National Anthem

ALLIE X

I'll let her press bio speak for itself. ((I find it incredibly pretentious tbh, but ya get the gist of it))

Allie X offers herself to you, body and blood

but Allie X is not your savior.

She’s not a GIF-making saint for you to worship on Tumblr

nor a glitchy technicolor idol for you to pray to through an iPhone screen.

She’s not a celebrity either, in the traditional sense.

Though Katy Perry endorsed her and hundreds of thousands are streaming her, she’s not a poster for you to hang on your wall

or an archetype to mold yourself into.

Allie X is not a role model.

She’s the shell you press to your ear to listen to the sound of your own blood coursing through your veins.

She’s the echo of your isolated soul trapped in a body

attempting release through ecstatic dance.

Allie X makes pop music—electronic, detuned, glimmering confections woven from egoic dreams.

delusional/childlike hope

shadows

doctors

but don’t be fooled.

Not everything made from the dredged up bits of her fragmented past

are so easily reassembled.

The girl behind the glasses and long brown hair is not someone you will ever know.

You can imitate her Adopt her alien diet. Renounce sugar. Implant yourself in a new city

You can be a classically trained pianist A failed musical theatre performer

a self-taught producer

but the question remains

Are you closer to finding yourself?

Consider the X:

The variable of possibility. The site of treasure. The doorway to freedom. Search the structure of your psyche.

Travel in/create an alternate/middle world where painful past meets glittering future. Spin around in a circle.

Watch as the forms around you coalesce into light.

Find truth in disorientation.

Add X to your own equation.

Become your own savior.

Begin your own Xploration.

:rip: This is why I'm never paying for ha music

If she really wanted everyone to forget everything pre-Catch then there wouldn't even be old videos or articles of her performing live. She did an extremely good job of scrubbing a LOT from the Internet, but there's a reason why there's tiny slivers were left behind. 

A recent interviewer even asked her about How Do You Solve a Problem and she was happy to talk about it, which to me displays that it's not something she'd like to forget. She had a lot going for her in Canada. 

She wanted us to Xplore, and we are exploring the human behind the artifice

BzhmW.png

She wants everyone to forget Gorilla Sounds and everything up until Catch, her real debut. I think she deserves that kind of respect as an artist.

I find this particularly funny. Lana did the same thing, as do most artists that begin to gain traction.

That explains rationale for not leaking things in general, however it's quite contradictory when you're sitting here with private soundcloud links to her old material that people don't have and running around with a greater self importance in threads like this because you have something people don't

If you actually believed what you said then you would never mention half the things you do imo

It's not a personal problem, as I don't know you personally and I'm sure you're quite nice irl, but it just gets old idk

BzhmW.png

Though Katy Perry endorsed her and hundreds of thousands are streaming her, she’s not a poster for you to hang on your wall

She’s the shell you press to your ear to listen to the sound of your own blood coursing through your veins.

Allie X makes pop music—electronic, detuned, glimmering confections woven from egoic dreams.

shadows

doctors

but don’t be fooled.

The girl behind the glasses and long brown hair is not someone you will ever know.

You can imitate her Adopt her alien diet. Renounce sugar. Implant yourself in a new city

a self-taught producer

but the question remains

Consider the X:

The variable of possibility. The site of treasure. The doorway to freedom. Search the structure of your psyche.

Travel in/create an alternate/middle world where painful past meets glittering future. Spin around in a circle.

Become your own savior.

inb4 Lana's next monologue

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I find this particularly funny. Lana did the same thing, as do most artists that begin to gain traction.

That explains rationale for not leaking things in general, however it's quite contradictory when you're sitting here with private soundcloud links to her old material that people don't have and running around with a greater self importance in threads like this because you have something people don't

If you actually believed what you said then you would never mention half the things you do imo

It's not a personal problem, as I don't know you personally and I'm sure you're quite nice irl, but it just gets old idk

Dude, I wish I had the stuff you think I haveAll I know is that she uploads demos to soundcloud, as we've seen with Sculpture, and that the four songs that got out got out because someone with the soundcloud links shared them. I've never had any of it.

X----into me, into you----X

I'll let her press bio speak for itself. ((I find it incredibly pretentious tbh, but ya get the gist of it))

shadows

doctors

but don’t be fooled.

a self-taught producer

but the question remains

Consider the X:

Become your own savior.

This is so cringeworthy... could she try any harder?

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

This is really unnecessary .......

Anyways I respect that she makes completely different music now and basically is a different person as Allie X than Allie Hughes. But I still think she should keep her old music up and not rid the internet of it completely!!!! Its nice to see the artistic growth. I'm sure those old two albums will find their way online someday as someone else said. Ugh I'm just so obsessed with Allie I wanna know so much more about her and hear so much more of her music!!!! Why does she have -4 interviews. omgitsandrew u better get one w/ her

Same here.

I think it's completely understandable that she want people to focus on Allie X and not the past stuff, and she did a great job getting rid of everything she could. But I don't buy it when she's the one handing soundcloud links to her old stuff for some people lol

I do think now that eventually, if she archive some success specially on Canada, her stuff will see the light off the day. She was pretty big on the underground scene there.

自由になる自由がある

This is really unnecessary .......

Anyways I respect that she makes completely different music now and basically is a different person as Allie X than Allie Hughes. But I still think she should keep her old music up and not rid the internet of it completely!!!! Its nice to see the artistic growth. I'm sure those old two albums will find their way online someday as someone else said. Ugh I'm just so obsessed with Allie I wanna know so much more about her and hear so much more of her music!!!! Why does she have -4 interviews. omgitsandrew u better get one w/ her

Me too. she has such raw talent that almost any artist today doesn't. 

If she really wanted everyone to forget everything pre-Catch then there wouldn't even be old videos or articles of her performing live. She did an extremely good job of scrubbing a LOT from the Internet, but there's a reason why there's tiny slivers were left behind. 

A recent interviewer even asked her about How Do You Solve a Problem and she was happy to talk about it, which to me displays that it's not something she'd like to forget. She had a lot going for her in Canada. 

She wanted us to Xplore, and we are exploring the human behind the artifice

Why did I scream? :rip: 

But I agree... However wasn't that interview from 2010???

I just realized, one month until COLLXTION I

!

I wonder if she plans on releasing Tumor or another xample of a new track before the release. Given the press release and description she's giving in interviews I was thinking of some form of new content (image, GIF, song clip, stem) every day, but it's very sporadic thus far. Maybe it'll pick up after the release

Wizard of X is not her, it's a brazilian fan. :deadbanana:

then how is he posting all these cryptic messages of release dates/teasers before she is, because she RTs them 

BzhmW.png

!

I wonder if she plans on releasing Tumor or another xample of a new track before the release. Given the press release and description she's giving in interviews I was thinking of some form of new content (image, GIF, song clip, stem) every day, but it's very sporadic thus far. Maybe it'll pick up after the release

then how is he posting all these cryptic messages of release dates/teasers before she is, because she RTs them 

She is giving them lyrics to post from what I know. They just DM'd her after she followed them and they said they would promote her so she gave them lyrics to post.