lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Credited collectively to Hole but only preformed by Hole written by Courtney Love and Eric Erlandson and apparently polished/finished by Kurt Cobain. It's about Billy Corgan,

I don't know I can see the influence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_rfGBwamc

I think Kurt had a lot to do with that album Old Age is actually his song but he was never credited for it.

He wrote the song originally but he didn't want to use it so he gave it to Courtney and she rewrote all the lyrics and changed some stuff.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

He wrote the song originally but he didn't want to use it so he gave it to Courtney and she rewrote all the lyrics and changed some stuff.

Cause he is lovely

I don't think Courtney really changed it, I've got Kurt's original and it sounds pretty much the same.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

So I just saw this and need some clarification. I wanna be skeptical but her stuff leaks allll the time . . .attachicon.gifa3bcf1006dba11e3b5a2128e826a17e6_6.jpg Ehh hopefully its not too small :/

AlSo, 'Violet Princess' -> She Was Indigo ?

woah wait how legit can we trust that picture to be?

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA

So I just saw this and need some clarification. I wanna be skeptical but her stuff leaks allll the time . . .attachicon.gifa3bcf1006dba11e3b5a2128e826a17e6_6.jpg Ehh hopefully its not too small :/

AlSo, 'Violet Princess' -> She Was Indigo ?

Don't forget the deluxe edition tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75A0A76xRtc

:troll:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

It's too early to tell about any of this.  I think the only title we actually have is "Living Legend", outside of what we've heard ("Black Beauty" and AFFA).  And with the way Lana's catalog is, who knows if it'll even make the cut for the album.

u6pq4c9.gif

if black beauty doesn't make it onto ultraviolence i don't know what i'll do. i like how much focus is on the words because of the lack of lyrics - the first song similar to this that comes to my mind is kill kill. and her voice in the song is just oh my god 

i do hope there are more upbeat tracks on the album though 

I really love Black Beauty.  It reminds me of Leonard Cohen and I think Lana would take that highly.  My only concern is BB and AFFA sound pretty similar; both have that chanteuse style with very similar structures.  Given Barrie's love of Serge Gainsboug, I can see Lana and him modeling themselves after Gainsbourg and Birkin a bit.  Ultraviolence evokes clubby and upbeat with sinister overtones to me, but I don't think we'll get that.  I'm sure there'll be upbeat tracks but it's interesting -- I like the title as it works on a lot of levels.  You could even shorten it to LDR|UV or something.  I have a feeling the art direction is going to be a letdown but the songs will be good. 

u6pq4c9.gif

If she spreads out the ballads and does end up including a decent mix of upbeat tracks, the album would be easy to listen to. I love Born to Die in every way, but sometimes listening to the album all the way through gets tiring (if that makes sense). I have a feeling Ultraviolence, will change things up. I just honestly hope her lyrics take a more mature turn like they did in Black Beauty. I mean, c'mon, some people find the song boring, but admit it, those lyrics slay compared to some of her other songs (in the sense of a more mature direction).

I'm sure there will be upbeat tracks.
There always are, they are needed for the structure of the album.

Plus, Ultraviolence sounds less serious than "Born to Die", and even that had it's upbeat material.

It looks reliable but I'm more than sure that Ultraviolence will not be released in March  :agree2:

Thinking the same. So many releases for that date. On the other hand, when she announced it, it didn't really sound like it's gonna be a summer / autumn release. It sounded like it won't take long. So, I really don't know.  :hdu:

Thinking the same. So many releases for that date. On the other hand, when she announced it, it didn't really sound like it's gonna be a summer / autumn release. It sounded like it won't take long. So, I really don't know.  :hdu:

remember that:

TROPICO. coming soon

:oopna:  :mj3:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx