Sign in to follow this  
lola

Bob Leone talks about Lana, Gaga & "So Legit"

Come on, it says he has no money and is living with (and probably taking care of) his elderly mother, that's a sad thing to happen to anyone regardless of whether people like him or not. He probably got paid for this story and they're going to turn into more of a drama. The music industry is cruel, plenty of people end up poor and bitter when their careers don't work out, "So Legit" reeks of similar entitled bitterness. The only thing with this article is that Lana seems awkwardly worked in. 

i feel sorry for bob, he sounds like a nice guy who just wanted to help young artists. maybe gaga wasn't contractually obliged to pay him but i understand that he's disappointed after mentoring her for so long. i expected lana to give him some $$ too though, she has plenty. i hope they're in contact.

There still in contact or they were in February, he went to her show in NY

Yep, I remember the website with the auctions... :( I really wish someone like Matthew from Gaga Front Row had bought it so we could have a better chance of listening to the songs, like he did with the "Kandy Life" leak.

I am ∞% sure he kept copies of the CDs, though, otherwise he'd be the dumbest person in the universe.

He didn't. I don't know why, but I recall reading that he "wasn't allowed" to have copies of the CDs. :/

Despite this, I once heard that "Kisses Are Quarters" was "in someone's circulation." This is from one of the CDs Leone was selling, so it's possible there are other copies out there (in the basements of New York Hipsters). However, the odds of us ever hearing these songs are dismally low.

He didn't. I don't know why, but I recall reading that he "wasn't allowed" to have copies of the CDs. :/

Despite this, I once heard that "Kisses Are Quarters" was "in someone's circulation." This is from one of the CDs Leone was selling, so it's possible there are other copies out there (in the basements of New York Hipsters). However, the odds of us ever hearing these songs are dismally low.

Well, even if he really wasn't allowed to keep copies of the CDs, I'm sure he did it. He could have simply ripped the CDs to his computer and burned them to another CD-rom without no-one even knowing about it.

I don't think we're hearing any of these songs anytime soon. People hoard Gaga's songs for years before they eventually leak, and I never heard of anyone that had "Kisses Are Quarters." It's a pity, some of her old material is quite interesting to me.

Brought* :pls:

:diva:  I AM HAVING A TOUGH DAY OKAY

You can help people improve their English without rude emoticons, just sayin  :teehee:

I appreciate you sticking up for me it's joke though between us :) 

She's my friend, she wouldn't mind.  :usrs:

[cola reference] :blush2:

god knows I tried

I remember frequenting GGD and seeing those demo tapes on auction, and being at a couple of hours taken off...

It's just so scary how we all get to see the true side of Lady GaGa after all this time of the "queen of anti bullying" bullshit. It's so dark...

I remember frequenting GGD and seeing those demo tapes on auction, and being at a couple of hours taken off...

It's just so scary how we all get to see the true side of Lady GaGa after all this time of the "queen of anti bullying" bullshit. It's so dark...

Do you not see how one-sided this (and any attempts of drama towards her by people from her past) is?

Interested if Bob did paint Lana's perspective of Gaga a bit or if that's just a press move. Otherwise you'd think "So Legit" would mention something about being a selfish bitch :teehee:

this guy sounds like a sad sack- a hanger on. Everyone who has grievances with her success always uses her "transformation" into Gaga as this monumental moment where she became "a different human being." It's all bullshit. She's a hard-working singer songwriter from new york who busts her ass off and has tried to make music for YEARS and YEARS because it was her only dream.

This guy sounds like somebody who's unable to take responsibility. There are NO victims in this industry except for talented artists who get jerked around by labels/managers/producers. Artists works get stollen all the time- and then when an artist FINALLY makes it- 10,000 "mentors," "ex-managers," "ghost writers," etc come out of the WOOD WORK to try to take a piece of credit for someone else's hard work and success.

Give me a fucking break.