lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I'm kind of hoping she'll put the past behind her with this album and stop singing about boyfriends from ten years ago, maybe sing about Barrie, the backlash she received, fame, life in L.A., stuff like that. I mean it's a wonder how many songs she has gotten from singing about her experiences from 18 to like 25. I think I've said something like this before but whatever this thread is huge and idek when I said it.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Also, a title like "Paradise Lost" seems like it closes out Paradise nicely and sets a tone.  The old is gone and this is dark and violent.  It's also kind of "beginner's pretentious" literature which, no offense, Lana would be into.  Like Howl or I Sing the Body Electric from Leaves of Grass.  She pulls from pretty accessible literary classics that people read in high school is what I mean be "beginner's prentention", I guess.  Bad choice of words but there you go.

u6pq4c9.gif

Also, a title like "Paradise Lost" seems like it closes out Paradise nicely and sets a tone.  The old is gone and this is dark and violent.  It's also kind of "beginner's pretentious" literature which, no offense, Lana would be into.  Like Howl or I Sing the Body Electric.  She pulls from pretty accessible literary classics that people read in high school is what I mean be "beginner's prentention", I guess.  Bad choice of words but there you go.

But Paradise and Tropico were about paradise lost.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I love the majority of music Lana creates, and I know right now her music has become 'cinematic', but does anyone just want her to revert to her old bubble-pop jazzy songs ?? I'm dying for a record like that with Hundred Dollar Bill // Heavy Hitter .. such great songs.

hs877o.jpgbaby needs a new fur. 

Also, a title like "Paradise Lost" seems like it closes out Paradise nicely and sets a tone.  The old is gone and this is dark and violent.  It's also kind of "beginner's pretentious" literature which, no offense, Lana would be into.  Like Howl or I Sing the Body Electric from Leaves of Grass.  She pulls from pretty accessible literary classics that people read in high school is what I mean be "beginner's prentention", I guess.  Bad choice of words but there you go.

Maybe we are just wrong. "Paradise Lost" is the name of  Raqib Shaw´s (the painter of the pic) exhibition in NY. Emile just was amazed and posted it. He deleted Moy´s comment because he didnt want to mislead people.  :crazy:

Honestly, I'm still quite unsure what Ultraviolence will sound like. I think there will be less Beauty Queen/Gangster songs like there were on BTD. However, I can imagine that we will still get some religion related ones (Tropico seems to play an important role in her life, but on the other hand you can rarely find many more religious references in older songs, so maybe it was just the Paradise era) and also a lot of love songs for Barrie. No matter what I don't think the album is going to sound happier and a sadcore tone will reign.

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

When she had an idea of making a new album she said the lyrics would be more "stripped down" and spiritual too I believe but a name such as ULTRAVIOLENCE is so dark so I'm curious to hear her new stuff, I hope the title plays a big role with the theme. This is suspense she needs to give us a hint

Honestly, I'm still quite unsure what Ultraviolence will sound like. I think there will be less Beauty Queen/Gangster songs like there were on BTD. However, I can imagine that we will still get some religion related ones (Tropico seems to play an important role in her life, but on the other hand you can rarely find many more religious references in older songs, so maybe it was just the Paradise era) and also a lot of love songs for Barrie. No matter what I don't think the album is going to sound happier and a sadcore tone will reign.

I think she said she's more spiritual than religious. Like, she believes in god but I wouldn't say she's necessarily Christian or Catholic even though she may have been raised Catholic. I think the Adam & Eve story line were just something she used to tell her own story.

Maybe we are just wrong. "Paradise Lost" is the name of  Raqib Shaw´s (the painter of the pic) exhibition in NY. Emile just was amazed and posted it. He deleted Moy´s comment because he didnt want to mislead people.  :crazy:

Raqib's art is beautiful

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Why are people so against Barrie being on the album? I think their voices mesh quite well together... but that's just my opinion.   :pft: He would also get more exposure. 

devUz2O.png