lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

It has been confirmed fake like 200 times lol.

Imagine if Pitbull ft. Lana Del Rey because Interscope forced it  :troll:

Goddamn, it. I would've LOVED a 17 track deluxe edition. It may have already been posted in this thread, but it has like, 35 pages and HELL no, am I going to look through every single page lol

That would be really bad, it would be that one track on every album that I hate and I skip. (Miley Cyrus's '4x4', Avril Lavigne's 'Let Me Go', Lorde's 'A World Alone'...)

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

But according to LDRO Interscope dropped her for So Legit :troll:

Wtf? It was leaked. It wasn't like she was MEANING for it to get out. She was probably never going to even release it, anyway. This is why I fucking hate most record labels... She needs to make her own or Avril Lavigne does (I'm a HUGE Avril fan... don't judge lmao) and they need to sign each other and collab and I would die. I would literally like, die lol I love them both more than any other music artist... <333 Anyway, Lana could do that after this album if she really wanted to, she's successful enough.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Wtf? It was leaked. It wasn't like she was MEANING for it to get out. She was probably never going to even release it, anyway. This is why I fucking hate most record labels... She needs to make her own or Avril Lavigne does (I'm a HUGE Avril fan... don't judge lmao) and they need to sign each other and collab and I would die. I would literally like, die lol I love them both more than any other music artist... <333 Anyway, Lana could do that after this album if she really wanted to, she's successful enough.

it was a joke

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Emile posted a photo of some cherubs/angels(??) with the caption 'Paradise Lost' and I commented 'LANA??' on the photo and he deleted my comment.

3044da847b3511e38bfa12a09f5eb088_8.jpg

SO...?

1. Paradise Lost = new song title?

2. Ultraviolence cover?

This actually looks "ultraviolenc-y". The sweet love of cherubs but with violence  :O  or am I going mad??  :facepalm:

Found it! http://www.sothebys.com/es/news-video/blogs/all-blogs/on-india/2013/12/raqib-shaw-paradise-lost.html

image.png

Hmm...

So it might not even be related to Lana at all. Emile might have just been strolling through an art gallery hah! But Lana had the painting ' The Garden of Eden' tie in with the Paradise artwork (the back cover); could this be something similar? Asian influences? Are we getting an album full of Maha Mahas?

tumblr_mz9rwqADTL1qerg8so1_500.jpg

(Edit by me! Hollaaa)

Emile posted a photo of some cherubs/angels(??) with the caption 'Paradise Lost' and I commented 'LANA??' on the photo and he deleted my comment.

SO...?

2. Ultraviolence cover?

I like that you left out that the cherubs have ape faces :lel:

Hmm... So it might not even be related to Lana at all. Emile might have just been strolling through an art gallery hah! But Lana had the painting ' The Garden of Eden' tie in with the Paradise artwork (the back cover); could this be something similar? Asian influences? Are we getting an album full of Maha Mahas? tumblr_mz9rwqADTL1qerg8so1_500.jpg(Edit by me! Hollaaa)

That looks great!

BMB3rn6.png

SO...?

2. Ultraviolence cover?

Actually "Paradise" the title was recently registered as cowritten with Emile Haynie, and it's never been confirmed as the song we already have. Not the first time an old song appears registered later ("Queen of Disaster"), but we know she loves that word and it's a possibility of being something else entirely. Maybe this is connected.

But "Ultraviolence" will have a different theme, I mean, paradise lost can be represented by gods and monsters, so it will not be something differente (I know that it's confusing what I said and sorry for the bad english)

SO...?

2. Ultraviolence cover?

Rude Emile ! He posts Paradise Lost which is a typical Lana expression and gets angry when someone comments her name only...

That picture is... scary. I think I'm going to have nightmares about it  :facepalm:  If this actually has something to do with Ultraviolence... :deadbanana:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I dont think Lana will come back to Paradise theme with her new record. Anyway, the pictures are gorgeous. Utopia, but I wouldnt mind if Raqib Shaw made Ultraviolence cover - in a similar way how Gaga used Koons for Artpop cover. It would slay  :diva:

Or maybe Emile is just fascinated by the similar art things and themes as Lana.

This actually looks "ultraviolenc-y". The sweet love of cherubs but with violence  :O  or am I going mad??  :facepalm:

You are actually right, its very ultraviolenc-y. A lot of his animal characters are captured in a deep emotion, often in a weird "peaceful" angry, roaring and demanding - accompanied by beautiful oriental and natural themes - flowers in blossom, blue sky or under water with colourful corals... He connects ultraviolence and raw animal instincts with beauty.

21oqazk.jpg

2pts3sm.jpg

his installation:

Raqib-Shaw-installation-view-at-Manchest

I don't know why any of you don't think she'll still sing about similar motifs.  I'm sure there will be new ideas but she's not going to throw out religious imagery, postwar era nostalgia, money and wealth, etc. -- those are just too broad and part of Lana's niche in the whole pop scene.  I think some of you hold onto "an end to the BTD era" a little too tightly, almost as if she'll become a completely different artist or something.  She's been running those themes since AKA and I don't think they're competely going away.  New ideas and themes...yes, but don't put your panties in a twist if she mentions Coney Island or a "Daddy" with a drug problem that lives wrecklessly.  You know what I mean. There will be growth in her lyrics and the sound will be cohesive to the album, that's all I expect. 

u6pq4c9.gif