Sitar

Tropico Premiere on Vevo

I like it, completely pretentious of course lol, but it's still enoyable for what it is, a surreal little art film that doesn't always makes sense but has some interesting imagery and themes here and there with some cute B movie set design. I'll definitly watch it again, but i still think RIDE is her best video project to date.

I love some of the editing though, the transition when she bites the apple to flashes of the strip club after she is damned is cool, and she looks gorgeous in the black top at the end in the car with the shots of the baptism, the musical score during then is nice too, same with the intro, i assume that's the 'Tropico' music?.....very beautiful. The Bel Air portion is also very nice, that could work as a video all by itself.

It's 25 minutes of Lana surrounded by copies of The Paradise Edition masturbating over the BTD era with a comb stuck in her hair and a kettle whistle blowing in the kitchen lol, it's certainly a "go out with a bang" exit for the era, i'll give her that.

x.

ok...I'm a bit overwhelmed by all those new information like Ultraviolence, her engagement/marriage/pregnancy (??!!)... :wat: :raven:

But when is Tropico gonna be released on Youtube? Anybody knows it? Because somehow I don't want to watch it before it's official release. (I know it's dumb and senseless but I waited for it so long so it won't kill me if I wait a few hours more.)

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

ok...I'm a bit overwhelmed by all those new information like Ultraviolence, her engagement/marriage/pregnancy (??!!)... :wat: :raven:

But when is Tropico gonna be released on Youtube? Anybody knows it? Because somehow I don't want to watch it before it's official release. (I know it's dumb and senseless but I waited for it so long so it won't kill me if I wait a few hours more.)

in 5 hours on her vevo

_______________________-

In my opinion, we shouldn't look at this mini movie as a fun thing, she cleared up yesterday at the premiere when she gave out those paper things explaining the whole thing that she wrapped up the Born To Die ERA/s with this movie, paying homage to legends, to her inspirations, thanking them in her own way, in her own artistic visions, with her favourite poems over an epic musical!

I really loved it, watched it few times, ill still watch it, I applaud her for this, it is really a piece of art, no one can do it like her, period.

PS: she is coming to slay next year :)

so i was able to hand her a note. i wrote at the end: "come to lanaboards.com if you wanna observe a more concentrated brand of infatuation"     

i gave it to her in this little pouch i found at a vintage store in LA. it was perfect cause she used tons of clips from the NY world's fair in several of her gramma videos 

!B6,8R6Q!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!hUEyrsppfOHBM)RWh2

i hope she actually reads it. i think she's likely to since no one else was handing her stuff, whereas at concerts people are literally tossing piles of shit at her 

ZRBNill.jpg

so i was able to hand her a note. i wrote at the end: "come to lanaboards.com if you wanna observe a more concentrated brand of infatuation"     

i gave it to her in this little pouch i found at a vintage store in LA. it was perfect cause she used tons of clips from the NY world's fair in several of her gramma videos 

!B6,8R6Q!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!hUEyrsppfOHBM)RWh2

i hope she actually reads it. i think she's likely to since no one else was handing her stuff, whereas at concerts people are literally tossing piles of shit at her 

I hope she does come here! nice writing :D

oh gee I didn't like it  :teehee: I feel like the description from good ole Monicker fit it too well, I knew she was gonna go with this but I thought she'd approach it in an interesting way. To me the storyline felt really forced and kinda idk simplistic ~ but there are some nice visuals, I wish there were more continuous frames (?) rather than cut bits, I was trying to appreciate Lana gliding around that pole and couldn't focus lol

(referring to this gem) 

Naw, you guys, DON'T U GET IT, DUDE? Eve is Lana -- the beautiful, flawless, classy Lana in white that we all know and love!!! And stripping = THE LOSS OF INNOCENCE, HELLO? Because stripping is BAD. It is a desecration of our earthly vessels. FUCK STRIPPERS AND FUCK LOWER INCOME LATINOS.  

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I honestly think Tropico is tacky. Lana is a pretty woman, but we established that a long time ago. This movie seemed like nothing to me but honey-glossed candy floss.  :noparty:

...still mad about the aspect ratio though. The transitions into the songs could've been more fluid, overall it wasn't disappointing but I'm not blown away  :teehee:

I whole-heartedly agree with this statement. I think the aspect ratio was good for nothing, thus making it an odd choice. If it supported the visuals, I could understand, but instead it felt like I was Peeping Tom watching through a small gap.  :cuteface:  I think the music compositions leading up to the songs were lacking as well, it gave it a broken feeling that the gap-compositions and songs weren't flowing.

The visuals were amazing, still mad about the aspect ratio though. The transitions into the songs could've been more fluid, overall it wasn't disappointing but I'm not blown away  :teehee:

I've not seen it yet - are the songs new versions?

I can't believe it you are guys are watching! #WaitforTropicoOnVevo ( true is i am at work right now and I can't watch so I'm jealous)

But I'm kinda dissapointed with the comments, which could be a good thing because I was TOO excited.

I've not seen it yet - are the songs new versions?

no

I can't believe it you are guys are watching! #WaitforTropicoOnVevo ( true is i am at work right now and I can't watch so I'm jealous)

But I'm kinda dissapointed with the comments, which could be a good thing because I was TOO excited.

don't let the comments ruin your experience, it is EPIC! its not the usual music videos u see on Youtube! just wait for it! its perfection!

Only a few hours left...  :party:  :party:

I'm ignoring the bad comments because I just know that it's going to be epic !! I don't know one single artist in the entire world who is such a genius in making music videos like Lana.. Like really, I think we're all a little used to Lana's Marilyn/Elvis/Gangster/Heaven thing but can you imagine anyone writing such insane, weird, beautiful stuff ? I can't ! 

Bow down to the queen  :worship:  :godlaugh:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx