lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

lmao not if we all decided to stop talking about it. think before you actually post stuff.

okay mum.

im outie

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I have to say I'm perpetually amused by how many of you bend over backwards and contort yourselves in knots to rationalize comments of hers like these or the fetishization of domestic violence in her work ("oh, she's just into S&M"), or to defend her against charges of being antifeminist (or at least insufficiently feminist). My enjoyment of her work doesn't depend on this very much so I don't feel compelled to deny what is undeniably a current in her work or abstain from criticism of it.

Because if she's actually singing about abusive relationships and we still like her music, what does that say about us?  :xgiggle: 

I think that is why critically discussing art is so interesting and important. Lana is exploring some seriously dark themes, but doing it in a way so it appeals to lots of people. Or in the case of feminism: I'm guessing most people on this board agree on the basic principles of feminism, yet we are really into the music of a woman that sings about submission constantly. Why is that? Why does glamourized darkness, or beautiful tragedy or whatever you wanna call it appeal to us?

Some people decide that they don't wanna listen to an artist like that, because she's not politcally correct or will bend the meaning of Lana's lyrics so they can justify still liking her. That is totally ok. 

As long as we can all agree that Lana has every right to write the songs she do 

(This got a little out of a tangent but I feel like it still has some relevance to Ultraviolence)

45d38fa5c69293d09bc1be5c30cb6309.jpg

Can this thread talk about something relevant other than people's personal opinions on merely speculation of what her personal beliefs are on the topic of violence? If you like it cool, if you don't, also cool. Lana isn't going to change her beliefs based on any of your comments anyways. 

So she's working on a new photoshoot. Thoughts, expectations, hopes?

I think i might have fallen in love with u  :hooker:

But I love it the meaning and everything I love where she is comming from I really like this direction 

I sing, for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it's so passionate that it becomes aggressive. It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion.

Based on the actual comment in the article, I feel pretty confident in saying that she's likely using domestic abuse as a metaphor for aggressively passionate love and not actually advocating it as a kink of hers or anything. That said, it's still a problematic metaphor to use, but I don't think it's any more that that.

And I will never win the fight in trying to get you guys to post news in new news threads, will I? Articles count as separate news from now on~

if ultraviolence turns out to be about BDSM, i'll set my stan card on fire. fetishizing abuse is terrible & the reason i don't listen to songs like 'push me down' or 'beautiful player' anymore. ugh. i was hoping she'd moved past that ('don't treat me rough, treat me really nice'). we'll see.

a  -  m  -  e  -  r  -  i  -  c  -  a    /    all i wanna do is   p  l  a  y

Will not be it an intentionally rumor for the date June 2nd? Has he the right for reveal that? I don't think so and it doesn't to him to announce that...(in my opinion)I suppose that it will be like west coast,2-3 days before.

I wait the confirmation of Rob or Lana or both xD

(I don't speak very well english, I did one's best with a dictionary)

if ultraviolence turns out to be about BDSM, i'll set my stan card on fire. fetishizing abuse is terrible & the reason i don't listen to songs like 'push me down' or 'beautiful player' anymore. ugh. i was hoping she'd moved past that ('don't treat me rough, treat me really nice'). we'll see.

How can you Push me down is such a bop :hooker:

If you don't like how she treats this then you should react the same for how she treats Lolita-like relationships because it's much more fucked up imo then mentioning rough sex. 

SCARFACE2371.png

BDSM is not fetishizing abuse? It's done between two (or more I guess) consenting parties whereas abuse is forced upon the victim. There are other differences too, but at the end of the day they are completely different!

ANYWAY, regardless of what her photoshoots are for I'm SO excited to be getting new photos of her! The Ultraviolence era is really coming into full swing! :D

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Will not be it an intentionally rumor for the date June 2nd? Has he the right for reveal that? I don't think so and it doesn't to him to announce that...(in my opinion)I suppose that it will be like west coast,2-3 days before.

I wait the confirmation of Rob or Lana or both xD

(I don't speak very well english, I did one's best with a dictionary)

I don't know, it was a BBC radio show I believe and since they premiered West Coast I wouldn't be surprised if they were also given the information for Ultraviolence's release date as well to announce.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

If you don't like how she treats this then you should react the same for how she treats Lolita-like relationships because it's much more fucked up imo then mentioning rough sex. 

i don't like that either? 

BDSM is not fetishizing abuse? It's done between two (or more I guess) consenting parties whereas abuse is forced upon the victim. There are other differences too, but at the end of the day they are completely different!

lol not going to derail this thread w/that debate but bdsm is literally fetishizing abuse. what do you call getting off to hurting someone else/getting hurt yourself? yes there is "consent" but it doesn't change the fact that harm is being done. & please don't tell me i don't know what i'm talking about bcos i used to be a huge bdsm supporter, so.

i love lana's music and all but i don't have to agree with everything she sings about. 

a  -  m  -  e  -  r  -  i  -  c  -  a    /    all i wanna do is   p  l  a  y

I sing, for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it's so passionate that it becomes aggressive. It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored, I like people with emotion.

Hi I'm Lana I want to take women back to the 1800's by trying to glamorize and make domestic abuse sexy. I'll make a huge impression on a lot of venerable young females and males who don't know any better, cause I'm so fucking bored and brain dead that I can only feel emotion when someone is beating the shit out of me, bonus i'll be safe whilst doing this and be making a shit load of money at the same time. Enjoy Ultraviolence :smokes2:

[iMAGE REMOVED]

Some people have a reason to get fucking salty!

no tea no shade but r do u like lana/ her music?

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

And I will never win the fight in trying to get you guys to post news in new news threads, will I? Articles count as separate news from now on~

I don't know, people usually complain about too many threads, and since the article is mainly about Ultraviolence I thought it would fit here. Didn't really expect such reactions though.