TrailerParkDarling

Lana, Lorde, & Feminism

or deeply cynical, depending on how you want to look at it 

either way, she's offering a bit of a critique on our ~opulent~ minded society. not sure if lorde understood that? seems like she has a bit of a love/hate relationship with lana. i don't like the fact that used the word "manufactured". like, when anyone says that about her i just immediately feel like they're offhandedly referring to her appearance and then i cringe a bit at their superficial judgement 

shes probably just trying to set herself apart from lana as well, since they're apparently drawing comparisons? but seems like she looks up to her and resents her at the same time? but lana always garners complicated feelings, so no surprise there, really. i dunno why else she would mention her 3 times in 3 separate interviews

ZRBNill.jpg

It makes me uncomfortable when the people I stan for shade each other.  :toofloppy:

I wouldn't count this as shade ~ she doesn't seem to be pushing anything against Lana personally. Lorde was just making a comment about the nature of Lana's lyrics, and I admire her even more for that, especially after the inevitable comparison between the two she will most likely be fighting for the rest of her career. 

I love that Lorde is essentially my age, and that she is willing to make such intelligent, deserved comments about the music of someone else without being rude or coming across as ignorant. I mean, she directly quoted 'Without You', which isn't even on the standard version of the album. :creep: 

I don't like having to choose between different artists I listen to, but if I had to choose between Lana and Lorde, Ella would win, without a second thought. 

If someone's this stupid, the best choice for them is probably to be anti-active anything.

the worst thing about it is that i'm sure that underneath all that bullshit, she's a very smart and capable person, she's just fashioned herself into this horribly unattractive person (not remarking literally on her style of dress), like her mannerisms, her baby voice/valley girl voice, the giggles, being ~a bit of an airhead~, etc because I think she thinks it's what's "ideal" and what other people find attractive.

:defeated:

i just hate when the potential is there for people to do something... substantial... and this is how they decide to be.

or maybe I'm being too optimistic and this woman really and truly is a complete idiot with no hope of changing  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno: 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Why do people always expect famous women to be feminists, chill. It ain't 1912 up in here. Lol

i expect everyone to be a feminist tbh  :crossed:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Regarding the National Anthem comments of LORDE i have to say that she clearly doesn't have a clue about Lana's lyrics, it's made in the mould of the shallow interpretations of the Lana haters. About feminism, I can't even..., she's a 16 year old girl, what the fuck she knows about these issues, she hasn't the life experiences and certainly she's not scholarly prepared for the discussion. She's a little cunt towards Lana, she's becoming to pretentious, but her music is uninteresting to me I'm to old for her beats and lyrics and  I realy don't give a shit about her the only thing that bothered me was the repeated attacks on Lana. And pls, don't spread unverified things like 80% of Lana fans are Lorde fans, because her sound, lyrics and feeling has nothing to do with Lana's music.

I don't know why she said all this, I can tell her comments aren't exactly hate because she clearly listens to Lana and likes her music but she also clearly feels strongly on feminism and gets annoyed by Lana's lyrics (and I would probably be the same if I only listened to BTD) but as a budding artist, she should watch what she says because nearly all her fans also stan for Lana and this really doesn't help her :crossed: 

Also, just because Lana influences her fans, doesn't mean she's trying to be a role model and influence people's lives. If she likes to be dominated in a relationship then that's fine and she shouldn't feel that she has to change that just to suit her fans - besides, she wants to be dominated. I think her lyrics are slightly exaggerated anyway because I don't see any of this in her relationship with Barrie and now she's so famous, I think she's mostly past the whole innocent act that she used to have.

And with the thing she said about the National Anthem lyrics, I really don't get that. Lorde could sing about wealth and all that if she wanted to - her lyrics don't have to be 100% the truth or true at all, Lana likes her little fantasies and I find that really nice to listen to.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Why do people always expect famous women to be feminists, chill. It ain't 1912 up in here. Lol

well, shouldn't all women be feminists? obviously i don't expect all women to protest or even really talk about it too much but feminism's only real goal are equal rights and shouldn't all women want equal rights? it really surprises me how many people have recently started going on and on about gay rights and ~equality~ but so many people still have something against feminists even though the only thing feminists are asking for are also equal rights. 

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I have arrived.

Lorde is a Lana fan, let's start with that. Even down to the simplest teenage girl habits of captioning her Instagram pictures with her lyrics. Is she a fan like any of us? Obviously not. I'd even call her a "casual listener". Ella (lmao Lorde is hardly an alterego for her I feel uncomfortable carrying on a discussion calling her that) has a very mature personality from what I can tell but at the end of the day she is also an opinionated 16-year-old and she's allowed to have that, whether or not any young people who spend loads of time actually listening to Lana's entire discography are ~super enlightened~

I don't see this as an insult at all but I think she's trying to say that this isn't stuff that she's aiming for in her music. Not so much that she's trying to be the antithesis to LDR and I think there's obvious respect. Lana's message is extremely, achingly genuine, and at times it can be a little concerning in that way. Would I want her to stop? No. All I think Ella is doing is saying that she wants to offer a different viewpoint. In other interviews she's said the same about other pop singers, including Selena Gomez, so you can choke if you think this is some kind of vendetta against Lana. She's a fan. She's making a radical statement? No, she was asked about it and has given similar opinions on other parts of pop culture. You mean we, on LanaBoards, are only hearing about the part where she mentions Lana? Shock and awe.

Beyond establishing that there's no hatred whatsoever, I can't say I agree with her opinion after listening to Lana for all this time but again it's her opinion. Tbh she's probably just perceived it in a way that Lana didn't intend. Fault her for that but nothing else. I would love her to know a bit more about Lana before discussing her (praise to the bonus track mention, though). Gonna tweet her a bunch to see if she'll listen to AKA :umadney:

:byeh8rs2: to her being called a tumblr fad, though, her success is cummin

I've not even heard of this person really tbqh, but I love this:

tumblr_mo5jurlh281qdgr7uo1_500.gif

It sure as hell wasn't right when men did it, and it's still not right when women do it either.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

But like what else does she have to go on when Lana's only explicit words on feminism are that she doesn't partake? Convoluted interpretations of empowerment through submission that LDR's just being secret about? lbr Lana should have something to say on the topic

But I sent her an ask on tumblr with that Pawn Shop Blues rec :smirk:

I don't understand all the fuss around that. Lorde said what she thinks without being fake, haha. I understand what she says though I don't agree and most people that listen to Lana have the same thoughts.

It's surprising to see such a praising to money nowadays (not necessarily in National Anthem), it's something you're used to see in hip-hop and it's probably one of the things that is part of that influence Lana says she has. Her relationship with money is not that simple though, she praises it, understands its power but also has a critical view (Money Hunny).

Lana is not the typical feminist, she likes to be taken care of by men and playing a submissive role during sex, so what ? At least she acknowledges what she wants and she's not ashamed of that.

SCARFACE2371.png

Lana is not the typical feminist, she likes to be taken care of by men and playing a submissive role during sex, so what ? At least she acknowledges what she wants and she's not ashamed of that.

:tsk:

Can you not like to be taken care of by men, play 'submissive' in sex and also be a feminist? I thought it was about choice..

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

well, shouldn't all women be feminists? obviously i don't expect all women to protest or even really talk about it too much but feminism's only real goal are equal rights and shouldn't all women want equal rights? it really surprises me how many people have recently started going on and on about gay rights and ~equality~ but so many people still have something against feminists even though the only thing feminists are asking for are also equal rights. 

I agree with this. I'd feel weird calling myself a feminist just because I want women to get equal rights to men and I find it pathetic and offensive when men say anti-feminist jokes/disagree with it or whatever because, like you said, surely all women want equal rights? I really don't see how anyone could be opposed to it, it doesn't make sense to me  :smh:

I'm sure Lana would support it too even if she prefers being in a relationship where she's very submissive and is dominated by her boyfriend although I can see why Lorde and other people would be opposed to her lyrics/opinions, it shocks me sometimes tbh. 

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

:tsk:

Can you not like to be taken care of by men, play 'submissive' in sex and also be a feminist? I thought it was about choice..

Then you have first to make a definition of what a feminist is to you and then we can talk about Lana being one or not. She seems to be happy of how she lives her relationships with men, she's not oppressed or anything so I guess she follows her choices. 

SCARFACE2371.png