lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

No, Lana's voice is not deep at all. I think it's good that she's singing with her middle and high range more because that's her natural voice. You can tell she's faking/pushing her voice to sound lower but she fails 80% of the time. If not look at Summertime Sadness/Ride she hits the lowest note at least 7 times in each song but live she can't even do it once!

She even had to change the key of the song in the US tour to handle singing that way so many times.

She should embrace her high voice, cause that's where she sounds the most beautiful and natural. If she keeps pushing out low notes/trying to sound deep she will end up destroying her voice.

Well, even tough she can sing very high notes, I always feel like lana's voice has an overall deep sound, even when she uses her high/mid voice (eg. she sings very high in some Body Electric live performances, still she doesn't sound like a Birdy). I mean, during the WC/Shades of Cool/Ultraviolence verses her voice sounds deep too, comparable to Born To Die or Video Games. And i like that she keeps her style at least in some ways, I woulnd't like it if she began to sing like in her May Jailer - times again ...

The only "different" kind of voice she uses 8and still uses) is the more girly-one, like in Lolita, Diet mountain Dew, Off To The Races and seemingly Brooklyn Baby.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I honestly hope it leaks

It's out in 13 days though? Seriously, in Europe it's out on the 13th and then you can just download it while you wait for your physical copy. 

Lana Del Rey is known for her voice (her DEEP voice on VG turned heads and put her on the map). He ruins it completely.

That thinking doesn't make any sense - artist have to evolve their vocally, lyrically and sonically (:creep:) otherwise their music will become repetitive and stale. It doesn't matter if her deep voice made her famous - having that deep voice for the rest of her songs wouls get tiring very easily. Lana's clearly capable of evolving because of the numerous different styles she's sung in (May Jailer folk era, Lizzy Grant 'surf noir' era, pop tracks eg. Behind Closed Doors, hip-hop-esque Born to Die etc), so it would only make sense for her to continue to adapt and change her styles as she sees, or feels, fit.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know what the problem is, it's not as if she would only sing high-pitched in UV ... She still hits some deep notes. She has a different style on the record (would be boring otherway) but it's still Lana Del Rey. She didn't changed to Lizzy or May or some other alter-ego, she still does music in LDR style.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Really? :D

LOL Father.

Dan Auerbach doesn't know how to mix vocals... Bye

Even on his records he sounds like shit but no one cares because he's a male and most people listen to him don't care about the "vocals"

So he gets a pass

Lana Del Rey is known for her voice (her DEEP voice on VG turned heads and put her on the map). He ruins it completely.

can u just leave lmfao, so annoying and u are in like all the forums i am, and u make the same stupid comments. 

Srsly? Why don't you just order it online then? :P

I'd love to order it online, but I don't have that much money, 'cause I don't live with my parents and got fired few weeks ago, so I'm still looking for new job... :P Box set is expensive + shipping  :pft:  I guess I'll just download it as soon as possible, but I'd love to buy it so freaking much  :crying4:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I don't want to listen 'til I get my CD or 'til it's officially out on iTunes. (16th :()

But I know I won't. Weak as fuck.

im listening to this on the 12th lol (Australian release) 

Good God, not the Mariah stan again...

The "Mariah stan" has a point tho. Her vocals are horribly horribly horribly horribly mixed.

lABVyGE.png

I loooove the vocal mixing sorry bout it. It's very atmospheric yet still allows for shining moments ("YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU ARE UNFIXABBLLEEEEE"). Let's remember that, although Lana isn't a producer herself, she's said numerous times that she does a lot to describe the exact sound she's going for. It's not like Dan is destroying her vision or anything.

Some of you act like you've never listened to music outside of the overproduced, generic pop realm. You also need to realize that your opinions are just that...opinions.

Other opinions awarded Dan a Grammy for his production skills, and many of us find the mixing to be incredibly beautiful. 

LOL Father.

can u just leave lmfao, so annoying and u are in like all the forums i am, and u make the same stupid comments. 

He/She is totally right... deal with it. HE CAN'T mix her vocals properly...

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Some of you act like you've never listened to music outside of the overproduced, generic pop realm. You also need to realize that your opinions are just that...opinions.

Other opinions awarded Dan a Grammy for his production skills, and many of us find the mixing to be incredibly beautiful. 

Honey pls

Her vocals sounds better in some of her demo songs or even live...

Grammy is probably for instrumental part... :bye2:

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Honey pls

Her vocals sounds better in some of her demo songs or even live...

Grammy is probably for instrumental part... :bye2:

And I think her vocals sound better. Opinions are funny things.

And the Grammy was for the combination of everything.

I am still waiting to decide what to preorder since it seems everyday a new version/product apperars. Do you guys think there's no more surprises?

hmm, i would probably wait a bit longer if i were you. her team might whack out another region exclusive or something

OAjeWdG.jpg?1