lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

:smokes3:

Where's your enthusiasm?

Anyway: "James Joseph "Whitey" Bulger, Jr. (born September 3, 1929) is an American convicted murderer and former organized crime figure." Sounds like someone Lana would write a song about.

Wait you didn't know who Whitey Bulger was?

EDIT: That sounds incredibly ignorant. Its just that in Massachusetts, there's way too much media coverage on him

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I think he made that clear when he said "list me as the writer and Lana as the artist" that kinda says it all

But she worked with so many differents lyricists and her songs all sound thematically the same. But I do believe she writes her songs, the fact that she recorded a song written by someone else could explain why she has so many songs

But she worked with so many differents lyricists and her songs all sound thematically the same. But I do believe she writes her songs, the fact that she recorded a song written by someone else could explain why she has so many songs

I kinda think she writes her songs herself and then sends it off to be reviewed or 'fixed'. Person who does the 'fixing' gets accredited as co-writer? *scratches head*

edward :crai:

why couldnt HE be the boy in tropico omg can u imagine him bumping and grinding on lana in the garden of eden omgggg

also if anyone has that number  :brows3: id like to uh.. ask him a few more questions about his work

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

I refuse to believe this. I mean, why would she want to use songs we've had for some time now. I'm fine with putting her old songs on that album as long as they're unleaked.

I kinda think she writes her songs herself and then sends it off to be reviewed or 'fixed'. Person who does the 'fixing' gets accredited as co-writer? *scratches head*

she said in an interview that she writes down all of the stuff in her mind and someone (she mentioned a name I can't remember now) fixes them, and makes them rhyme or smthn

Now what's the likelihood he'd work on both Live or Die (old) and AFFA (new) without ANY of us ever hearing about him? Have you guys not met evilentity?

How many songs has she not written by herself?  I'm a bit disappointed.  I know her lyrics sometimes seem cut-and-paste of very specific motifs and are repeated often.  But still, you think there's an underlying "thing" underneath.  A lot of great artists do that and it's something that attracted to me Lana's music. You get the feeling the artist is digging towards a certain idea more and more and there's something internally important about whatever idea/turn of phrase/etc. that the artist uses so much.  Sometimes I go between thinking that she's really dumb/ditzy or really more intelligent than people give her credit for.  I don't believe there's any kind of editor for the most part because a lot of her lyrics are wonky and awkward.  There's some charm in that.  I'd concede that probably stuff from BTD and Paradise got a look-over.

Also disappointed in this guy.  It's pretty unprofessional of him to be like this, so that makes me doubt his credibility somewhat (but you cannot deny his job title).  It's disheartening to see Lana passing off Coney Island references to some trust fund 23 year old with good looks.

Edit: also overall --

I hope to hear "Black Beauty" at least on this album near it's original leak.  It gives me female Leonard Cohen vibes which I think Lana would be in favor of.  Ultraviolence definitely seems influenced by A Clockwork Orange.  The feeling definitely feels more dance and electronic-oriented.  It'd be interesting to see "Behind Closed Doors" on it. 

She spans such a breadth of genres in her back catalog; that's what is interesting.  She could release like five different EPs with a solid set of songs of the same genre.  So it's hard to guess where'd she go with this.  She can go very electronic and almost touching that excellent SOHN remix of "Ride" like the final release of BCD sounds like (but I don't think he's the producer), to something like doo-wop/60s sound like "Queen of Disaster".  There's a lot of stuff in between too.  Also it's been mentioned that it might be rocky, which she has tons of solid material in too.

I think Interscope will have a lot of sway with this one.  She's starting to top the club charts, but that probably came after the recording of a decent portion of this album.  The label is probably seeing her as a strong Top 40 contender now.  That's why I think it will have quite a bit of electronic influence.  The "debut" didn't land quite as well, but there's some redemption in her as a club act.  It'd be stupid for Interscope not to try to target the demographic she's doing well in.

u6pq4c9.gif

it would be a nightmare if it was just a compilation of all old songs tbh :sideeye:

She jokingly talked about the idea of releasing a collection of those songs entitled The Leaked Sessions in May. Who knows... maybe that idea did now turn into a collection called Ultraviolent since those songs have been ultraviolently stolen.  :hooker:

I'm obviously kidding.  :creep:

She jokingly talked about the idea of releasing a collection of those songs entitled The Leaked Sessions in May. Who knows... maybe that idea did now turn into a collection called Ultraviolent since those songs have been ultraviolently stolen.  :hooker:

I'm obviously kidding.  :creep:

But really, you never know with Lana...

"UPCOMING"? WHAT THE FUCK 

S1FxKNH.png

WHO IS EDWARD GALLEGOS? IS THIS HIS LEGIT ACCOUNT? AM I IN NEED OF AN AMBULANCE

If this is true... he's a fucking idiot. Like, this is an unreleased song that emerged somehow on the internet, and little to nothing is known about it. He's acting like his name wasn't included in liner notes of an official release. I understand his need to have his work credited, but messaging random YouTube users seems a little, I don't know, desperate?

Not sure if his repetitive mentioning of 'UMG' is due to pretentiousness or desperate emphasis on his unmentioned writing credit. Really, shame on you for not including it in your fan video on YouTube! How dare you!  :sky: Also, what about Alexander Stoden? Not important enough to be credited as a writer in your video, as implied by Mr Co-Writer Out of Nowhere? 

Then again:

Not buying it

#TeamJarrad  :troll:

Basically this, yes.

1456795_670350736318565_1717444685_n.jpg

I wonder if he sent this exact message to the ASCAP...  :teehee:

The fuck? My Live or Die video was deleted eons ago by Jarrad Rogers (at least, that's what YouTube told me).

Had you only credited him in the description... Don't fuck with the UMG peeps! :derpna:

Well I compared his Twitter feed and his Instagram feed and here's what I got:

15th November 2012:
Ahhhh!!! I finally have a meeting with ASCAP!!! This might be the beginning of something quite special.  ;)

25th November 2012:
Best weekend of my life by far :) Thank you so much #UGM, #Polydor @@lanadelrey, @soundgarden

29th November 2012:
all I've ever wanted was the world :) looks like I'll be getting just that

Obviously songwriting was something that he's been wanting to do for a long time and he's happy to get his big break. I think he's a legit person and I'm happy that he got to realise his dream.

3rd December 2012:
Fuck me like we fucked your father. New Lana Sounds #2014 #sluts

12th December 2012:
Today I've teamed with the bad kids, I'll fight for the fuck-ups. #thebeginning #nyc

I'm guessing he's in New York to work with Lana. Because from this point on, whenever he's in NY he tweets Lana-esque lines.

1. diamond fuckr... be forewarned

2. spending the day writing new music. funny how one simple sentence can carry so much influence

3. shes like the lasers in the dance hall, the the reason the stars come out at night

4. the love isn't here, in this expensive hotel, in the middle of NYC

5. Not easily impressed, no. Not settling for less, hoe. You want me to say yes, oh. You better bring your best, go... its all you

6. streetlamps through the window, his eyes lite up my darkness. Take my soul, I've been waiting at the gates of my heaven.

7. hes an old world romantic from another time my hopes came back alive. Swag got nothing on his antics, this guys given me new reason for life

I'm not totally sure if they are all Lana, but I have a feeling that at least two or three are. Since he's just gotten his big break I'm sure he's not writing for nore than one person at the same time. I think he's definitely focused on Lana and her music. A while later, he actually tweets Lana lyrics and mentions Lana:

10th February 2012:
Babe its do or die, tonight I want it all. We're gunna live the lie ;) @@lanadelrey #wearethelie

Then he posts a whole set of lyrics on his Instagram on the same day as that tweet (with a photo of Roses): "I know I like him, hes the bestest, my mind cant keep up to his pace. Babes my small time ganster, one touch sets my oxy glossy eyes in a spin. The minutes fall to pieces, baby forget our lives, innocense is a thing of the past. Its down to a wire, gotta get to the other side. Take my body, finish this young loves race"

No activity again until April where he posts this on his Instagram. Not sure if it's Lana but anything's possible: "All the flight in you, all the shit you put me through, all this trouble chasing heaven, it's done. The lights have all blown out, the time is burning up, babe I'm through with you. #Timechain 11/12/13"