xratedcuntxrated

Beyoncé

Not the biggest Beyoncé fan in the world but I like a couple of her songs and 4 remains a good album for me.  Yet her release strategy deserves a thread even if you think Beyoncé as an album is shizz. Such a genius idea and so bold. Off course Radiohead already sold music only in their own site and Prince had that album that came with the newspaper but this has no precedent in pop.

It's so amazing that doesn't really matter if Beyoncé sells millions or if the singles chart or not: the statement, the impact was made.

I always asked myself how Beyoncé got the career she has since IMO her lyrics are nothing out of the extraordinary, her dance routine was done before in more creative ways by Britney and Madonna, her voice is great but many also have great or amazing voice. So I came to the conclusion that as a pop star Beyoncé is an amazing brand. Not a singer first, not a perfomer first, not a pop artist, Beyoncé is a brand. You know what brands do? They make statements and need to reinvent themselves to survive and Beyoncé did just that, in a brilliant way.

I am gonna download the album out of pure curiosity and I imagine many like me will do it for this reason. Her fans will do it because is Beezus, random folks will do it to see the videos. It's not going to flop because is already successful and something tells me she has some nice tunes in there. The singles are ready to go at her choice, gives a new meaning for "on air on sale' .

Beezus Kworb 13/12/2013

fz79AiM.png

another thing...in US the mounth comes prior the day so is basically 12 -13-14 and also a 13 friday...cool another little dirty sexy detail.

dirty secret: I wish Lana, Adele or Rihanna came up with this idea LOL,...oh well...

Thoughts?

glgcDdT.gif

But I do think this album is a career defining one, not just because of the much anticipation and quick release, but because the music and the videos are just of incredible quality!

It's interesting to think about how completely different it is to something like a*tpop, whom the musician behind it actually thought the music should definitely NOT be released all at once. Which I think is actually not correct. The excitement, and spotanaiety of the release created it's own hype. Everyone is talking about it. I think it will be #iconic. Because how will the album play out? I guess there will be no singles at all. It is really alien and totally interesting. Can't wait to see BEYONCÉ in March.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't think her method of releasing the album unexpectedly is impressive.  :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…