National Anthem

ALLIE X

it emerged that the elusive, blog favourite has chosen the state-of-the-art performance venue, the Phi Centre, to showcase her live debut to the world. While the details are yet to be announced, the performance will mark a new chapter in her career, and we’ll be able to stream it in a range of places online – further design in keeping with the precise aesthetic we’ve been seduced by so far.

http://notionmagazine.com/profile-the-rise-and-rise-of-allie-x/

:excited:  :excited:

自由になる自由がある

Fuck yes omq I hope she goes on tour this summer or fall or next year, I really wanna see her live!! Excited to see those livestreams, I bet she has a really good live show planned

Her Valentine's Day 2011 tour in Canada was spectacular, it had a setlist and a storyboard. In it, she was getting married to Chad von Gaeallon who ends up not showing up at the wedding because he cheats on her with another man and she finds out. After the intro, she sings "Oh Chad", followed by "The Hard Way", followed by "Mistake", followed by "Damaged Nail", and closing with "We Are Not The Stars". 

Her Valentine's Day 2011 tour in Canada was spectacular, it had a setlist and a storyboard. In it, she was getting married to Chad von Gaeallon who ends up not showing up at the wedding because he cheats on her with another man and she finds out. After the intro, she sings "Oh Chad", followed by "The Hard Way", followed by "Mistake", followed by "Damaged Nail", and closing with "We Are Not The Stars".

Pretty sure the show started with "The Hard Way", actually.

Anyway that was back in the thespian days, I'm super psyched to see how she pulls off her live debut as Allie X, I expect a lot of GIFs either playing over the livestream or projected behind her. Most of all, I'm just so excited to hear the songs live. :flutter:

X----into me, into you----X

I'll let her press bio speak for itself. ((I find it incredibly pretentious tbh, but ya get the gist of it))

Allie X offers herself to you, body and blood

but Allie X is not your savior.

She’s not a GIF-making saint for you to worship on Tumblr

nor a glitchy technicolor idol for you to pray to through an iPhone screen.

She’s not a celebrity either, in the traditional sense.

Though Katy Perry endorsed her and hundreds of thousands are streaming her, she’s not a poster for you to hang on your wall

or an archetype to mold yourself into.

Allie X is not a role model.

She’s the shell you press to your ear to listen to the sound of your own blood coursing through your veins.

She’s the echo of your isolated soul trapped in a body

attempting release through ecstatic dance.

Allie X makes pop music—electronic, detuned, glimmering confections woven from egoic dreams.

delusional/childlike hope

shadows

doctors

but don’t be fooled.

Not everything made from the dredged up bits of her fragmented past

are so easily reassembled.

The girl behind the glasses and long brown hair is not someone you will ever know.

You can imitate her Adopt her alien diet. Renounce sugar. Implant yourself in a new city

You can be a classically trained pianist A failed musical theatre performer

a self-taught producer

but the question remains

Are you closer to finding yourself?

Consider the X:

The variable of possibility. The site of treasure. The doorway to freedom. Search the structure of your psyche.

Travel in/create an alternate/middle world where painful past meets glittering future. Spin around in a circle.

Watch as the forms around you coalesce into light.

Find truth in disorientation.

Add X to your own equation.

Become your own savior.

Begin your own Xploration.

*dead in paçoca*  :deadbanana: 

Did anyone download the video or what? 

She's a classically trained pianist, why would she choose to stand against a wall with a guitarist playing next to her :\

teasing the deleted video with gif avi i c