lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Well, looks like I'll be downloading the Japan edition of Ultraviolence seeing as it has every track.

Wanna send it once you have it? :eli: I'm still buying the physical edition, but the japan edition will be out days before I can go to the store to buy it, and the japan version comes with 16/16 songs, whereas in the US the cheapest version I have to but comes with 14/16.

:P

We can probably expect reviews to start trickling in beginning next week. Complementary copies of albums are sent to critics ahead of time.

Personal note from Lana attached to each copy:

remember to pepper your irrational hate letter with lots of "sophisticated" words. If only I had the brilliant writing ability all you

fuckwit talented internet critics have!

:hooker:

:kiss:

... Wow lana, calm down.

are there any members with japan itunes who are buying it on itunes? i'd love that version, since it has all of the songs and the physical version i ordered doesn't :(

i think there are some Japanese members

The iTunes preview notes that Lana reflects on "the corruption of money and power." This has always been a theme that interested her, but I hope it is more explicit in this song than, say, NA. Many people, like a certain emo kiwi, misinterpreted those lyrics to mean that she was bragging about a hedonistic lifestyle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2102331/Lana-Del-Rey-plays-diamonds-Lovecat-photo-shoot.html

My second indulgence is diamonds. I have a jeweller in Brooklyn named Uri and he makes me all my custom gold and diamond pieces - grills, triple rings, etc.'

Umm misinterpreted yah whatever

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2102331/Lana-Del-Rey-plays-diamonds-Lovecat-photo-shoot.html

My second indulgence is diamonds. I have a jeweller in Brooklyn named Uri and he makes me all my custom gold and diamond pieces - grills, triple rings, etc.'

Umm misinterpreted yah whatever

She called it her "indulgence."

And wow, a woman buys jewelry. That completely strips her of her right to criticize excess!

The National Anthem lyrics were clearly supposed to be critical of hedonism. The irony of "what's your address," the lines in the bridge about drinking and driving, excessive buying, and overdosing. There's even a reference to the damn Queen of Saigon, the quintessential symbol of excess wealth without substance.

Can someone please copy down the iTunes preview notes or whatever thay are called and post them here? They don't come up on Norwegian iTunes and I'm guessing it's the sa e in most countries.