interactions with her fans and banter while on stage seem so insincere, right down to the way she smiles, throws her head back and laughs, and that single tear that falls as she looks off into the distance while performing something that "moves her". It's as though there's something kind of robotic that's holding her back. It's as though her fixation on her image and appearing a certain way transcends to the stage and effects her delivery. I just can't get into it, as much as I want to and as talented as she undoubtedly is. I've just never once gotten the impression that she gets truly lost in her performances. 

I feel like Britney at her peak, Freddie Mercury, two very different artists from one another -- are those on par with MJ for putting on a great fucking performance. Beyonce doesn't deserve to have her name mentioned in the same sentence as him. 

I touched a bit on her legendary, iconic status here. Basically, her team marketed her as a ~legend~ and ~iconic~; these were not bestowed upon her through the usual means of time passing and retrospection as they ought to be be. Funny how carefully worded press releases, demands for media outlets, and certain marketing can give someone a title and status that should only be earned in time and not as a hungry grab for a crown the public never set upon their head, if that makes any sense. 

ANYWAY, I said a lot more than I was meaning to and I only popped in here to mention a couple of op-ed pieces I feel hit the nail on the end in regards to both Beyonce's and Rihanna's career. The first touches on what @@elllipsis mentioned about her lack of notable songs despite her supposed status in music...

Beyonce: An Icon Who's Struggled to Make Iconic Music?

AND

Like She's the Only Girl in the World: The improbable, unstoppable success of Rihanna

-- Choice quote:

"Mariah, Whitney, Beyoncé, Gaga—these stars feel like stars. Rihanna feels like something else: a one hit-wonder several dozen times over."

(What is this accuracy? :defeated: What a succinct way of putting it.) 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Lets day lady gaga would return musically to Oh Well, Brown Eyes, Again Again or more like So Happy I Could Die I would like her! And visually / creatively like The Fame Part 1. I think there is always something sacred about an artist before they are famous, the music, writing, appearance. reason why we are so hung up on Lizzy Grant (difference bing I still like Lana)

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Totally agree about Rihana, she seems so over it. Like she actually seems bored with what she's doing. There isn't a rihanna album I can enjoy 100% all the way through

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i dont think shes trying to be controversial now, she had always been to me lol

i dont think shes trying to be controversial now, she had always been to me lol

I'm not being serious hahaa ~ maru wanted us to shade so i was just throwing a little for fun :lel:

I can agree to a certain degree about Beyoncé. I think of all artists listed she is the most driven, yet she may not be the most creative. About the iconic music, no matter how good something is, unless its universally heard and successful it can't really become iconic IMO as its not recognisable or whatever. I think Beyoncé although may not have a wide library of "iconic" hits, whereas someone like Britney does. Beyonce is far more consistent and I think that's more important, she isn't a peer among rihanna, Katy perry, britney because I don't think her intentions are the same. She isn't looking for hits. She explained exactly this in Life is but a dream, discussing longevity instead of hit after hit.

The aura around her and Jay Z is weird. They've had the title of royalty bestowed on them, and people do look to them as gods (me included lol) partly for entertainment but they are a real power couple and both make great music IMO.

There is a great Destinys Child clip filmed in 1997 when Beyoncé would have been 14 or 15 whilst recording the album and the other band members are just goofing around like kids that they are and Beyoncé is just there for the business, she's carrying Wesley like a grown woman lol. I don't think she was much of a child, she had very pushy parents and I think she has always been driven, hard working and self aware and that's why I respect her!

Overall I think beyonce is just very talented

Not rihannas #PhuckYo rockstar attitude which she pushes so hard that she is even trying to convince herself

but i wasnt trying to sound angry or something, sorry haha sometimes my english is a mess :/ :toofunny:

It's okay! Hahahha, i got what you meant :kiss: