Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

Also i think she had a reserved seat bc she was invited. not necessarily because she was attending.

A seat does not guarantee an attendance.

Well thats what I was trying to say. The guy I quoted said 'they only want you there if you're a megastar or you're there to receive an award', and she has a seat which means she was wanted, she's just choosing not to go

She no doubt has her seat way at the back, her choosing, otherwise she would be forced to shaire upfront seats with the vile presence of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and the rest of those hack fools.

Lol what ? Im pretty sure she has no problems talking to and being accompanied by these "vile" persons.  She just doesnt like publicity and big shows, I understand her how stressful it can be.

lana-del-rey-katy-perry.jpg

Are there pictures of her there?? 

white-shadow.png

lol sry i had to

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

LDR had a shit-ton amount of stuff to talk about had somebody actually stopped her on the red carpet, and she wouldn't have had to worry about looking nice (of course). So like many others, I was disappointed when she didn't show. While I respect her introversion, the clearest way to show you "don't care" about an awards ceremony is to show up and actually not care (e.g., promote oneself, enjoy the show, observe the competition). As it is, it's sort of ambiguous. Maybe she really does care?

I doubt anybody's surprised LDR didn't win best pop vocal album. Bruno winning pop album still sends a clear message that she (and Lorde) were nominated because their work is respected enough to be nominated. Adele winning for skyfall (again) also sends a message (nothing succeeds like success, perhaps?). I'm still wrapping my head around what the remix win means, or how LDR views it. I'm disappointed the Grammy voting population didn't award LDR more directly on her work. However, it's well known that the Grammys are not very good at awarding for talent or impact of a musical artist.  I think of the Grammy "Lifetime achievment" award as a retroactive correction for this (as they do too). You can explore past winners of Grammys at:

So try "David Bowie" "Led Zeppelin" "David Byrne" "Talking Heads" "Elvis Costello" "Depeche Mode" "Roxy Music" see what pops up (it doesn't have the 2014 results yet). Does what they win for (when they win anything at all) actually reflect the merit of their work?

LDR had a shit-ton amount of stuff to talk about had somebody actually stopped her on the red carpet, and she wouldn't have had to worry about looking nice (of course). So like many others, I was disappointed when she didn't show. While I respect her introversion, the clearest way to show you "don't care" about an awards ceremony is to show up and actually not care (e.g., promote oneself, enjoy the show, observe the competition). As it is, it's sort of ambiguous. Maybe she really does care?

I doubt anybody's surprised LDR didn't win best pop vocal album. Bruno winning pop album still sends a clear message that she (and Lorde) were nominated because their work is respected enough to be nominated. Adele winning for skyfall (again) also sends a message (nothing succeeds like success, perhaps?). I'm still wrapping my head around what the remix win means, or how LDR views it. I'm disappointed the Grammy voting population didn't award LDR more directly on her work. However, it's well known that the Grammys are not very good at awarding for talent or impact of a musical artist.  I think of the Grammy "Lifetime achievment" award as a retroactive correction for this (as they do too). You can explore past winners of Grammys at:

So try "David Bowie" "Led Zeppelin" "David Byrne" "Talking Heads" "Elvis Costello" "Depeche Mode" "Roxy Music" see what pops up (it doesn't have the 2014 results yet). Does what they win for (when they win anything at all) actually reflect the merit of their work?

Grammy is a joke. Imagine Dragons won over David Bowie, Jack White and QOTSA in Rock Performance. 

Grammy is a joke. Imagine Dragons won over David Bowie, Jack White and QOTSA in Rock Performance. 

Not a joke, but error-prone. I think I remember Imagine Dragons saying on the red carpet it would be a "travesty" if they won over their competition (so they didn't have to write a victory speech). I've got to watch the thing on DVR to see what they said.

She no doubt has her seat way at the back, her choosing, otherwise she would be forced to shaire upfront seats with the vile presence of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and the rest of those hack fools.

her seat was within like 10 feet of taylor swift who was in the first row and wow what makes you too cool for pop? and aw "you know i'm not good w big ceremonies" qt as heck

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

you guys do realize the Grammys have almost nothing to do with talent right? the fact that Macklemore won best rap [blank] in 3 different categories just shows it's all about money and sales. most of the voting panel doesn't know shit about music either.

with that being said, as I've said earlier I wish you guys would just respect the fact that she didn't attend. she didn't do it in spite of her fans or America, she doesn't like these big shitty ceremonies and I don't blame her

bye

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

You know, I don't blame her for not attending. I'm not even bothered.

I mean really, who would have wanted to sit through those performances while constantly being videotaped for funny reactions?

Other than Taylor Swift, the performances sucked and it was full of strange people so it's like...at least she saved herself the trouble. :whatever: