lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I kind of like that we don't know anything about it. I like when she just springs stuff on us out of the blue. 

Of course, I hope it's sooner rather than later, but I can be patient. 

Lana SAYS she doesn't care about charts but all artists do that, they just say that to appear to be 'all about the music' in an organic way. Look at Lady Gaga recently, "I don't write for the charts" and then got upset when her material began to underperform and got mad at Billboard (I love Gaga, just an example) and there's also plenty of "unsuccessful" indie artists like Santigold who claim that their music is somehow 'raw' and 'deeper' than the mainstream when it's not and you know she would kill for a #1 single. It's obvious that Lana cares more about being successful and being accepted than a lot of people, she wants the #1 albums, even if she claims she doesn't and I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope got on at her for producing a second album. Didn't Paradise sort of underperform for what was essentially a new album? I'm expecting Ultraviolence to release in the first quarter of next year. Interscope want those receipts. 

I don't think Lana is really that interested in selling the most records or her record being Number 1 for 14 weeks like other pop artists are. She had that with Born to Die and it was probably stressful having to promote it so much and having to deal with the backlash to something you love like she did that record. She barely promoted Paradise and in general, we haven't been hearing that much professionally from her this year. I hope she focuses on creating a record she loves and is proud of instead of making something she likes and that will sell well and make her beloved.

She has said several times that she can't be rushed to write new songs and that she want's every song to be perfect for the album, so I mostly agree with you. However I think she is more complex than that. She has also proudly stated that her album is a multi-million seller and " I have even won several awards" She's aware that being a commercial success enables her to make beautiful and expensive music-videos where her dreams and visions comes alive. And don't forget the HM and Jaguar commercials. Other than that, the recent golden globe snub to be followed by an almost certain oscars snub has given me a really bad feeling. And do anyone REALLY believe that they will give her a grammy win. This will have consequences I'm afraid. . .

She has said several times that she can't be rushed to write new songs and that she want's every song to be perfect for the album, so I mostly agree with you. However I think she is more complex than that. She has also proudly stated that her album is a multi-million seller and " I have even won several awards" She's aware that being a commercial success enables her to make beautiful and expensive music-videos where her dreams and visions comes alive. And don't forget the HM and Jaguar commercials. Other than that, the recent golden globe snub to be followed by an almost certain oscars snub has given me a really bad feeling. And does anyone REALLY believe that they will give her a grammy win. This will have consequences I'm afraid. . .

She was being very defensive there and I think she was talking about the backlash she got (not 100% sure though) when she said that, I thought it was a bit immature but whatever. I kind of hope she doesn't win a Grammy or gets nominated for an Oscar tbh. They don't seem to mean that much too her and it'll just pressure her even more. 

Lana SAYS she doesn't care about charts but all artists do that, they just say that to appear to be 'all about the music' in an organic way. Look at Lady Gaga recently, "I don't write for the charts" and then got upset when her material began to underperform and got mad at Billboard (I love Gaga, just an example) and there's also plenty of "unsuccessful" indie artists like Santigold who claim that their music is somehow 'raw' and 'deeper' than the mainstream when it's not and you know she would kill for a #1 single. It's obvious that Lana cares more about being successful and being accepted than a lot of people, she wants the #1 albums, even if she claims she doesn't and I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope got on at her for producing a second album. Didn't Paradise sort of underperform for what was essentially a new album? I'm expecting Ultraviolence to release in the first quarter of next year. Interscope want those receipts. 

Yeah, I know everyone says it without meaning it but I don't think Lana has ever actually said something like that, it's just something I gathered from her not constantly talking about how much she's sold, obsessing over her placing on the iTunes Charts and always pushing her fans to buy her stuff like I've seen with other pop stars. She's been posting Tropico quite a lot but probably because she's really proud of it. I've actually wondered how she got whoever financed this to do it. I mean, it must have cost quite a lot and I doubt it's bringing in that much money. The tickets to the premiere were free and you don't actually make that much money from iTunes sales (I'm surprised how well she's doing in the iTunes charts, I didn't think a lot of people were going to pay for stuff we already have). Regarding Paradise, I think Lana said her label didn't like it that much but she managed to put it out, make a music video for Ride and an entire short film so I guess she has a lot of say in what happens with her career. I think David Kahne or somebody else she worked with also said that she's very stubborn and doesn't just let other people decide stuff for her.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

If all the pessimists on LB are right about approx. release date for UV it spells big troubles for LDR. The long "vacation"' will automatically happen whether Lana wants it or not. Because, let's face it. 1. She can't tour arenas anymore with only old material, Interscope would never allow it. Only us stans would go and watch a second paradise tour. 2. With Tropico she exhausted all possibilities for any more videos from the paradise Ep. So the only thing left for a long time would be the random shots of her doing normal things like taking a walk etc. (just jared and others). People will move on to other artists and stuff, that's the way it works.

I have always believed that LDR is a savvy business woman and a good marketing strategist as well. She knows the importance of keeping the public on their toes. So she "must" release UV early 2014, and by early I mean before the summer. If nothing happens there can only be two reasons in my opinion. 1. She knows that Born to die is a classic. She's worried that the new one will not be as brilliant. So she hesitates. If this is the case someone she trusts should calm her and give her faith, as I am sure UV is great enough.( better than 99% on the charts today). 2. She has lost all inspiration. Then there's nothing anybody can do. I don't believe this is the case though.

I kinda agree with you, but all the spectaculations are going around that her album will be released in Spring (before summer), Pop Justice who always has the news first and have contacts said that she will release the album in spring followed by 2 singles before the album!

I kinda believe that, and its a great time to release :D

She was being very defensive there and I think she was talking about the backlash she got (not 100% sure though) when she said that, I thought it was a bit immature but whatever. I kind of hope sing over her placing on the iTunes Charts and always pushing her fans to buy her stuff like I've seen with other pop stars. She's been posting Tropico quite a lot but probably because she's really proud o). Regarding Paradise, I think Lana said her label didn't like it that much but she managed to put it out, make a music video for Ride and an entire short film so I guess she has a lot of say in what happens with her career. I think David Kahne or somebody else she worked with also said that she's very stubborn and doesn't just let other people decide stuff for her.

I wonder about this too. She said in a really old interview in 2012 that she does what SHE wants in the studio and simply doesn't work with people who interfere with her vision because she has very precise ideas about what she wants the songs to be like. 

And also there is that video where she yells at someone while she is with fans like: "Leave me alone I'm fucking signing things! Let me do it" Or something along those lines and she comes on really strong. So I think she has a tough side we just don't see it often.

Well, with the picture of Dan Heath and now heading to Europe with her guitarist, she is probably much further in the process of recording Ultraviolence than we think.

Apparently, Chuck and Daddy Grant told some fans that she is well-along with the record.

There was a thread about this before the Tropico release, maybe about 2 weeks ago or something like that...the same thread in which it was mentioned that Lana has a habit of sleeping a lot :rock:

I wonder about this too. She said in a really old interview in 2012 that she does what SHE wants in the studio and simply doesn't work with people who interfere with her vision because she has very precise ideas about what she wants the songs to be like. 

And also there is that video where she yells at someone while she is with fans like: "Leave me alone I'm fucking signing things! Let me do it" Or something along those lines and she comes on really strong. So I think she has a tough side we just don't see it often.

Apparently, Chuck and Daddy Grant told some fans that she is well-along with the record.

There was a thread about this before the Tropico release, maybe about 2 weeks ago or something like that...the same thread in which it was mentioned that Lana has a habit of sleeping a lot :rock:

Just like every other artist on a major label, she probably has deadlines to finish something  :rock:

I kinda agree with you, but all the spectaculations are going around that her album will be released in Spring (before summer), Pop Justice who always has the news first and have contacts said that she will release the album in spring followed by 2 singles before the album!

I kinda believe that, and its a great time to release :D

Is it weird for me to think this is too soon? It's just my opinion. And I know Paradise came out a year ago, but I feel like this spring is really soon. I mean, Tropico just wrapped up. We're going straight from goodbye Born to Die, to hello Ultraviolence. I don't know, to be honest, it just seems so soon.

Well, with the picture of Dan Heath and now heading to Europe with her guitarist, she is probably much further in the process of recording Ultraviolence than we think.

But that release information really makes me think that it could be very well into the process. I'm sure before the change from Black Beauty to Ultraviolence (so far as we know) there was a decent amount of demos already recorded, making the change in direction not too difficult. Oh the mystery. What do you expect from this woman anyway.

i'm 99% sure ultraviolence is going to sound more stripped rock

http://instagram.com/p/b3o42DOjqt something like that? 

@@naachoboy I swear I listen to that clip 50 times a day :flutter:

WITH YOU GUYS. I still am praying that this is not just a soundcheck but actually a subtle showcasing of one of the intended songs for Ultraviolence. It is literally the best fourteen seconds of my life and I cannot handle the power of this fantasy.

tumblr_mlx4trXJ2d1sprhdso1_400.gif

I kind of like that we don't know anything about it. I like when she just springs stuff on us out of the blue. 

maybe she'll pull a Beyoncé and the album will come out tomorrow :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

She might do a small string of US dates in Spring then do the summer festival circuit.  So it wouldn't be out of the question to have it out by late Spring-early Summer.  You'll have a few teaser shows for fans and her/the band to test the waters, the album drops, she plays festivals to get the general public into her again.  I think she's going to be at the mercy of the label on this one.

u6pq4c9.gif

She might do a small string of US dates in Spring then do the summer festival circuit.

she announced the dates for this year's tour which started in spring on halloween, i wouldn't expect a tour till fall or 2015

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.