Sign in to follow this  
SherryCherry

"Those who are enamoured by Lana, all have stories on their back."

Once a friend told me that all of those who listen to Lana needed a certain courage to take in her melancholy.

I looked around and found that most friends who listen to LDR (before Summertime Sadness became a dance song) have stories on their back. The sad types of stories.

I still remember the first time I heard Video Games. It was a wave of sadness, loneliness, emptiness with a sparkling feeling of love for life.

Love, even through despair.

Once in our youth we all go through that One love story, the one that made us the happiest but broke us the hardest, the one that made us grow up or dead overnight when it ended. The night when it ended for me, that's when Lana Del Rey came into my heart. I couldn't resist her seductive melancholy. She makes me want to be her: you may break me, but I'll fall like cherry blossoms--in the most beautiful way.

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything I do...I tell you all the time, Heaven is a place on Earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do."

For me to cure myself, I spent some serious time on making this cover of Video Games. I am a musician, and as a musician you hear a thousand songs a week, then you become pickier and pickier. But this song is that one in a million that forever stole my heart.

Here's the link if you're interested.

https://www.youtube....h?v=lCela6VJ3UI

Lana cures. She sings out my sadness and makes me feel like everything is fine. Listening to her is almost like being on the operating table, she cuts out my heart and removes my sadness.

And you? What's your story with Lana?

Beautiful cover.

I don't really have any stories, sad or not-- there's no specific reason why I am enamored by Lana. I just really appreciate her artistry and I think her music is beautiful. It inspires me and I often listen her music exclusively while I paint or collage. I spent hours doing one collage and listened to Black Beauty on repeat. Her music is soothing and sweet and I could listen to some songs on repeat for weeks. I love that. The longevity of her music.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Guest Dot

Please get off this site attention whore

You're fucking rude.

^ Get the fuck out of here with your 2002 Avril Lavigne emo ass. :facepalm:

I was expecting mediocre pop with an 8-bit gimmick, and got a surreal chick in a yellow sweater instead, purring over flourishing strings. It took me all of 37 seconds to fall head-over-heels in love. There's nothing more to that.

Dark stories, for me, didn't come along until far later -- and then I used Sirens as leverage to get back on my feet. So, yes... I'm thankful to have found Lana, but it wasn't until far later I realized the depth of that gratitude.

#deep

rihKQ8M.gif

Guest Dot

you-re-irrelevant_design.png

Aren't you actually an even bigger attention whore? Your random-ass and rude comments on other people's status updates and threads make you look quite desperate for attention and pressed.

tumblr_mxlmbsdWKT1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

^ Get the fuck out of here with your 2002 Avril Lavigne emo ass. :facepalm:

You look like a man please close your mouth. 

Aren't you actually an even bigger attention whore? Your random-ass and rude comments on other people's status updates and threads make you look quite desperate for attention and pressed.

Hmm truthful = / = rude. Telling you no-one cares about your stupid and constant attention seeking MOTM statuses (which mods have deleted as you have told us several times from your whiney butthurt statuses) isn't being rude. I'd take that as an insult in you didn't tragically posts photos of yourself in the shower on an online forum, peasant.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Please get off this site attention whore

Well, he's not lying... 

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Although this thread pointed out two fav LB memes (Harlem being emo and Skid Row being androgynous), y'all are so messy :toofunny: lockt