lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

you guys are literally insane believing any decent looking thirsty gay online

i emailed UMG and they responded this morning saying they don't have that edward guy in their system 

i'm gonna start telling everyone i wrote black beauty since y'all believe anything  :toofunny:

thank you ! I think many people have forgotten what Lana has tattooed on her hand  :makeup:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

i emailed UMG and they responded this morning saying they don't have that edward guy in their system

Also, see here.

Could you post a screenshot of their reply so we have this nicely documented?

i'm gonna start telling everyone i wrote black beauty since y'all believe anything  :toofunny:

I'm gonna start telling everyone I wrote ULTRAVIOLENCE. :teehee:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

he produced bel air, blue jeans, the orchestral young & beautiful and i think the score for tropico (and maybe other stuff as well) so yes it's good!

Oh well if he is responsible for Y&B then I am sold, I'm still obsessively listening to that song, it's so perfect :rock:

I had no idea you could just email UMG like that but good call.

His posts just seemed oddly specific, enough to intrigue mr and not discard him as a troll right away, but this certainly doesn't help his credibility.

Sigh, I guess we're back to scratch speculating what UV's gonna sound like.

i work with umg on the daily so i just asked them

www.twitter.com/dominicscott

Do you think that when the album release date is close, we will get a snippet-video like we did with the Paradise edition?

That video is so great I still watch it and the imagery is beautiful as well.

It would be great to have one like that for this album too :pray2:

I remember seeing a youtube video for Break My Fall that listed EG as "writer" and commenting about that in a forum. So he may have contacted that uploader as he did @ with the same request. That particular video was taken down (I suppose, not sure, can't find it). I just wanted to say, he's not listed on BMF at ASCAP (note the *RAY* spelling, which is why I think it doesn't show up under Lana Del Rey). 

23.BREAK MY FALL Work ID: 882356340 ISWC:  Not Assigned

WritersIPI #Current

Affiliation

COOPER MIRANDA    

DEL RAY LANA    

WHITING ANTHONY EDWARD295440645PRS

Publishers / AdministratorsIPI #Current

Affiliation

269137346 PRS

* SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING (UK) LIMITED

* Refer to About ACE - Notice of Limitations

I'd say the amount of negative evidence well exceeds the positive (an understatement).  @ could also say to EG, UMG was emailed and the response indicated he was unknown there. If there's no evidence for him anywhere in songwriting creds, that would be suspicious. 

Topic switch: For those thinking it would be bad form for LDR to release an album with older songs, let me just say, aside from better production of the songs, older material would have a chance for some kind of impact on pop music. As @ suggests, the best case scenario (for a music consumer, like me) is doing both leaked session vols. simultaneously with new releases. It would be a really ballsy thing to do (i.e., how many artists do you know could do that?).

Here's another random thought about "Ultraviolence". What would Kurt do (and what did he actually do)? An album called Incesticide was released after the *wildly* popular Nevermind. This has been described as "retrospective" and "a compilation of out-takes, doodles, and unreleased tracks from the BBC sessions". The quotes are from Sanford (1995, pg. 74, pg. 262 respectively), the biography that most Cobain fans hate. So if LDR has liner notes that are abstractly similar to these (I have Incesticide and verified it), I'd be a little worried:

INB4U? (if that's the way you use that expression).  

Do you think that when the album release date is close, we will get a snippet-video like we did with the Paradise edition?

That video is so great I still watch it and the imagery is beautiful as well.

It would be great to have one like that for this album too :pray2:

hopefully in a much less retarded way! What with the Paradise teaser and the various itunes snippets, we nearly had the entire songs before they were released :defeated:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

@@slang didn't The Weeknd do that, if I'm not mistaken? It would be ballsy, but I feel like her upbeat tracks would be seen as more marketable.

I mean, the short amount of time that Lana has gained popularity (in my area, anyway) is incredible. Sure the attraction was to the Summertime Sadness remix, but it lead a lot of people I know to really like her album in general (leading them to apologize to me for thinking I was crazy for being a Lana stan :crossed:). But those tracks that are more "mainstream" would lead, I think, to a greater outlook on her Born to Die tracks, and subsequent tracks that could possibly be comparatively similar to what has been officially released. I feel good about Ultraviolence. Kind of nervous, but good.

I had no idea you could just email UMG like that but good call.

His posts just seemed oddly specific, enough to intrigue mr and not discard him as a troll right away, but this certainly doesn't help his credibility.

Sigh, I guess we're back to scratch speculating what UV's gonna sound like.

this only further confirms that you can really only have two out of the three:

beauty / intelligence / sanity 

PS POST SCREENSHOTS @@Dominic 

GCsSGu9.png

S8j9Qhz.png

hopefully in a much less retarded way! What with the Paradise teaser and the various itunes snippets, we nearly had the entire songs before they were released :defeated:

Well yeah that was pretty weird, so many parts were released!

I listened the shit out of all of them tho :creepna2: :creepna2: :creepna2:

The email just confirmed what we already knew.

We could have searched ASCAP ourselves tho.

I agree with this point actually. The guy's claiming he's an uncredited lyricist, so of course he wouldn't be listed on those sites. The question that needed to be asked isn't whether UMG reps this guy, but whether this guy works for UMG, and if so, in what capacity.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The guys saying he's repped by UMG. Not that he works there. My emails confirm he doesn't. They would be able to search their own database - AMS to see if they have any songs in their system. Which they don't. He's a fraud.

Lol @ so many of you so easily believing this. What a flop fan base.

i just took a shit. here, have a spoonful 

it wasn't that hard to believe that he worked at or for UMG. i mean, it was strange to me due to his age and everything but if he employed a bit more discretion and professionalism we'd till be curious about the truth 

ZRBNill.jpg