StationToStation

FKA twigs

New reply!

"Hi,

Many apologies that it has taken me this long to respond. Yes, she was a very good person to make music with - very creative and fast at going with the flow! Back then, as far as I could tell, I don't think her current current sound was what she had in mind (unless it was there but I simply didn't discern it!) She seemed more keen to experiment with various styles and sounds and references - but did have clear vision and ambition. Actually, interestingly, there was much more of an emphasis on a punk-ey kind of raw sound / new wave / post-punk sound...She seemed really interesting in pursuing that at one point.

I do know she was working with one other - maybe more than that - producers at the time we were working together, but I can't remember his name and don't know any more about it. I think I heard one of those songs from another producer once - it sounded good, more guitar based maybe. But my memory is very hazy.

Thanks so much for the words about 'Electric Affection'. It's really lovely to hear that it has brought you enjoyment... She is definitely a very interesting artist, and very original in terms of sound. I've read some people disputing that originality, and they point out other artists that are supposedly similar, but actually those apparent similarities are entirely superficial to my ears. If you listen deeper to the sonics there's a lot of unusual and fresh stuff happening in her tracks.

I know I said I would upload others over time - but at the moment on my current machine I am not seeing the right versions, and I wouldn't want to upload something that isn't representative of how good the music could be! I have a few different machines, though, so let's hope the old music comes up. :-)

All the best to you, and happy listening!

Robert."

So cool that he's sharing his experience with Tahliah! Fun to know that although she was experimenting with everything and what could become her current sound, her vision was far from what it is today.

My friend tried to contact Ian Barter a couple of months back about his stuff with her, specifically the about "original version" of Lights On, but no reply as of right now. :/

自由になる自由がある

Update: Just listened to my vinyl and it has Weak Spot on it twice, and Breathe not on it at alll?????????? It goes Weak Spot, Ache, Hide and then Weak Spot again???????????

is this you

hcIvrkS.png?1