Sitar

Tropico Premiere on Vevo

OMG @ you've beaten me to it! Nooooo :crying2:

Anyway this is perfect and should be sent to Interscope straightaway in order to show them how to promote Cola as a single and Tropico at once. That's not going to happen, though... :pft:

And...I don't wanna hear anyone say that Cola wouldn't have fit in TROPICO! This slays every song that was featured and it's just so fucking intense...I can't contain myself... :grinds:

Totally, I mean it would totally fit in it and slay the hell out of it!!1 gosh, I think we wont get over it!

@COLACUNTyour Cola video is so good, but I was thinking you could used the scene right before Gods and Monsters start where they show starts shining in the black sky where she says "Harvy's in the sky with diamonds and its making me crazy" :D

Has anyone posted the interview with Anthony Mandler.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/12/06/a-qa-with-the-director-of-lana-del-reys-tropico-video/

Some great material. He also mentions that he thinks the 'farewell' was to the character of Lana Del Rey, as in the character she's been playing since she stepped into the spotlight.

i don't think he necessarily means a farewell to "lana del rey" since she's been lana del rey/ray since like...2008/2009? maybe he's talking about the whole gangsta nancy sinatra/50s/"degenerate beauty queen" image. i think it's really interesting that he talked about a character but i'm not entirely sure what that says about the lyrics in born to die and paradise. and maybe lana del ray (in the aka album) and may jailer were also characters? she always said she saw lana del rey as an art project, i guess tropico is her final work of art for this lana del rey project. so...will she change her name?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i take it as her just moving towards more stripped back stuff? like black beauty. sometimes i think it's a mix of  ~artistic evolution~ and her wanting to put out stuff that won't be  judged so harshly. ''boo it's overproduced garbage'' etc. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

i don't think he necessarily means a farewell to "lana del rey" since she's been lana del rey/ray since like...2008/2009? maybe he's talking about the whole gangsta nancy sinatra/50s/"degenerate beauty queen" image. i think it's really interesting that he talked about a character but i'm not entirely sure what that says about the lyrics in born to die and paradise. and maybe lana del ray (in the aka album) and may jailer were also characters? she always said she saw lana del rey as an art project, i guess tropico is her final work of art for this lana del rey project. so...will she change her name?

Maybe go back to Lizzy Grant? More of stuff like "Fordham Road".

Maybe go back to Lizzy Grant? More of stuff like "Fordham Road".

hm, i don't think she would move backwards

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I just burned Tropico on 1080 HD onto a dvd

:lordejesus:

It shall live on.

What is all this talk about changing her name ........... :horror:??????
I think you all need to take a hit of mary or take a shot because this crazy talk is too much :judgingu2:

:candy:

And I dont think she will reuse any songs that have leaked.....more matter how much love and passion I have for some of them :suicide:

lol she wont change her name, after all the success she got now!

as for Anthony's interview, he meant it was a farewell for her first era, BTD/Paradise both were for the same era, she closed that book, now its time for the book of Ultraviolence!

the universe is not ready!

even tho I don't want her to change her style a lot!

Maybe BTD was just the beginning and Ultraviolence will be the commercial awesome generic slay-the-charts club-banger filled album we have come to expect from her?  :creep: 

(Okay I know that won't happen, but how cool would it be. The new album will sound like Paradise just better, if that interviewer from way back was right)

After viewing Tropico several times now, I have to say I really like it more and more.

The "Bel Air"-part is sooooo perfect :flutter:

It's something special. It would also be great if it was released on an official DVD.

Looking forward for Ultraviolence now :yesnod: