Sign in to follow this  
brettsrebellion

Tips for Attending a Lana Concert

id prefer to hear lana singing her songs like i paid for than drunk people attempting them but  :whatever:

It's a valide opinion, but it must be sooo boring to the artist. I remember Lana saying "You guys are amazing, it's so fun today, etc" but she was obviously not happy. Just watch her concert in Sao Paulo and you will see how happy she + everybody was. The concert is the only time you can interact with the artist and you choose to just stare lol. For me it is a waste of money.

EotAQlJ.jpg

I give this shitty advice in like every thread and probably most ppl wouldn't like this position, but if you go far right/far left of the barrier, even front row you won't experience the moshing/pushy people. The view was fine for me and I could be delusional about making eye contact with Lana a bunch of times.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I give this shitty advice in like every thread and probably most ppl wouldn't like this position, but if you go far right/far left of the barrier, even front row you won't experience the moshing/pushy people. The view was fine for me and I could be delusional about making eye contact with Lana a bunch of times.

I was actually thinking of that. I like being on the sides because you get a full view from an angle and the scope of the view seems to be better. I've been to shows in the past where I was front row to the side and it was a great view to be honest.

It's a valide opinion, but it must be sooo boring to the artist. I remember Lana saying "You guys are amazing, it's so fun today, etc" but she was obviously not happy. Just watch her concert in Sao Paulo and you will see how happy she + everybody was. The concert is the only time you can interact with the artist and you choose to just stare lol. For me it is a waste of money.

People in the States will sing along, no doubt about it. The audience reaction is different depending on the country where the show takes place. Some cultures are more expressive than others. I agree that going to a show where people are not very enthusiastic can affect the experience negatively, but a crowd that sings very loud can be annoying if it covers the artist's voice. The sound system must be good enough to cover the crowd.

Tbh, I don't like when people sing along, even when the sound system is good, because Lana doesn't sing the same when she's live and people sing like she sings in her studio recording and they are not in unison, (different pitch and rhythm). Really they should just stfu and listen.

ALSO— I have another friend who goes to my university who is going to be there as well with some of her friends, but they're coming up to Seattle the day of and won't be there till 10am. They were going to try and meet Lana when she enters the venue, but I'm not sure leaving a spot in line is worth the attempt. Anyone know anything about this? I'm personally not that concerned about meeting her, just want to get a good view and enjoy the music.

I saw her tour bus pull in  and we got someone in our group to hold our spot for us. We ran to the stage door and security told us to line up and we were shitting ourselves, but apparently she went through a secret entrance.   :(

People in the States will sing along, no doubt about it. The audience reaction is different depending on the country where the show takes place. Some cultures are more expressive than others. I agree that going to a show where people are not very enthusiastic can affect the experience negatively, but a crowd that sings very loud can be annoying if it covers the artist's voice. The sound system must be good enough to cover the crowd.

Tbh, I don't like when people sing along, even when the sound system is good, because Lana doesn't sing the same when she's live and people sing like she sings in her studio recording and they are not in unison, (different pitch and rhythm). Really they should just stfu and listen.

Yeah, it is different with Lana xd. I am sure I was one of the few who knew the way she sings her songs live. "but a crowd that sings very loud can be annoying if it covers the artist's voice." This can turn out to be a problem and I agree with what you said. 

When I say people should sing, it doesn't even need to be loudly: I personally do not have a loud voice, but I still sang it. I personally feel more of a connection singing than remaining quiet :) Lana came to me at the end of the concert and I'm sure it was because I actually did something ( she did look at me lots of times, considering I was the only one singing on my side of the venue).

EotAQlJ.jpg

Yeah, it is different with Lana xd. I am sure I was one of the few who knew the way she sings her songs live. "but a crowd that sings very loud can be annoying if it covers the artist's voice." This can turn out to be a problem and I agree with what you said. 

When I say people should sing, it doesn't even need to be loudly: I personally do not have a loud voice, but I still sang it. I personally feel more of a connection singing than remaining quiet :) Lana came to me at the end of the concert and I'm sure it was because I actually did something ( she did look at me lots of times, considering I was the only one singing on my side of the venue).

I don't think singing is bad as long as you're not screaming at everyone around you. There are certain artists who I HAVE to sing along with at times when I see them live, and it's usually ones who I'm really enthusiastic about or obsessed with. When I saw Courtney Love last summer I couldn't resist the urge to sing along to some of my favorite songs of hers— I think I sang along with all of "Violet" and a few others, but she encouraged it by putting the mic out toward the audience at times. It's sometimes just a natural reaction, but there is a point where it's so obnoxious that you're distracting those around you from the performer onstage.

Sorry, but I go to every big concert in Seattle that has the audience Lana will (Gaga, Marina) and you don't need to arrive that early. 

Really? I'm from Portland but I've been to a few shows in Seattle over the years (Bumbershoot, at the Moore), though I've never been to the WaMu theater— Bumbershoot was wild, but it's a festival so that was expected. It just seems like Lana's shows are absolutely insane based on what I've heard. My friend in Chicago told me about her horrifying experience seeing Lana there, but then again, Chicago is way bigger than Seattle. I still want to show up early to be on the safe side. Maybe we'll end up being the very first in line(?)

Sorry, but I go to every big concert in Seattle that has the audience Lana will (Gaga, Marina) and you don't need to arrive that early.

What time should I go?

Really? I'm from Portland but I've been to a few shows in Seattle over the years (Bumbershoot, at the Moore), though I've never been to the WaMu theater— Bumbershoot was wild, but it's a festival so that was expected. It just seems like Lana's shows are absolutely insane based on what I've heard. My friend in Chicago told me about her horrifying experience seeing Lana there, but then again, Chicago is way bigger than Seattle. I still want to show up early to be on the safe side. Maybe we'll end up being the very first in line(?)

I got to Gaga, a Monday show, on Friday and nobody arrived until early Monday morning. 

I got to Marina at 9am, people who arrived at 6pm were also front row.

Madonna, again I arrived 2-3 hours before doors opened and people walked right in up to the front row at 8 pm. 

I always arrive really early in the morning, overestimating the lines, and people who arrive 1-2 hours later are besides me. I think if you get to Lana between 9-10 you will get a really amazing spot! Do what you feel you need to do, but I wouldn't say arrive the night before or before the sunrise. Just go early, but not before 9-10 IMO.

What time should I go?

For front row, I'd say arrive by 10, for close anytime before 4? 

I got to Gaga, a Monday show, on Friday and nobody arrived until early Monday morning. 

Madonna, again I arrived 2-3 hours before doors opened and people walked right in up to the front row at 8 pm. 

I always arrive really early in the morning, overestimating the lines, and people who arrive 1-2 hours later are besides me. I think if you get to Lana between 9-10 you will get a really amazing spot! Do what you feel you need to do, but I wouldn't say arrive the night before or before the sunrise. Just go early, but not before 9-10 IMO.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Thanks for the input so much! I'm probably still going to show up at 6am just as a safety measure, and especially since our hotel is right across the street so it's not like it's far away.

Okay so, I'm going to see lana at the shrine expo hall, and i just have a few questions because this is my first lana concert(so excited). First things first, is if anyone is familiar with the venue, is their good parking around the venue? Also, when do you think it would be safe to come and have a spot in front row, I'm planning at being their at 8 AM or 9. How do you get lana to sign something, like when she comes to the venue do you have to get out of line? Also, I want to give her a hand-drawing (very good actually) that i made of her ultra violence album cover but i really don't know if it would be weird to say " hey lana take this!" also i want to ask her to follow me on twitter but i would feel so rude. Sorry these are a lot of questions I just want to be really prepared. Now about the inside, where should i stand in front, which side, or should i try and get mid? I read that there is a credit-card line and a will call line, is this true for all events? Which one is usually shorter? I might ask more questions if they come to mind but please try and help me with this, it would mean the world.

Demos_copy.png

Tbh I think going at 8/9am will not be enough. People will camp out overnight, you should go earlier if you want barricade.

GL

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

she takes gifts from fans, if she tries signing it or something just be like "no thats for you" and maybe write your twitter name on the back of the drawing?she wont remember/ hear you if you actually say it and also get there a lot earlier i have a feeling LA fans are hardcore

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Not to scare you but I've seen endless amount of people in twitter that are going (obvs trying for front row) And then there's lohanthony and his buddies who will probably get special treatment..

So try to get there early you don't wana get a lame position and regret it for years.

She usually goes to mid and to the side where the stairs are though I do think in NA she goes through it all try not to be too far. From what I've seen the people that get selfies/noticed are the ones that make eye contact/hand gestures to her through out the concert so you want to do that. Don't know more, good luck baby I hope you meet her. The show is in her hometown tho so hopefully she'll also hang around in the back of the venue a few hours later. Security has gotten tighter tho so no guarantees.