TrailerParkDarling

Lana, Lorde, & Feminism

i think she meant that she's not going to sing about that kind of stuff because she doesn't do it not that other people shouldn't be singing about it. that's kinda obvious though, i don't see the need for her to point that out tbh

neither do i. i mean of all the people she chose lana? lol i'm not hating i still like lorde, but you know there are other ways to advertise yourself other than attacking (not really attacking, but it isn't really compliments) other artists. 

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png

i don't think much of lorde, not because of her age (i'm 15 as most of you know), but because her music just doesn't appeal to me in general. i think what she's forgetting is that, sometimes women like to play a submissive role sometimes, and there really is no harm in that, as long as she is consenting. lana is not here to be a role model, she wants to create art, not influence 13 year old girls. i think lorde is just trying to be somewhat controversial, but it's silly. i'm a feminist but i see nothing wrong with lana wanting to be dominated in a relationship, that's her thing, and it's not for anyone else (let alone some tumblr teenager) to say that lana is unhealthy for young girls.

sorry to waffle on, but it's annoying, lana has never tried to be a role model, she's not said anything of the sort, so what is lorde even on about?

I agree with a big part of what you said, but I don't think she was trying to be controversial tbh. If anything, she was trying to be politically correct by saying something *a lot * of people strongly believe in these days. I think it's kinda sad that a portion (because not all of it is like this, not by any means) of the feminist movement is less about true empowerment & telling women it's ok to make their own choices, and more about dictating how a feminist & empowered woman should behave and be like, and trying to impose those views on all other women regardless of how they actually feel about them.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on what I just said:

tumblr_mo5jurlh281qdgr7uo1_500.gif

It sure as hell wasn't right when men did it, and it's still not right when women do it either.

About what Lorde said: imo (and like I said before in that status) that's an invalid criticism when it comes to music or any other type of art. I don't think artists should 'moderate' themselves or 'rethink' what they want to sing or write about because of a potential copy-cat effect on their audience. She didn't lie though, the drug-loving, adulterous & men-dependent lifestyle Lana sings about & seems to be fascinated with isn't exactly the healthiest in the world; however, and even though she eventually became a role model (even if she never wanted it, she didn't have a choice), Lana is first and foremost a musician & imo her primary concern while writing music can't be 'oh dear, how negatively will this influence my fans?'.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Also kind of hilarious that she says that while she's about to get big and achieve all the opulence and riches she is speaking out against. Interesting to see what she does with her new found fortune.

neither do i. i mean of all the people she chose lana? lol i'm not hating i still like lorde, but you know there are other ways to advertise yourself other than attacking (not really attacking, but it isn't really compliments) other artists. 

I think she's just riding on coat-tails so to speak

Also, @@TrailerParkDarling and @@lola: You guys both posted your topics at the same time!! Twinsies!!

*deletes Tennis Court from iTunes*

No, but really, Lana's fan base is found on gay guys, so she is wrong :P, but wtvr, I believe people are not stupid enough to live their life in the way Lana did, it's obviously she is telling her story or faking it, but it's a story, it has to be seen like that, a story that don't belong t the listeners but the artis, that's why I love Lana, cause just listening to her, makes u know her a lil' bit more.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I agree with a big part of what you said, but I don't think she was trying to be controversial tbh. If anything, she was trying to be politically correct by saying something *a lot * of people strongly believe in these days. I think it's kinda sad that a portion (because not all of it is like this, not by any means) of the feminist movement is less about true empowerment & telling women it's ok to make their own choices, and more about dictating how a feminist & empowered woman should behave and be like, and trying to impose those views on all other women regardless of how they actually feel about them.

It sure as hell wasn't right when men did it, and it's still not right when women do it either.

About what Lorde said: imo (and like I said before in that status) that's an invalid criticism when it comes to music or any other type of art. I don't think artists should 'moderate' themselves or 'rethink' what they want to sing or write about because of a potential copy-cat effect on their audience. She didn't lie though, the drug-loving, adulterous & men-dependent lifestyle Lana sings about & seems to be fascinated with isn't exactly the healthiest in the world; however, and even though she eventually became a role model (even if she never wanted it, she didn't have a choice), Lana is first and foremost a musician & imo her primary concern while writing music can't be 'oh dear, how negatively will this influence my fans?'.

i agree mostly with what you're saying. i think lorde was trying to make a 'radical' statement though, idk, that's just what i got. maybe she did that so people will stop with the lana comparisons? 

4r9w86.jpg

This is honestly my favourite thing Jessa has said on that show! Feminism is about a woman's choice to do as she pleases with her life and no one else impeding them from doing otherwise. So Lorde is technically being anti-feminist by saying what she said.

*posts this on tumblr as an acoustic song to destroy lorde's career and make her lost 50k followers on Twitter* 

Obvss it's a joke and kinda shade to so legit's leaker  :creep:

Nah, it's her opinion and it's ok, for me it doesn't affect anything tbh. :P 

I see Lana has another basic pressT. I'm actually over this girl. She's remarkable because of her age but her voice or sound doesn't really have much to it. I'd rather stan for Carlie Redd Sinclair 

I’m curious to know [Lorde's] thoughts on Del Rey, one of the most polarising pop stars of recent times, an artist she will almost inevitably be compared to, on some level.

“I pretty much get compared to every sort of pop girl; I want to get some guys,” she laments. “With her, it’s really manufactured. I never really believe anything she’s talking about, but at the same time I think there’s really a writer there, and I think she could have something really cool, if she stopped and looked at herself. Everything is about a boy … I think we’re past that – it’s 2013. Every song doesn’t have to be ‘I’m absolutely nothing without you, I’m holding onto your leg, don’t let me go!’ It’s tired. Her real story is more interesting than her fantasy.”

source

LDR rode that hype train on Video Games then Born close to 2 years ago and is still getting press especially when her name keeps coming out of this Childe's mouth. Childe is still at Kimbra status. So she keep can keep trying with her vermin infested cover art and her stare-into-the-camera-for-five-minutes music videos even Lana's low budget videos had multiple scenes thanks to Windows Movie Maker.

giffix-1.gif

I’m curious to know [Lorde's] thoughts on Del Rey, one of the most polarising pop stars of recent times, an artist she will almost inevitably be compared to, on some level.[/size]

“I pretty much get compared to every sort of pop girl; I want to get some guys,” she laments. “With her, it’s really manufactured. I never really believe anything she’s talking about, but at the same time I think there’s really a writer there, and I think she could have something really cool, if she stopped and looked at herself. Everything is about a boy … I think we’re past that – it’s 2013. Every song doesn’t have to be ‘I’m absolutely nothing without you, I’m holding onto your leg, don’t let me go!’ It’s tired. Her real story is more interesting than her fantasy.”

she's a girl, she's going to be compared to girls. obviously. i rly don't like this quote, it's like she's talking down to lana and thinks she's superior to her...not all of lana's songs are about boys and even if they were, if she chose to do that then why not? lana thinks about love and relationships a lot but she's obviously also very concerned with her career or else she wouldn't have dedicated the past 6 years solely to her work...lorde seems a little quick to judge imo

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

she's a girl, she's going to be compared to girls. obviously. i rly don't like this quote, it's like she's talking down to lana and thinks she's superior to her...not all of lana's songs are about boys and even if they were, if she chose to do that then why not? lana thinks about love and relationships a lot but she's obviously also very concerned with her career or else she wouldn't have dedicated the past 6 years solely to her work...lorde seems a little quick to judge imo

Agreed.. I mean how many of all songs ever made are about love??? It's hard to think of a song that isn't, really

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

lol well this ruined my morning

SOMEONE TELL HER TO LISTEN TO LDRAKALG

hahaha mte!! Like, I wonder if I hadn't heard anything but BTD if I'd have a similar view.. not that a lot of Lana's lyrics through the span of her career aren't similar, but def. varied... viewpoints? that's not the right word but w/e ~ PSB for example "In the name of higher consciousness, I let the best man I knew go" Nothing really like that on BTD. I mean I thought Radio was, but then there was that interview where she explained the meaning

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

lana's older material definitely sheds more light on her views on the dynamics she likes in a relationship. "let me put on a show for you, daddy", "you can be the baawwss", "beat me and tell me that no one will love you better than you do", "i like your ultra-violent swing, i like it when you treat me mean" etc. etc could all seem a little shocking to people at first imo but the bolded parts show that lana wants all of this and she's telling her guy what whe wants to do/wants him to do/will let him do. she's not being oppressed by some bad man, she's choosing to be submissive. on btd, she doesn't rly talk about this and could be misunderstood

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think about lana re: feminism a lot tbh and I had a revelation recently. While lana definitely portrays a relationship in which she is submissive, or at least a woman who prefers to be dominated, I feel like there's a real sex positive message in her songs that's kind of lacking in pop music as a whole.

Obviously sex is not an untouched topic in music, by male or female artists. Something I have noticed from female singers in particular is that sex is almost always sung about with love. The two seem to appear mutually exclusive, you know? Like, you cannot possibly have sex without being in love with the person you had sex with. It's also often referred to as "love making" which has always struck me as the kind of euphemism you would use in front of your parents. It makes sex seem so dirty and inappropriate. This is where I think lana differs slightly. She fucks for love but she also fucks for pleasure. She fucks because she wants it and she fucks for this grand opulent persona she's built around herself. She does not let this make her a whore or reduce her femininity in any way and tbh I think that's pretty cool~

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg