StationToStation

FKA twigs

So I found a last.fm link of electric affection months ago and the producer of that song is Robert logan, he also produced for lana, but I messaged him on souncloud months ago if he could post the song and I got a reply today and he had it on private but everyone can listen to it now. So enjoy this unreleased song of FKA twigs xx

Listen on Soundcloud.com

If you hadn't shared this, I wonder how long, or if it would've ever even came to our attention. Thanks for this.

So I found a last.fm link of electric affection months ago and the producer of that song is Robert logan, he also produced for lana, but I messaged him on souncloud months ago if he could post the song and I got a reply today and he had it on private but everyone can listen to it now. So enjoy this unreleased song of FKA twigs xx

thank u!

i asked him more stuff about the work between him and twigs and i got a reply back:

"Hi, Nice questions - it's good to hear back from you. If I'm remembering correctly, I met Twigs through myspace, as she was on that site searching out producers to try ideas out with. This was in 2008. She soon came over to my studio after a couple of messages and phone calls and Electric Affection was actually the first track we did. It came suddenly, out of a lot of free, spontaneous and super-great energy...involved much furious MPC bashing and machine tweaking and 'what would happen if?' type experimentation. It was really fun. She was really lovely and energising and patient even when got lost in editing sounds/music on the screen away from the hardware for hours! We actually ended up doing 4 or 5 other full tracks together through that year and a bit, and I like what we came up with. Many enjoyable times in the studio. I think I will dig those out and upload some of them here for streaming as time goes on... I have all the files somewhere, though now on another machine! I then got lost in exploring some other musical ideas and went abroad and we kind of lost contact. Her current sound is amazing, and strangely I think that's the direction we might have gone in had she wanted that then. So it's great to hear the brilliantly textural sonics she pursued in the end. Good stuff! All the best to you.... Robert."

It's so cool that she was trying all those different, mainstream-driven things around 2008-2010 like Bumper and Walk Til You're Dead and yet she was doing what would evolve to her current sound like Electric Affection. That makes me so much more curious about the stuff lost throughout the years, her Myspace songs and whatnot.

自由になる自由がある

does anyone know of a masterlist with every song she has? including rares and unreleased???

I have one, I posted the link a few pages back. I'll update this post with a link (once i update the masterpost)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zXMBt2IBo2fkh6Yi1QOHdrS21KQVd4dHRwNURSeW5YTjVpQm1MMkRrTTAzRzdUY3VfTjA

Also a few months late on posting this, but I got LP1 + One Time! 

6RvhieB.jpg

Edited by West Coast

lmao i've had this exact item on my wish list for like ever. does it come with the art prints?

yup, and also a magnifying card (bc she printed the lyrics really small) and that has a digital download code on it too!